Start by marking “Destined to Kill (Destined Novels, #1)” as Want to Read:
Destined to Kill (Destined Novels, #1)

Destined to Kill

(Destined Novels #1)

Immortality. Humans would sell their soul for it. Immortals would steal souls to keep it. Infinite life is too seductive and powerful to resist. But, immortality is more like a bad drug habit than a gift. Immortals can't give it up because after living for so long, they don't know how to face death. You see, living forever isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sure, you have yo ...more
Published May 22nd 2013 by Jourdyn Kelly (first published May 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Destined to Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destined to Kill

Darlene
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ya
Shelves: beta-read
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest opinion. Which I am more than happy to give. This book " Destined to Kill" is an OMG YOU HAVE TO READ BOOK!!!! Jourdyn Kelly has done suçh an amazing job writing this story .
That you tend to forget that he main character is well over 600 years old. This book has it all vampires, hunters, good vs evil, love, jealousy , and most of it is set during our century.
You have a young huntress by the name of Anala that was being ra
Ashley Finnegan
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-titles
Anala has been training her entire life. For as far back as she can remember she has known what her destiny was to be, a hunter of the cursed ones. That is until the day came that changed everything. Now her mother and father, the leaders of the hunters society, must keep their only daughter hidden away while her father struggles to find a cure to save Anala from being the very thing they have taught her to kill but then something even more terrible happens before they can find a cure and Anala’ ...more
Jojobean
This book was awesome. It was very entertaining and action packed.

In this book Anala is a hunter and part of the hunters society whose job is to kill the Cursed Ones (vampires). The book starts in England in the 1406 with Anala being 10 years old and being trained by her father. Anala's parent are the head of the hunters society and are the best hunters. A few years later Anala is 18 years old and patrolling the village with Thomas, her friend and love interest at the time. While she is out pat
Andrea
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways, vampires
I won this book through the Goodreads First Reads program.

My first reaction to this book was that it reminded me of Buffy. Not in the sense that the idea was taken from there, in fact it is quite different, but it just gave me the same kind of feeling I used to get from the TV series, and I considered this a good thing! It felt familiar to me, even when it wasn't.

I really enjoyed reading this book. The writing was easy and flowing, I liked the characters, and the storyline was quite intriguing.
Tracy
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the first page this book had me wanting more and i couldnt wait to get stuck in :-)

Year 1406 England - First off Anala is a hunter trained by her mom and papa (Eleanor and Henry) and a tough one at that, her friend Thomas too, i instantly noticed the chemistry between the two. I dont want to ruin the story so i will leave it at that other than the worst thing that could happen did!!

Presant Day California - update of name to Ana.
So Ana fits in well and her ways of life have changed to match
Jessica Johnson
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great plot, it grabbed me from the very beginning!! Anala grows up in a society who hunt "cursed", or vampires, and after an unexpected accident she is left changed forever. After 600 years without vampires, except for Anala, a new group begins to form out of nowhere leaving Anala no other option than to bring together a group of hunters to train. I loved the main character, Anala, a vampire struggling with her humanity who hunts other vampires. She has such a strong personality and doesn ...more
Shelly
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*a copy of the book was provided to me by the author for review
Although this is a vampire book (and not a genre I usually read), I found this book to be interesting. The characters were well described and interesting. I also liked the strong heroine, Anala. She was described in detail and I actually did not hate her (which is hard for me, I tend to hate most major characters). I also enjoyed the author's interpretation of vampires. Unlike Twilight and other cliche book, the vampires in these sto
Jazmen
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
Check the review out on my blog: www.thisgirlreadsalot.blogspot.com

I didn't know what to expect when I started reading this book. I always feel a sense of dread when reading books with vampirism as it's main theme because they all seem to be the same. But, this one definitely has it's own standing. The way the author weaved the idea of vampire hunter, and vampire together into one character was what really got me. It was unexpected and perfectly executed.

The transition from hunter to normal tee
Satarupa
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side!

Firstly I would like to thank Jourdyn Kelly, the author of Destined to kill, for this fantastic opportunity that she presented me with by allowing me to review her work now moving on to the review part.

