Start by marking “Carry My Heart (Is This Love?, #1)” as Want to Read:
Carry My Heart (Is This Love?, #1)

Carry My Heart

(Is This Love? #1)

Jacob Phillips was my first best friend.
I was his first love.
We shared our first kiss together.
He broke my heart.

Sage Weston and Jacob Phillips met as children at Little Kitty Orphanage. They had the type of friendship that could weather any storm and they vowed that they would always be there for each other. And then Jacob was adopted, and everything changed. At first th
Published October 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Carry My Heart, please sign up.
Lynn I just seen on amazon march 27, 2018. free with kindle unlimited

Linda Sims
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sage Weston and Jacob Phillips both lived at the Little Kitty Orphanage. They bonded and vowed to always be there for one another, till Jacob was adopted and dropped Sage like a stone.

Now coincidentally they’re both at the same college. Jacob wants to reconnect with Sage but she doesn’t want to, she wants to know why he never replied to any of her letters.

I thought this might be a good read as I love a bit of angst in my romances, unfortunately this tale was little short of ridiculous IMO. When
Sofia Lazaridou
Back in summer, I had the chance to beta read some of the first chapters of this book and I got invested in these characters and their happy ending. Unfortunately, I did not like the story. The book had every cliche one can find. Even Jacob admits that. When I read that he slept with other women but none of the measured up to her, I knew I wouldn't be happy with the book. He was in love with her and yet he chose to sleep with plenty of other women while the heroine remained a virgin. This trope ...more
Maria11
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
REALLY!?!?!?

I stayed up and read to have it just end like that? YUK I can’t believe the crappy reason for all the drama! I feel like the author thinks the reader is the dumbest person on the planet and she is laughing her butt off at how she dragged this book out and then came out with the flimsiest reason I have ever heard! All this drama, tears, more drama, and back and forth over something that if he had known her wouldn’t have mattered! Arghhhh I am so mad over this!!! Sage was so stupid and
Leticia Fernandez
Oct 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
In my opinion, this book was a fu... shit.
I wasted my time, so dramatic for nothing.
i hated it.
Lynn
Nov 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was skeptical at first when I started reading, I wasn’t sure if Sage was a boy or girl. As the story progressed a little a realized Sage was a girl.

After reading the Hookup by this same author, I was petrified to one click a novel again. I hesitated to download this one, but there was some good five star reviews, so I decided to give it a try.
I am going to stop reading books from this author, they are seriously flopping for me. For the blurb to be as good as is it, I expected so much more.
T
BP34
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an emotional and moving story. Sage and Jacob met as children at an orphanage and were best friends until he was adopted. Their early lives were so different in that he was a 'love child' whose parents were killed in an accident. He survived because he was cushioned between them. She lived in an 'unwanted situation' with her mother and stepfather until she was dropped at the orphanage. They meet again years later at college and the drama continues. Lots of suspense and twists. No spoiler he ...more
Karin
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is prime example of why J.S. Cooper is one of my favorite authors, there’s virtually nothing by her i won’t read. This book had me reeled in hook, line & sinker beginning to end. I just couldn’t put it down.

Sage and Jacob both have not had it easy but for different reasons and when they meet again everything comes crushing back. Including the heartbreak and pain. My heart ached for Sage and I couldn’t help but love her!!!! Hands down I would recommend this book to anyone!!

I volunta
Holly *Confessions of a Lit Chick*
Strider28
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars.

I generally like Ms. Cooper's books and while I enjoyed Carry My Heart it wasn't my favorite of her books.
Sage and Jacob meet in an orphanage that they were both placed in at around the age of 10.
Sage is introverted and keeps to herself. She has no friends. Jacob is just the opposite. Sage sees him as a breath of fresh air in the orphanage although she can't understand why he's so happy.
Jump ahead a few years and Jacob decides he wants to be friends with Sage. Sage doesn't underst
Cilicia White
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is heartwarming story about two kids Jacob and Sage who met in an orphanage and grow close but when one is adopted they promise to stay in touch and in two years be together forever. Life gets in the way and they lose each other, but years later they meet up again in college. Things have changed and Sage has never forgiven Jacob for breaking his promise and doesn’t want to let him in again. When a bet lost Sage had no choice but to be with Jacob. Will Jacob be able to get Sage to forgive hi ...more
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
From author J.S. Cooper, comes an emotional, bittersweet and heartfelt romance story of first love, suspense, angst, heartbreak, drama, twists, a secrets, forgiveness, second chances, and forever love. Carry My Heart is well-written and thought provoking with wonderful characters with real flaws, real strengths, and real passion.
Irma
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
“You've always brought me up. You've always made me feel like the most special person in the world. And I want to thank you for that. When I've been low, you've always made me feel better. Always.”

Carry My Heart is a beautiful, moving story with interesting main characters.
I highly recommend it.

description
Renee
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the publisher/author to review.

Sage Weston and Jacob Phillips met as children at Little Kitty Orphanage. They had the type of friendship that would weather any storm and they vowed that they would always be there for each other. And then Jacob was adopted, and everything changed. At first the letters were fast and furious but then they stopped and Sage was left all alone. Four years later, Sage and Jacob bump into each at a university party. Sparks fly, dagger
Gabriella
Nov 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I could give it -5 Stars I would.

I promised myself that I wouldn't write negative reviews out of respect for the author because I know it's not easy to write and put your work out for everyone to read, but honestly this is one of the times when I just can't. I really tried... but I have to say something: this was one of the worst books I've ever read. Why did I read it until the end? I honestly don't have an answer other than its really short and I needed to know the "big secret", where all t
Lourdes
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
for Carry My Heart:

I just loved the story from Sage and Jacob! Both meet at the orphanage, and grow up loving each other until Jacob gets adopted. But then comes a twist you'll find out later, but Jacob and Sage reunite again. Though Sage wonders why Jacob never wrote to her, while she wrote and wrote to him and never got a letter back. (He has a lot of explaining to do) Will Sage let him tell her the truth? Did he fall out of love because of another Woman?

