Start by marking “Buried (Detective Ellie MacIntosh #3)” as Want to Read:
Buried (Detective Ellie MacIntosh #3)

Buried

(Detective Ellie MacIntosh #3)

Kate Watterson continues Ellie MacIntosh's story in Buried.

Two cases vie for Detective Ellie MacIntosh's attention—a sudden rash of seemingly unrelated cop killings and the discovery of an old, hidden grave on her grandfather's property. The clues to the recent murders leave a confusing trail of corruption, drug running, and possible political intrigue. The hidden grave r
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published December 31st 2013 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Buried, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buried

Matthew Lloyd
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People interested in a crime novel and not too worried about quality.
A perfectly readable, if unexciting, crime novel. There are two cases - a long since cold case which preys on Detective Ellie MacIntosh's mind as a skeleton was discovered on her grandfather's property, and a rash of cop killings which might be interconnected. The former is probably the more interesting, the latter more perfunctory, but they offer some entertainment.

As a detective novel, it wasn't essentially to have read the first couple of volumes in the series to really get Buried - although
Diane
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Two different cases have you headed in two different directions :) Good read once again and once again love Kate Watterson's style. The chapters start out with the secondary case which takes place in northern Wisconsin in Ellie's old stomping grounds and involves her grandfather. We don't learn who is that particular "narrator" until close to the end.

The second and "primary" murder case involves a cop killer - good mystery, with some twists and finger pointing.

Yes a touch of romance and of cours
Jane  Pettitt
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great tead
Melanie Chabrol-
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this author. Gave it a 10/ 5th, since page 2 I was hooked. 2 cases for Detective Ellie MacIntosh. First there is a cop serial killer. The way the characters , scenarios were introduced I was glued to this book at night and Kevin O'Brien's make them cry during the day. The second case Ellie StumbleUpon courtesy of her Grandfather's property was an old grave. With a time frame of 20-60yrs it is a lose lose situation. Will Ellie ever find out the truth. Attempting 2 cases ...more
Ken Schloman
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it
A good mystery/ thriller set in Wisconsin. Actually the novel has two separate story line ( crimes) going throughout the book. I like mysteries not set in New York or LA. You get a real flavor of other parts f the country. Why only three stars? This is the third book in the Ellie MacIntosh series and I have not had the chance to read the previous books in the series. Kind of came in late to the development of the character. Perhaps if I can pick up the earlier books in the series I'll revisit th ...more
Liset Merritt
Feb 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I had to force myself to finish this one. There were multiple points of view and two different plot lines. I didn't feel that any of the main characters were developed enough for me to actually become invested in them. The main plot didn't have much oomph. Just not enough story to it. The secondary plot was much more interesting and what ultimately made me finish the book. It's too bad the author didn't put more effort into either plot as either of them might have been better on their own.
Lynnette Kirk
Jan 18, 2014 rated it liked it
The story line was good but had some publishing or editing errors that occasionally made the flow of the story confusing. It would appear that you were continuing with one line of thought then the next sentence was a completely different point of view and character voice. Overall a quick read but needed better editing.
Marianne Stehr
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Better than book 2, this third installment in the life of Ellie MacIntosh keeps your reading and has more personal conflict in it which gives the characters depth. Seems that there will be a book 4 which I am ready to read. There is so much more that can happen in this series, I look forward to it.
Karen Bullock
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Loved the first two books with Ellie MacIntosh but this one didn't sit right from the beginning. I look forward to trying to figure out the killer from the introductory in each chapter but this one left me completely confused. I can say that this one was not a favorite.
Lysa
May 17, 2014 rated it liked it

I truly liked this book I should have paid more attn to all the characters involved though.
Summer weather made it incredibly hard to keep focused on my reading challenge. All in all not a bad book at all.I really, really liked Grasso.
Angie
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The third book in an amazing trilogy.Watterson is an excellent writer who draws the reader in and keeps them hooked until the last page. Really hoping she writes more books featuring these characters!
Jessica
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
I was extremely disappointed in this one. I LOVED her first two books in this series but this one was dull. I pretty much had to force myself to finish it. I really hope the next one is better!
Teresa Tencza
great book about 2 cases.
Annie Grigg
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
I liked the beginning but found it got somewhat slow. Not a fan of the way it ending and was expecting more of a motive than what it needed up being.
Lori
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Unfortunately I read this out of sequence. All and all its a good read but I should have read Frozen first. I continually got confused about which character I was reading.
emyrose8
Aug 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Two mysteries for the price of one. Good book, not anything spectacular.

Notes: Rated R for language and bedroom scenes
Anne Thorpe
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pretty good for a first novel.
Simone
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
A really good read. I was hooked right from the start. Will definitely have to check out more from this author. I liked how the two stories mixed together.
Gevera Bert
Jan 31, 2014 rated it liked it
The two plots had nothing to do with each other, except that the same person was investigating both, and only one case had anyone buried. Seemed like a stretch to cram them both into one book.
Gwynn
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this author. Can't wait to read more of her books.
Barbara
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonder character creation. Just enough geography to let you identify where you are without sounding like a travel log.
Mycoton32
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing

17/20 - Un plaisir de retrouver Ellie et sa clique dans une nouvelle enquête !!
Omjan 7059436653
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Real page turner.
Sandy
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. Little sad there's only one more book to read.
Diane
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Decent writing ruined by poor plotting.
Susan
Jul 30, 2015
Steve Rush
Jan 19, 2015
Ivy
rated it did not like it
Oct 22, 2017
Kara
Jun 11, 2016
Rebecca Miller
Jan 09, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Dying Room (Faces of Evil, #11)
  • Tough Cookie (Maggie Sullivan Mystery #2)
  • Too Far Gone (Lucy Kincaid, #14)
  • Frozen
  • The Deepest Cut (Nan Vining Mysteries, #3)
  • Precisely Terminated (Cantral Chronicles, #1)
  • Secrets, Lies and   Alibis
  • Felony Murder
  • Done Gone Wrong
  • Voices of Freedom: A Documentary History, Volume 1
  • Riptide
  • Silent Snow
  • Whispers
  • The Poisoned Serpent (Medieval Mystery, #2)
  • Echoes
  • Rebecca's Bouquet (Hope Chest of Dreams #1)
Writing as both Emma Wildes and Katherine Smith, Kate Watterson has over thirty published books to her credit, plus five Eppie nominations, one Eppie win for best historical erotic in 2007, a RWA Lories win, WisRWA 2005 final for best historical romance, and is a CAPA nominee. She loves suspense and to write erotic stories in the genre is a special treat.

Detective Ellie MacIntosh (7 books)
  • Frozen (Detective Ellie MacIntosh #1)
  • Charred (Detective Ellie MacIntosh #2)
  • Fractured (Detective Ellie MacIntosh #4)
  • Vanished (Detective Ellie MacIntosh #4.5)
  • Severed
  • Crushed (Detective Ellie MacIntosh #5)