It is really a great story. It has all the spices that you can ask for, vampires, vampire hunters, love, action, suspense and everything else that transforms a story from good to awesome!

The main character
Kristin Scearce
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.

Anala is a Hunter, the child of the Leaders of their society, and she's one of the best. Too bad her parents never let her go out and actually hunt any Cursed Ones. One night, she and her friend Thomas are out, and his sister scares them. When Thomas leaves Anala behind to take his sister home, she lets her guard down for one minute; however, that's all it takes. She's bitten, and her life will change forever.

This story pulled me
Wanda Shull
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is definitely not enough room to say how much I thought this book rocked! I am not a big vampire fan- usually feel like it's the same story with minor changes in detail. This was definitely not the case with Destined to Kill. The main character is instantly likable, perhaps partly because she isn't some perfect ideal that is not believable. Anala has flaws, regrets, and imperfections that make her seem easy to relate to. There's action, romance, adventure, and a historical flair all in one ...more
Jan
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this in the Goodreads first read givaways. Unfortunately it never arrived. So I'm going to cross it off my list.

Update: Thanks to Jourdyn Kelly for sending me another copy! This is back on my list...

I really enjoyed this book. The storyline and the characters hooked me from the moment I started reading. It was a very quick read - partly because I couldn't put it down. I read it in a single day!
I look forward to reading the next book - as there will obviously be a sequel at some point.
FS Meurinne
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, reviews
"Received and ARC for an honest review"

I just love it, this story is quite interesting I liked the way the author handles all the plot, the description and how the characters are built. It gives you an amazing insight into her vivid imagination and the world that she creates.

i'm sure you won't be disappointed, just give it a chance and it will blow your mind.
Lee Wansing shepherd
A must read! Absolutely loved it! I can't wait for the next one! Jourdyn Kelly did an amazing job developing the characters and sucking the readers into their world. I can't wait to find out what happens to Anala and her hunters!
InD'tale Magazine
The potential for humor in a situation where a centuries old girl trains her teenage friends for combat is certainly fulfilled here!

Read full review in the 2014 February issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Melissa ownsbey
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
frist i would likje to say thanks for giving a chance to read the book i liked the cover her eyes like cool ans scary
i enjoyed the book
i loved it
i would like to see it was a movie
i loved the fighting
in it
thanks for the great book
Emilio Casarez
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun summer read! Some interesting twists on the vampire lore, but definitely feels like Glee meets Buffy The Vampire Slayer (I mean that in a good way). Waiting for that sequel, Ms .Kelly...
Daisy Lee
Feb 26, 2016
Helen
Dec 21, 2014
Jourdyn
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jourdyn
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
FATIMA
Nov 26, 2018
Carol Ann
Jun 10, 2013
Ioan Camillus
Jun 08, 2014
Advanced Copies f...: Looking for reviewers! 18 61 Jul 03, 2013 06:50PM
  • Legacy (The Daughters Of Darkness #1)
  • Sun Poisoned (Sunshine #2)
  • The Underlighters
  • Sign of the Raven
  • Dragon Seer
  • Immoral: Tales of a Vampire Hunter (#1)
  • Immortal Lies
  • Dead Size
  • Saving Rain (Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • Nightfall Gardens (Nightfall Gardens, #1)
  • Death of the Mad Hatter
  • Bound By Blood
  • Primed
  • Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters
  • Anais of Brightshire (Blood Mage Chronicles, #1)
  • Fanged (Fanged, #1)
  • The Reborn: The Book of Dain (The Reborn #1)
  • Rowan
I’ve been in Houston, Texas, writing novels and designing websites since 2009. Moving here was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, because I’ve been able to live wonderfully, and write my heart out. I’ve always enjoyed the arts in one form or another. Music sets the mood, reading stimulates my brain, and writing allows me to utilize my imagination in any way I want. I’ve been writing stories ...more

Destined Novels (3 books)
  • Destined to Love (Destined Novels, #2)
  • Destined to Meet (Destined Novels, #3)