Well Carry My Heart took my heart to a
Annie's reading corner
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs
It was a sweet story with a great beginning. I was hooked but as the story progressed, for me, it kind of lost that greatness. It was enjoyable but I expected more.
Louise
Apr 28, 2015 marked it as to-read
Does anyone know when this is out?
NICHOLLE ANDERSON
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beginning of this book sweeps you right off your feet. "Ten Seconds, that was how long it took for him (Jacob) to come back into my life. As the book summary eludes, Jacob and Sage became the best of friends while they both resided at an orphanage. Like many best friendships, their relationship blossomed into something more and a promise to never be apart. However, when Jacob gets adopted and Sage doesn't their friendship is torn apart.

Sage spends years trying to reach Jacob through letters,
Keri Loves Books
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
It all started with a few letters. She fell in love with him at thirteen. Love that was meant-to-be does not fade with time or distance.

Sage loved Jacob since they were kids. She was closed off and kept to herself at the orphanage. When your own parents don't want you, it's hard to trust and form relationships. But Jacob insisted that they were meant to be friends and he was willing to make the effort.

Jacob came from a loving family. He ended up in the orphanage when his parents were killed in a
Stacie Christensen
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jacob Phillips was my best friend.
He was my first love.We shared our first kiss together.He broke my heart."

At first, the letters were fast and furious but then they stopped, and Sage was left all alone.Four years later, Sage and Jacob bump into eac
Heather Miller
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carry My Heart is a sweet second chance romance by J.S. Cooper. Sage and Jacob met as children at an orphanage - Jacob was there because his parents died, but Sage had been abandoned by her mother at a young age making it hard for her to trust people. Jacob broke down her walls claiming that they were going to be best friends and everything was great until Jacob was adopted...

Fast forward 5 years and they meet again but this time Sage isn't falling for for Jacob's attempt to get back together. J
Jennifer Shiels
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Carry My Heart sounded like a really great story but sadly fell short. Sage Weston and Jacob Phillips were both orphans at Little Kitty Orphanage. They were both orphans but from very different backgrounds. Sage was left at the orphanage when she was 7 years old by her mother because the new husband didn't want any children. Jacob came to the orphanage because his parents were killed in a car crash but he never questioned their love.

Sage and Jacob were completely different children as well. Sag
Sharon
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Starting over and learning to trust again is challenging. Growing up alone is never easy. One day things were looking up when Jacob was placed in an orphanage and met Sage. She had been there for a while and believed that everyone she loved would leave her. In order to get Sage to like him, Jacob begins to exchange letters with her to earn her trust. Then the unforgettable day arrived when Jacob was taken away to live with a foster family and Sage was once again alone. Fast forward a fe
Julie
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I seem to have waited forever for this book to be released and wow was it worth the wait, what with the spot on flawless writing and the romantic passion that just draws you in, and before you know where you are you have turned the last page. Jacob Phillips and Sage Weston were in the Little Kitty Orphanage together while growing up and that's where their attraction and love for each other grew until the day Jacob was adopted, your heart breaks for Sage as she feels she is one of the unwanted on ...more
Denise
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bittersweet story about Sage and Jacob, two kids that found each other at the orphanage, grew to trust and love one another. Jacob gets adopted by a family, vows to come back for her but never does.

Life has been hard for Sage but the moment she met Jacob, things changed. he took the time to break down her walls and when he did, he held her heart. With him gone to his "new family", she thought she would never be alone again.

fast forward a few years later, they are at the same college. He sees thi
Sandy Knox
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REALLY SWEET

I love this book it is so sweet and touching. Sage is 7 years old when her mother is about to get married to a man who absolutely never wants kids so her mother does the unthinkable and leaves Sage at an orphanage. You can almost feel her emotions coming off the pages. Then she meets Jacob he's also 7years old and his parents were killed in a car accident and he has no other living relatives so he was also taken to the Little Kitty orphanage. Sage is this very introverted little girl
Tianna Croy
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It all started in an orphanage, Sage and Jacob bonded over letters. You know the old fashioned pen to paper letters. That was the way to her heart and Jacob was determined to get in there and carry her heart forever. As they grow close the best and worst thing happens, Jacob gets adopted. He left Sage behind but promised he'd never forget her. Fast forward to present time, they find each other at the same college. While She wants nothing to do with him, Jacob once again is determined to capture ...more
Joyce Black
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This reader found this story to be exceedingly poignant throughout the entire story. The emotions of the young are so earnest and to be able to share such first time pureness is awe inspiring. Life happens for all of us and not necessarily as we thought it would all play out. Such is what occurred for the main male and female characters. From being in an orphanage to finding friendships, the main female character grew and matured immensely. The characterizations were all detailed, showed growth ...more
This book?? 5 67 Aug 16, 2014 06:40PM
  • Keeping Alex (An Unexpected Fate, #1)
  • Come Back to Me (Breathe into Me, #2)
  • Picking Up the Pieces
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Summer Fling
  • Ruby Lips
  • The Sixteenth Need (Partlow, #1)
  • My Life for Yours (Crawford, #3)
  • Third Chance Together (Chance, #2)
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Beautiful Temptation (Beautiful, #2)
  • Bad Company (Summer Love, #2)
  • Lucky Me
  • Do Not Go Gentle
  • Once Again
  • Elite Invitation
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)

Is This Love? (2 books)
  • Remember Me at Midnight (Is This Love?, #2)