Start by marking “Hope Springs Eternal (Prairie River, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hope Springs Eternal (Prairie River, #4)

Hope Springs Eternal (Prairie River #4)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Albert, Nessa's friend from the orphanage, has journeyed to Prairie River. Nessa is thrilled to see him, but after waiting months, she realizes his arrival will not make her life any less complicated.

Nessa's winter was frought with trials, but now spring has come to Prairie River - and so has her dear friend Albert. Albert is Nessa's oldest friend from the orphanage, and s
Published July 1st 2005 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Hope Springs Eternal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope Springs Eternal

Leah Good
I finally got to read book four in the Prairie River series! Whoopee. :)

These books were first recommended to me in 2007 or 2008. At that time I loved the series because it was historical fiction and about an orphan. It always bothered me that the library didn't own the final book in the series.

This Christmas, I finally got book four. Reading the story seven years after first coming to love the series, I found myself still enjoying the story. These books are deep for short, middle-grade stories.
Heidi
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is probably on a fifth grade level. It's about a fifteen-year-old orphan girl on the prairie. She teaches school for the local children and has been taken in (but not adopted) by a good family. It felt to me like it was the second book in a series. There were several details that were mentioned that felt like the author was recapping in case there people like me who hadn't read the first book. The ending also felt like it was just a stopping point in a larger story.

The major characters
Janie  R.
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As I come to the end of this series, I wish it would continue, I really enjoyed this series. An inspirational story of a young orphaned girl, who after the age of 14, as with the rules at the orphanage,would be dismissed- she set out into the world, a journey,with very little to call her own. The historic setting was very descriptive, the characters seemed so real, I cried, and laughed with Vanessa through out the book. Faith, honesty, hard work ethic, and bravery were themes in this story. I a ...more
Terralyn
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Huge sigh!! How can this be the last book in the series?!?! I have so many questions and curiosity about what happens to the characters. This was a great series. Easy to read but still engaging. My only regret is that this is the last book.
Allana Solo
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Ok, so I liked this book but I really think Ness should have stayed in Prairie River. I hurt when she left and by the time Albert came back, I was done shipping them, her and Rolly are very nice to geather and it broke my heart when she left!!!
Gracie
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. The ending was okay. I feel like there should be another book to the series!
Christi Gallagher
Oct 28, 2016
Madeline
Jun 16, 2013
Daniela
rated it did not like it
Apr 06, 2017
Jul 24, 2015
Katie
Jan 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Heart of Arcrea (The Arcrean Conquest, #1)
  • Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #4)
  • Whispers in the Wind (The Orphan Trains Trilogy, #3)
  • Millie's Remarkable Journey (A Life of Faith: Millie Keith #3)
  • Raider's Promise (Viking Quest, #5)
  • Lord Kirkle's Money (Beyond the Western Sea, #2)
Kristiana Gregory grew up in Manhattan Beach, California, two blocks from the ocean. She's always loved to make up stories [ask her family!], telling her younger siblings whoppers that would leave them wide-eyed and shivering. Her first rejection letter at age ten was for a poem she wrote in class when she was supposed to be doing a math assignment. She's had a myriad of odd jobs: telephone operat ...more
More about Kristiana Gregory

Prairie River (4 books)
  • A Journey of Faith (Prairie River, #1)
  • A Grateful Harvest (Prairie River, #2)
  • Winter Tidings (Prairie River, #3)