Start by marking “Secrets to a Successful Blog Tour” as Want to Read:
Secrets to a Successful Blog Tour

Secrets to a Successful Blog Tour

From the publicist who introduced the world to Fifty Shades of Grey, Donna Huber is now revealing her secrets to successful blog tours. She shares tips and tricks learned through organizing over 30 tours, blasts, and promotional events for nearly 50 independently and traditionally published titles.

Secrets revealed in this quick read include,

*Planning stage decisions
*Diffe
Published June 17th 2013 by Donna Huber (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets to a Successful Blog Tour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets to a Successful Blog Tour

Abigail
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this guide with baited breath because I run an author image service, run book tours for them and work with a lot of authors as a helpful hand who do not have the funds to hire PR on even a part time basis. This guide was needed. She has talked about many of the information in this how-to piece on her blog as part of her Thursday Tipe feature posts. BUT what she did here was expand upon it and give a step-by-step easy to follow guide, and even used pictures! (Yes I am visu ...more
Donna Huber
May 29, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: nonfiction
It's my book so of course I think it is fantastic.
Rebecca Gober
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have to say how excited I was when I saw the title of this book. Even though I am the marketing guru for my publishing company, the idea of organizing a successful blog tour on my own was overwhelming. One thing that's my biggest pet peeve is not having good time management. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to best organize the number of blogs that signed up to host our titles. I tried excel spreadsheets and day planners to keep up with everything, yet I kept feeling like the whole ...more
Naomi
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
First things first: This book, at less than one dollar, is a must purchase for every author who is responsible for their own marketing.

Second: The book is LOADED down with critical information for managing successful blog tours at each and every level of the tour. This is backed up with lists at the end of the book. On that note, this book would have been a 5 star review for me had the author used methods to make critical information stand out, such as bullet points and bold print. Furthermore,
Brenda Perlin
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Even though I read this a while ago I didn’t even think of giving this kind of book a review. How silly of me because I know a lot of hard work went into gathering all this pertinent information. The ideas that were shared on these pages were extremely helpful. It is done in such a clear and precise way with laid out steps that really helped. I loved all the examples too.

I appreciate the suggestions in this handy book and have already used some of the great marketing ideas. This book has very us
Karen Toz
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In Secrets to a Successful Blog Tour, PR expert, Donna Huber, provides pages of invaluable information for every author looking to both set up their own tour or learn more about hiring a tour company to run a tour on their behalf. Donna brings years of experience to the table, sharing tips in an organized and easy to follow manner. Donna gives great examples from her own experiences, ranging from working with traditionally published authors to self-published authors, giving the reader confidence ...more
Angela
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
As a blogger, rather than an author, I found the book to be eye-opening as far as the preparations and work that go into creating a successful tour. I did not realize how far in advance planning needed to start and what steps needed to be taken before bloggers even start signing up to host an author.

See my complete review at Library Girl Reads & Reviews
Rachel Tsoumbakos
This book is such a little gem!

It's quick and easy to read, yet jam packed with so many helpful hints. All the advice is laid out in easy to find sections and everything is explained concisely. Really, I wish this book was around when I first started participating in blog tours, it would have saved me a LOT of leg room!

Well done Donna for bringing all this information together in the once spot!
Amanda
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm helping a friend with publicity for her book, and although we're not doing an actual tour, the information in this book is so easy to understand, that setting up a tour would be so much smoother with this book to guide us. There is still a lot of great information for anyone looking to publicize their book.
A.B. Shepherd
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you are a self-published author looking for ways to promote your new book, this is a must read. It is full of helpful tips on exactly how to organize your very own book tour, how to find bloggers to help you do a book tour and a ton of resources. I found it very helpful indeed.
Jennifer Garcia

This is a great tool!
Addie Broussard
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must have for authors

I wish I had read this book BEFORE I organized my own blog tour. It would have saved me a ton of time. I liked that the book was short and provides information concisely. Will be recommending to my author friends.
Franca Pelaccia
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Secrets to a Successful Blog Tour was a great little read. It had everything a novice author would need to know to understand and manage a blog tour. I highly recommend it to any novice author. I especially enjoyed the tone. I felt Donna Huber was speaking to me directly and giving me advice that made sense and more importantly that I could understand and accomplish. Well done, Donna.
Sarah Weathersby
Jenny Newton
Aug 17, 2013
Special Offer 1 1 Oct 05, 2013 06:06AM
Tour July 29 - Aug. 16 1 2 Jul 29, 2013 11:14AM
Donna Huber is an avid reader and natural encourager. She is the founder and owner of Girl Who Reads, an online site for book reviews and author news. She is the author of the how-to marketing book Secrets to a Successful Blog Tour. She reads most genres, but her favorite books are psychological thrillers and stories that highlight the survival of the human spirit against unbelievable circumstance ...more