Start by marking “SEER (Chronicles of Marithe #2)” as Want to Read:
SEER (Chronicles of Marithe #2)

SEER

(Chronicles of Marithe #2)

On sale now at Amazon!! http://tinyurl.com/Seeratamazon

I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS...

The world of Marithe is back! The story of a young gamer named Xavier is woven into a plot of denial, betrayal and intrigue. He lives a double life running from those who would use him and searching for unconditional love. Demons, dragons and gypsies fill the game panorama, entangling Xavier in a
Published by Patrick O'Scheen (first published August 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about SEER, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SEER

Kandy Scaramuzzo
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story has everything!
O'Scheen has done it again. This book is a labyrinth of gypsies, dragons, heroes, and lesser dragons. It is once again a duo story going on at the same time. I have finally gotten used to this format and can follow it. The author makes it easy to follow.
The real life story is filled with intrigue and some pretty disgusting villains chasing the main character. I feel quite sorry for the main character Xavier. The ending of the book dealing with him has quite a twist.
Patrick
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It will soon be time for my readers to explore more of my words and lose themselves in the lives of dragons!I will be formatting this month and revealing the cover on facebook... I consider this read a bonus for all fans, both those who have read book 1 and those that have not. It will release Aug 31st 2013!!!
Anastacia Moore
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Patrick is a dragon genius! His characters in SEER are well thought out, superbly described, and amazingly real! You will find yourself so engrossed by the characters and the plot, that before you realize it, you are at the end, and going . . . DANG, what an excellent work of fantasy.

The travels and adventures continue (or should I say . . . begin) in Marithe, and lead you on an exciting journey where Patrick once again infuses the dual realities of the real world and the fantasy world. The tran
Liz Estes
Aug 09, 2013 added it
Shelves: must-read
Go check out the new cover of Patrick's Seer....totally breathtaking!! http://patrickoscheen.wordpress.com/2...
Linda
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-fantasy
Not what I was expecting. It is still told as a story of a world within a game. Similar to the first book, life is not easy for the gamer. In this book, we focus on Xavier. In the game, he is a knight with a very good heart, in love with someone he can never have. In the real world, he is someone who wants to be loved for who he is and not what he looks like. He uses Marithe as an escape from his demons.

This book actual goes back in time to before book 1 and tells the story of Kareth and Kardif,
Hayley Guertin
Seer is a wonderfully written sequel/prequel to Dreamer. Patrick O'Scheen did another wonderful job at writing a 2 in 1 story that intertwined perfectly together. You don't have to read Dreamer to read Seer, but it's fun to see how some of the characters from the first book came into play.

Patrick really knows how to intertwine stories together. The way he made to stories in a way the same one, he was also able to make it into their own individual stories with the side stories that go along with
Kelly Erickson
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Seer is the second installment in the Chronicles of Marithe series that takes place in the contemporary world and at the same time in the fantasy, role-playing world of Marithe. The two worlds become blurred as things that happen in one world affect what characters do in the other. It may seem a bit confusing at first, since both stories are told at the same time. But keep reading. It becomes clear very quickly. An amazing book, well told, with suspense, a bit of humor and of course magic and dr ...more
Marsha
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Seer by Patrick O'Scheen is the second book in the Chronicles of Marithe series. It is actually a flashback of sorts giving us deeper background into the lead characters. The premise is present day people playing video games, and the stories that surround the characters in those games. Plus, it gives us some really in depth reaches into both sets of characters. I absolutely love everything about this book, and series, and cannot wait for Dancer. Patrick O'Scheen is a master story teller and this ...more
Liz Fallon
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I finished this today...and as I told a friend..omg...just omg!!! Seriously, dragons and gypsies and a whole new spin on Marithe that although you know, you don't realize you know until he tells you...it's more of Patrick O'Scheen's passionate brilliance. Nothing is ever as simple as it seems but nothing is ever more than what it is....the simple truth is that if you read "Dreamer" you have been given a taste of the world that you are about to discover within the pages of "Seer"....I highly reco ...more
Toni Michelle-Editor
I received a copy of Seer in exchange for an honest review. This is the first time I have read anything by this author.
I was eager to dive in after reading the synopsis and other reviews. I was not disappointed in any way. The book held my attention all the way through. There are a few “slow” spots but they do not last longer than a page or two; not enough to make you lose interest in the book. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Neil Orr
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Patrick O'Scheen has done it again. First with Dreamer and now with Seer. Another brilliant telling of someone escaping their horrific reality using Massive Multiplayer Online gaming. I can relate to his stories, as someone that does the same thing. He grabs his readers from the start and just won't let go. He brings something new with his mix of present day drama and the Fantasy world of Marithe. This is a must read. I can't wait for the next installment.
Kay
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this story line hard to follow. It was hard to tell where Xavier was and what he was doing in the story. He kept jumping back and forth to real time and the story. I stopped reading this half way thru because it was to boring. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Wanda Phillips-Smith
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read Seer before I even knew about Dreamer so after reading SEER, I can recommend it for some great fantasy reading! At times I wanted to place myself into the book, like watching a movie. From front to back, one great read! Now, off to buy DREAMER so I can enjoy some reading!
Nix Wynter
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
No way I couldn't read this after the first book...emotions you can relate too...great imagination...takes you into the world with him...can't wait for the next book!
Steve Kemper
Elena Mcfadden
Christine Taylor
Dec 13, 2013
Patrick
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Robin
Nathan
rated it did not like it
Jan 25, 2015
Oct 14, 2013
Karen
Donna
Oct 19, 2013
Who is Patrick O’Scheen? I ask myself this often. A sailor, a chef, a writer…even I’m uncertain. I know that writing is more than an enterprise for me. It’s a calling. Books and stories touch lives like nothing else. So who is Patrick O’Scheen…read and find out.

Chronicles of Marithe (2 books)
  • Dreamer (Chronicles of Marithe, #1)