Start by marking “United (Exalted, #3)” as Want to Read:
United (Exalted, #3)

United

(Exalted #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  438 ratings  ·  29 reviews
In this last chapter of the Exalted Trilogy, Mena and her friends discover the meaning of freedom and the costs to keep it.

With Mena’s parents and friends missing, she and Ryker set out on a journey to find them and to warn the people of Toledo Lake about the imminent threat of retaliation from the First Republic. Things don’t go as planned, and Mena struggles to stay stro
Published December 31st 2014 (first published January 1st 2014)

really liked it 4.00  ·

Kysha
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: digital-book
I was given this copy of United by the author in exchange for a review.

This is the last time we will see Mena and Ryker and get to experience all the awesome and awful things they do. I was so looking forward to United when I finished Denounced, but by the time it was ready I had forgotten why. After rereading the last 2 chapters of Denounced I was ready to go again.

At first the changing of voice from character to character was confusing since I had forgotten who many people were. After I reorie
Cindee
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
The third installment of Tara Elizabeth's Exalted series, United, makes the series feel complete. Writing this third installment in different voices really gives a different feel to the characters. Characters I thought I loved I found I didn't care for after all, and characters I hated I fell in love with. I loved that the book wasn't only the completion of Mena's story but you got a feel of what was going on in the other characters head and how their story ended.
The writing blended very well, w
Eugenia (Genie In A Book)
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I recieved a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

I shake off that nonsense train of thought and take a deep breath. I need to make a plan. I want to be the woman I know I can be, and I want to be strong both physically and mentally.

I have enjoyed the Exalted series from the very beginning, and United provided a satisfactory ending. This picks up right where Denounced ended and goes on to explore life outside the First Republic where Mena and her peers had spent mo
Stephanie
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm a big dystopian fan and after already reading Zoo by this author, I was excited to start this series. It didn't disappoint. The storyline kept my attention from chapter one. The characters intrigued me to where I needed to learn more about them. A bonus?! STRONG heroine! Not just physical (although she is a bada** knife thrower) but mentally. She didn't let anyone decide her fate for her and did what she had to do for herself & the people she loved. Reading heroines like this is so refre ...more
Myndi
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
United was everything I've come to expect and love about a Tara Elizabeth novel. I would love to go back and re-read the entire trilogy back to back however, as I was a bit rusty and had to go back to book 2 and remind myself what was going on. It's the last book in a dystopian trilogy so of course the epic battle must take place. I was so saddened by the losses, but impressed with the strength of most of the main characters. I would love to see perhaps a spin off that delves into Ethan's life p ...more
Donna
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's the third and final of the Exalted trilogy. The entire book is filled with action as the characters head to Lake Toledo to warn them that their way of life is in danger. Tara Elizabeth has woven a fabulous story filled with frantic and dangerous travel, action, and romance. The ending actually made me tear up and I couldn't believe the story was over. I wish there was more. The end was absolutely fabulous, by the way!!! I'm looking forward to more books from this wonderfu ...more
Donna
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ending!

I could not have been more satisfied with this final installment of the Exalted series. Sometimes the first book in a series is good and the second and third don't keep the excitement and pace and character involvement but each book in this one was so well written, well edited, exciting and involving.

Personally I like the short Patterson paragraphs (James Patterson gives short paragraphs that make you feel like you are progressing quickly. Through the book. And so you do.)

I intend
Denise
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
The ending was good. What I liked most about this book is that we get to see a more emotional heroine. In the previous books she was a bit closed off. She feels more humane this time around. All the different pov's was a nice change of pace.
Sherri Miller
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful series

I completely enjoyed the exalted trilogy the stories were very thought-provoking and shows what can happen when a society has too much control. Always enjoy watching characters realize themselves and become more than their some parts this is what happened with in the stories. Mena the main character is forced to decide in the world she's always known in the world she has no idea about. A strange man who attacks her and gives her this outlandish story changes her life and then b
 ⇝LEAH⇜
"Ugh, where to begin..."

Book Title: United
Author: Tara Elizabeth
Series: Exalted #3
Source: I Own Kindle

Overall Rating : 2.5/5

Breakdown of Rating

Plot: 2.5/5. What's with all the POV's?
Characters: 2.7/5 I did really like them in the first two books.
Theme: 3.7/5
Flow: 2.3/5
Originality: 3/5
Book Cover: 2/5. I really don't like the bra.
The Feels: 2/5
Ending: 3/5. Everything was just too tidy at the end. Cliffhanger: No, this is the last book in the series.

Rating for Entire Series : 3.5 This fin
Candice
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Well, the series has come to the end, and I'm super sad about that. Mena has been a great character to read. Everything was wrapped up nice and tidy with a beautiful ending. We see the ending/beginning of the Republic world with Mena, Ryker, Ethan, Az, and even the evil Dr. Fredericks.

