Start by marking “Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)

Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  14,700 Ratings  ·  876 Reviews
I thought things were bad and weird before—hold on—it’s getting worse.

Adam and I are both going through identity crises of epic proportions as we Transition from who we were, and discover who we were meant to be. More Fae are dying, and I feel as if time is running out for us to find all of those responsible and put an end to the killings.

The people I thought I could trust
Kindle Edition, First , 455 pages
Published September 18th 2013 by Amelia Hutchins

To ask other readers questions about Taunting Destiny, please sign up.
Summer You should definitely start from the first book. The second one picks up straight after the first, which would mean that reading this book first would…moreYou should definitely start from the first book. The second one picks up straight after the first, which would mean that reading this book first would be extremely confusing. Hope that answers your question. :)(less)

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 21.10.14
Second re-read: 24.04.15
Ohh sweet baby jesus! I'm losing it here!!!! Amelia, how can you let it end like this?! Where was he, what's going on, what will happen?! All these questions in my head, and I'm freaking out!!!! I need to know, like NOW!

Is everything lost? Will Ryder save her? What will the Horde King do? Why didn't he come? What will my Prince of Dark Fae do? Syn and Ryder.. Ryder and Syn.. Ryder… I need more! I miss them already!!!!

Ryder never disappoints, sexy, domina
Elizabeth
“I told you that I would protect you. Even if you don't want me to."
description

Taunting Destiny is the second book in The Fae Chronicles. Ryder and Syn are back and with their destiny unknown, they both cling to each other in hopes that they can survive the battle that is looming all around them.

“You suck,” I mumbled.
“No, Baby, you suck, and you do it very fucking well.”
Taunting Destiny picks up directly after Fighting Destiny. Synthia and Adam are learning to adjust to the truths they have discover
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Who's your daddy Stars

Spoilers

photo 737920_zpsjus4vtao.gif

OMFG I loved this book! The first book was good, but this book Wow just WOW!

So this book picks up right where Fighting Destiny left off. Syn and Adam are trying to deal with the fact that they are Fae, and all that entails including their upcoming transition. Crazy murderers are still out there killing off Fae. Syn is missing her best friend, and she doesn't know who she can trust!

photo 11911658_zps0rktnyas.jpg

I just can't believe how good this book was. Amelia Hutchins added so much to t
Sammy Loves Books
Ah, Ryder...You've Ruined Me!!!
5 ~"You take my breath away" Stars

adam cowie b/w

She's addictive; her body makes me weak with need. I fucking hate it, and yet I no longer want to hurt her, to punish her for this ceaseless craving she's created. I want to save her, protect her. It's a weakness I can't afford.

Ryder is a thousand year old, Fae Dark Prince. Power radiates around him like live electricity. He can have anything and anyone he wants. Except he is obsessed with Synthia. A human witch, that is beneath hi
Jennifer Kyle
"You can’t fight destiny—taunt it, yes, but to fight it will only consume you and, in the end, destiny always wins.”

description

Fast paced, witty, exciting, action packed, HOT HOT HOT, bombshell after bombshell revealed just an all around good read.

Show of hands ladies... Who else wants Ryder?

description

"Who owns you?" He demanded.

"Oh fuck it! It's a dream, right? "You couldn't handle owning me, Ryder..."

description

Ryder and Syn have the makings of an epic book couple.

"It's sexy Syn," he whispered, refusing to move away f
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Destined, Amazing, Damn HOT and Freaking Cliffies Stars

You can't fight destiny - taunt it,yes, but to fight it will only consume you and, in the end, destiny always wins.

description

I am awed, spell-bound, amazed and in love...

description

I am turned on, frustrated and I am currently looking for new panties and sheets...

description

I am dying, I want to hurt someone bad, I am going maaaaaaaaaaaaad...

As you understand,
description
and it's all because this f*cking fantastic series!

Dark, gritty, raw, passionate, violent, heartbreaking, until t
Shannon
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I ENJOYED this book...could not put it down until I was finished (even then I did not want put in down)!!!
Book 3 CANNOT come soon enough ;)))
Jamie
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
11/17/15 re-read

Yep!! Even better the second time!! Ryder and Syn are definitely one of my all time favorite couples.. and the world that Amelia created with Faeries and other mythical peeps set in modern times but with an alternate Fae land is just crazy good. Sucks you in with the layers, surprises, and scorching chemistry.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVVVEEE THIS SERIES SO MUCH!!!

