Start by marking “The Leper” as Want to Read:
The Leper

Read eBook

The Leper

Set in nineteenth-century England, this is a touching story of how one small child exposed to leprosy changes the hearts and lives of a community.
Hardcover
Published June 20th 2002 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Leper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Leper

Start your review of The Leper
Sarah Honkanen
Jul 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
For such a small book, it sure has a lot of depth. I couldn't wait to put it on our book club list last year, and it did not disappoint. There was a lively discussion.
Grace
I was very pleased with this book. When I walked into the library the day I checked it out, I was hoping to find a well-written work of Christian fiction that was intelligent and centered around the things of God and His work in people's lives, not any over-the-top dramatic or romantic content. This book definitely fulfilled those expectations in the best of ways. In fact, the only somewhat negative thing I could possibly say is that it was too short! It did feel a tiny bit rushed through at cer ...more
Lora
Apr 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. This book was not what I thought it would be, and did not turn out as my brain expected after reading the title. It's a wonderful inspiring story. I picked it up at the library one day, and thought, "Hummmm." A quick read to make our lives better - to encourage us to let love change our hearts and sustain us, by following the example of Jesus Christ and the love he shared with all.
Lime Juice
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I know I already added a comment but no one really sees those at least not that I know of but........This book was amazing.... I will just keep saying it.No spoilers here though the ending was absolutely beautiful. Inspiring and..........AMAZING..... No many how many times I read it the Story makes me sigh with love for the story, the inspiringness(I know that is not a word but), the thought provoking situations and I could go on but this book is definitely a must read.
Tracy
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a GREAT book -- a quick read without being too preachy or trite. I have been craving a book that doesn't disappoint, where characters do the right things for the right reasons ... this book fits the bill perfectly. I will probably reread sometime in the future as well.
Sue
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent...Couldn't put it down. A story of great love and the sacrifices it allows. Even more than that is the introspection it generates.
Paulette Olinda
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short but pretty good read.
Sharon
Human & lovely. Interestingly, at least I found it so, little Gabrielle is reminiscent of Little Pearl in The Scarlet Letter. ...more
Melissa
In this short novel inspired by Ron DiCianni’s painting of a leper and Jesus, Sigmund Brouwer paints a new and inspiring picture with his words.

In 19th Century England, Nathaniel returns from military service a leper—too ashamed of his hideous appearance to return to his wife and children, much less to possibly pass the disease to them. He hides in a pub and sends money to his wife . . . along with a letter saying he has fallen in love with another woman.

When Nathaniel finds a helpless, abando
Kathleen
Historical fiction. It sounds good. The audiobook is only 4 hours, narrated by Guy Bethell, who sounds like Richard Armitage (but isn't him — http://www.britvoiceguy.com/). This is a classic, set in 19th Century England. A soldier returns home from war with leprosy. He decides to hide away from his wife and child, for their own health. But when he comes upon a newborn baby, abandoned, he reluctantly and fearfully gets involved. A poignant and heartwarming story, set in a small English village. I ...more
Josie
Dec 12, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: People who are struggling with self esteem.
This book made me feel very good about myself. It has a very strong meaning for people who are struggling in thier life. This story is helping me to understand true love.
Mary
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
a short sweet book
Jona
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Nederlandstalige titel: De verschoppeling

Goed boek, geen spanning, maar een traag opbouwend verhaal dat je enorm doet meeleven
Jessica
Loved it, absolutely loved it!
Amy Dye
Apr 07, 2016
Benjamin Brittany
Apr 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Irish Cottage: Finding Elizabeth (The Irish Heart, #1)
  • Room to Breathe
  • Eye of the Red Tsar (Inspector Pekkala, #1)
  • A Christmas Blizzard
  • At the Villa of Reduced Circumstances (Portuguese Irregular Verbs, #3)
  • Boo Humbug
  • Dear Garbage Man
  • Understanding the Dreams You Dream (Revised)
  • Every Dreamer's Handbook: A Simple Guide to Understanding Your Dreams (Understanding the Dreams You Dream, Vol. 2)
  • The Lemon Table
  • Get out of That Pit: A 40-Day Devotional Journal
  • Get Out of That Pit!: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance
  • Backstage Pass
  • To Heaven and Back: The Journey of a Roman Catholic Priest
  • The Official Ninja Handbook
Sigmund loves going to schools to get kids excited about reading, reaching roughly 80,000 students a year through his Rock&Roll Literacy Show. ...more

News & Interviews