Usually I like the different perspectives, but I feel that maybe there were too many perspectives at times; I was easily distracted from the plot. I also felt that there were a few chapters added that could have be
Darcy Bridge
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very ADDICTIVE Series!!

I loved this series. I have read almost every dystopian book series Amazon Kindle has and this one is one I'll always remember. Great development of characters! My anxiety and emotion rose and fell with Mena's AND Val's!! Thank you SO much Tarah for sharing your creativity and imagination with me! Keep them coming, please?

P.S. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED ❤❤❤ the book Zoo! Thank you for that one as well :)
Rebekah
This book was exactly what I expected. It was a little awkward, a little messy, and predictable. Then again, it's also a very well done self-published book. It was 100% clean, no worries there. I liked it, but I know that not everyone would. This trilogy would probably appeal more to younger YA readers.
Megan
Sep 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I had trouble with the third book. I felt that it was very scattered and had too many POV's. I didn't feel that it truly gave me the answers I was looking for, but in the end it had a good ending. This was a tough one for me because I was really looking forward to the end and it kind of fell flat for me.
Louise Benham
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fight For the Diverse Human Race

Love this trilogy!! Can't wait to read it again! Love one of the themes of diverse people banding together to fight for the right to live free. Highly recommend. Just set aside a bit of time, cause you won't be able to put it down.
Tara Straight
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

The whole trilogy was amazing, I'm 31 years old and loved it. I love most of the teen books about worlds after war or medical mistakes. Maze Runner trilogy, Divergent trilogy, Hunger Games...
Michelle McPherson
United

Still my favorite part of this series was getting to read the many different points of view. I hope this trilogy is followed up with a few novellas about some of the other side characters we have read about.
Jenna North
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

I LOVED this series. Each book showed deeper character development. So many stories still left to explore...Val, Ethan, Lily, Mena's parents, the other republics. I would love to read about them all in their own books. Great writing and superb story!!!
Nicole White
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great storyline!

I loved the trilogy. Enjoyed the different take on post apocalypse and the control of people. Would have loved a little more story about what happens after the final book. Just leaves you wanting to know more.
TJ
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
It is almost impossible to rate and review the individual books in the exalted series individually, as the flow together to become one continuous story. So... if one is looking for a great YA dystopian read, this one is as good as they come!
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

In this final installment of the Exalted Trilogy, Mena and Ryker set out to find her parents and others who have gone missing.

Read full review in the 2016 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Lynda Sadler
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Really loved the premise of these books!
I was thrown by the spelling and mistakes in continuity though. Hench the three stars.
That being said I found I couldn't stop until I finished all three in the series.
Stefanie Bartley
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
great series. sad it was over
Keira Kinahan
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome series

I loved this series. It kept me on my toes the whole time. I wish Ethan didn't leave though. He should have stayed and been married to Val.
Breanna Brown
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Punctuation issues aside, I really liked the whole series. Everyone felt real to me. It was a good, hopeful ending.
Summer Peterson
Good series

This was a good series. Great action and plot. Although I don't really care when the author feels like they need to match everyone up with a love interest.
Samantha Meyer
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

I wish this wasn't the last book of the series. I have really enjoyed this book, along with the first two books of this series.
Meghan
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nunnykimchi
Mar 08, 2016
Jen
Jan 27, 2016
  • Hyacinth (Svatura, #2)
  • Crimson Return (Fall of Venus #2)
  • Pity Isn't an Option (Cozenage, #1)
  • Foreverland is Dead (Foreverland, #2)
  • Ordinary (Exceptional, #3)
  • Enemy Inside (The Defectors #2)
  • Contrition (The Perception Trilogy #3)
  • The Reaping
  • A Class Apart (Class Heroes, #1)
  • Unite (Project Integrate, #1)
  • Fallen
  • The Arrival (The Eslite Chronicles, #1)
  • The Reborn (the Day Eight Series Part 1)
  • Radicals (Blood and Fire, #2)
  • Infinitude
  • Revive (RedZone, #1)
  • Water's Edge (Troubled Times #1)
  • Day of Sacrifice: The Prophecy (Day of Sacrifice, #1)
I write Young Adult Fiction, mostly Dystopian/Sci-Fi novels with a splash of Romance and a hint of sarcasm. I'm also a graphic artist, wife, mother, and Red Vine lover. I grew up in the Deep South surrounded by bayous, magnolia trees, crawfish and great people. My culture is a huge part of my life, and you can see some of those details in my writing.

Novels By Tara Elizabeth:
Zoo
Exalted (Exalted Tri

Exalted (3 books)
  • Exalted
  • Denounced (Exalted, #2)