This second installment to The Fae Chronicles series was even better that the first book and that is saying a lot cons
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Well, Syn's found out some things about herself but mostly she's still in the dark...and she's trying to figure out what she can and cannot do. Of course, someone is still trying to kill her and oh yea, a girl's gotta feed! ;)

I'm still enjoying Syn and Ryder but at the same time, they are a bit infuriating. Ryder's always telling Syn that he's not a human and to quit thinking that way but...he has feelings for her that he just won't admit to, at least out loud and it's insufferable. His saving g
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 "Prince Fucking Charming" Stars

"I had always thought that I controlled my destiny. Now, my rights are being taken from me by powerful people and leaving me with alternatives that range between bad and awful."

So we start of book two after finding out a revelation about Synthia as well as Adam.

(view spoiler)

"I was homeless, jobless, and attracted to the one thing that would surely kill me in the end."

Synthia is still being stubborn and thinks once the contract is over she
Chandra
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Story Rating 4.5 Stars
Character Rating 4.5 Stars
Romance Rating 5 Stars
Heat Level 5 Stars
Overall Rating 5 Stars

description

I don't even know where to start with this book. I just LOVED it!
There was so much going on, but not in that it was all over the place. Just great story lines and action and sex and cray cray-ness. I loved it.

description

Amelia Hutchins did a great job of creating this magical wonderful amazing world in The Fae Chronicles. There are a million different intertwined story lines, but she managed to
Jilly
May 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, faeries-fae
I have a love/hate relationship with this series. Well, maybe a like/hate relationship.

What I like:
The story is interesting and I want to know what happens
The characters, especially Synthia and Ristan (I'd like them to get together)
There are a lot of twists and action - it doesn't get slow or boring
Every time that Synthia tries to sift, she ends up at Ryder's feet
Synthia gets a dog that she names Mr. Fancy Pants (I had a Pomeranian named Mr. Fluffy Buns)
Said dog turns out to be a shapeshifter

I
Snow
another 6 freakin stars from me!!!

Ryder - where the fuck were you?!

review will come!

alright, alright, alright...let me tell you smth - this was one hell of a read!

I am stunned,

I am in awe

and I am quite possibly mute and ruined for a similar read...

unable to make a single coherent sentence...

and that is all because of HIM - the fucking faeiry!!! the Horde King, The Beast LOL that looks like this!!!!

and Syn - dear Lord, she cracks me up, her witty responses, sassy and bold adittude, a warrior, a
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, pnr
Slightly higher than 4 stars (better than the first book)

I was nervous going into Taunting Destiny because I invested a lot of time and energy into the first book. I didn’t want the same writing flow and I will have to say, the writing flow / character’s change some what so I can say now I’m completely invested into this series.

Syn is really stubborn in the first book and fights Ryder on almost everything, it was really hard to like her, but I’m starting to warm up to her. I feel like she is a
Patrycja
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really, really wanted to write proper review, but I can't *cries*. My heart and head ache too much to do so now. I don't know how I will be able to wait for next book.
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Mind-blowing,Omg-how-do-I-live-after-this, I-am-an-emotional-mess Stars!!

What a bloody ending! Why oh whyyyy do you do this to us Amelia?
My emotions were bloody everywhere I cant believe it! No no no no this is not happening and then I was screaming for Ryder in my head..Where the fuck are you fairy!! Damn Damn I really need the next book like yesterday.

This book is just brilliant I thought the first book Fighting Destiny was awesome and thought no way can you beat that. I didn't know what to
Duchess Nicole
Liked it, didn't love it like the first. There was absolutely zero build up and sexual tension. Kind of hard to have sexual tension when every single scene leads to another sex scene. The dirty talk was cheesy...I never understand why an author writes sex dialogue in words that would never, ever actually be said by a guy. It's no less goofy to read on paper as it would be to hear it out loud. Example:

"Your pussy's drenched with sleek wetness that I created. Soaking fucking wet, for me." He moved
Shari Kay
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
Okay...where to start?

The writing in this book is so chaotic. Transitions are abrupt at times and the characters are: ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE. You can get whiplash trying to keep up with how they act/feel. Literally, they are contradicting themselves from one paragraph to the next.

Syn: I will never love him. I love him. As soon as this contract ends, I'm gone. I never want to leave. I must do what's right. No way am I doing that. I'm so kicking their ass. Let's hug it out while I cry.

Ryder: She i
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

Do not miss out on this series! I love all two books. Such an exciting world Amelia Hutchins has created. Love Syn and Ryder. But all of the characters are so awesome. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes alpha males, strong headed heroine, paranormal twist, and a little mystery with with a lots of Erotic parts.

The Fae world is full of both scary and beautiful beings. I felt like I got enough backstory and world building to help me assimilate into this new world with ease. And this
Alp
4.25/5

This second book was a little bit better than the first one. The story was intense, so much that I found myself intrigued by the series. The plot was very good and enjoyable but I had issues with the sex scenes. I felt like there were too many unnecessary details and I got tired of the repetition, so I just skimmed through some of them. I think I'm the type of person who prefers a good romantic buildup more than just a lot of steamy sex scenes. Sex in the story should have some sort of mea
Bindi Boo
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SO DARN GOOD!
Need more. Pronto.
Oh gosh,that ending..... i know it, right down in my bones......
Ginette
Aug 2014 did a reread..even better than the 1st time...lmao

Feb 2014 - Excellent follow up from bk 1! The ending leaves you again wanting more! I'm really enjoying this series! Love the author's writing, the creativity behind the world she created is amazing! Exceptional strong characters, excellent scenes, great plots! This is a fast pace intense read, I love it!
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
OMG...this just keeps getting better and better!!

I am addicted and haven't stopped reading for hours....I'm going to have a book hangover after this series!
AJ
Feb 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I’m really torn about this series. There are parts of it that I really like, and other parts that I don’t. But there’s something about it that keeps me intrigued and I can’t stop reading it! I liked this book better than the first, and will definitely be going on to the next one.

This book picks up right where Fighting Destiny finished, and we are back in the mad world of Synthia and her fae lover – big, badass Ryder.

“He. Is. Fae. That means he is a fucking predator that is used to taking what
Laurie
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, kindle
I’m going to let my inner geek run loose for a minute. For me, Taunting Destiny is the Empire Strikes Back of the Fae Chronicles. The dark and emotional overtones that just settle on top of you while watching that movie is the same feeling I had while reading this. There was a hopelessness to it, a feeling of going against impossible odds and not seeing any way out. That movie reminded us that sometimes the good guys don’t win, and that’s exactly how this book felt. Just like with The Empire Str ...more
Katherine
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Adding a Fairy and a Demon to my book boyfriend list(Ryder and Ristan)

description

Oh, sweet heavens, how could I possibly form a coherent review? This totally rocked my face off! The world and the characters that are in this book are astounding. They were well developed and the settings were very vividly imagined.

Syn..
description

I love Syn! She is still bad ass. She's not one of these characters that just lies down and follows her man like in most paranormal romance stories. And Ryder.... Oh Ryder... He is all male!!
Paganalexandria
This series is a must read for any fans of romance or erotica featuring the Fae. This installment is even better than Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1) by Amelia Hutchins. Ryder is just my kind of alpha male. Syn is a great mix feminine and bad ass alpha female. She isn't afraid to ignore Ryder's possessive demands, but doesn't constantly run into dumb situations to prove a point either. I'm so happy to find common sense in this kind read, it doesn't happen often. The only drawback is the cliff hanger ending.
taunting destiny ???? 6 140 Feb 11, 2014 01:24PM
  • Taste of Torment (Deep In Your Veins, #3)
  • The Dark Prince (Dark Light, #2)
  • King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)
  • Broken Dove (Fantasyland, #4)
  • Ties That Bind (The Bellum Sisters, #3)
  • The Triple Goddess (Afterlife Saga #3)
  • Blood Politics (Blood Destiny, #4)
  • Beast (A Faery Story, #2)
  • Braving the Elements (Darkness, #2)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Original Sin (Alexandra Jones, #2)
  • Breathing Fire (Heretic Daughters #1)
  • Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4)
Amelia lives in the great Pacific Northwest with her family. When not writing, she loves everything paranormal and everything romance.
The Fae Chronicles is Amelia's debut series, and there are at least five books planned for Synthia and Ryder.
Reading order:
Playing with Monsters
Unraveling Destiny

The Elite Guards
More about Amelia Hutchins

The Fae Chronicles (5 books)
  • Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1)
  • Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3)
  • Seducing Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #4)
  • Unraveling Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #5)
“Ryder, we got a problem,” Ristan called from beyond the other side of the etched-glass shower door.
“Someone had better be dying, Ristan,” Ryder growled when he'd pulled
away from kissing me.
“They might be. You need to come see this.”
“We will be right there,” Ryder called out as I slid down his hard body.
He watched me with a smirk and then placed his hand on my arm to move me from beneath the water, so he could rinse off. I watched him, unable to pull my eyes off of his hands as they roved over his body.He was quicksand,
and I was sinking.
“Did you say we?” Ristan asked.
I blushed from my head to my Paint Your Toron-Toes Rose colored toenails. I opened the shower door and stepped out meeting Ristan's eyes. “Don't ask.”
“How the…did you sift into his shower?” he asked, bubbling with laughter.
“I said don't ask! It wasn't my fault. I was sleeping!” I shouted as both men laughed even harder.
“Real mature, just real fucking mature!”
55 likes
“I told you that I would protect you. Even if you don't want me to," he whispered, moving closer and pulling me against him. "Some things are worth protecting” 40 likes