Start by marking “Carlyle's Crossing” as Want to Read:
Carlyle's Crossing

Carlyle's Crossing

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Jubal is the last Carlyle, and lives near Seattle, far away from his Abenaki ancestors. A letter from a lawyer draws him and his best friend, Sal, to Vermont and the town of Whitewater. Soon they are right in the middle of the old conflict that drove Jubal's parents away just before his birth.

Whitewater is suffering and not just from the economic downturn. Unleashed by on
Published September 13th 2013 by Total-E-Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Carlyle's Crossing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carlyle's Crossing

Kassa
Oct 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
DNF

Although I like several books Quinton has done, I couldn’t get through this one. I took the chance on it even though it was from TEB, which I generally stay away from. The story should be fine and it has all the necessary elements but it just bored me. There’s no tension, no action, no real purpose to the story. Actually it does have a purpose but the book and characters are taking their sweet time to getting around to it and I can’t read anymore. I made it a little over half way (pg. 110 out
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Jubal has always been different, he has been able to see ghosts ever since he was a child but he doesn't really have a clue about his heritage, his Abenaki heritage, and he soon discovers that his gift is much more important than he thought. A letter from a lawyer and a persistent spirit has Jubal and his best friend, Sal, heading for Whitewater and answers and they discover a family history and an old man with an obsession. Sal is just along for th
Julie Bozza
Really enjoyed this page-turning tale, with an interesting setting and a terrific supernatural element - not to mention the relatively mature pair of friends becoming more than fuck-buddies. Excellent work, Chris!
Joanne
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a delicious paranormal story filled with mystery, danger and intrigue. I really enjoyed it. Full review coming soon
R.J.
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read in one sitting! Brilliant paranormal story. Loved Jubal, loved the First Nations link to the flow of energy... recommended... RJ X
jules0623
The ending felt a tiny bit rushed, but I really enjoyed this more than I thought I would.
Claire
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Almost four stars. I liked this book but I needed a little more at the end. Maybe there will be a sequel?
Blue Bayou .
Oct 02, 2013 marked it as dnf
Didn't make it to chapter 3. Not sure if it's me or the book. The story was boring. Could not get into the story or the characters. Might pick up and try again some other time.
Lily
Oct 12, 2013 rated it liked it
3.6 stars. An engaging and action-driven plot, with a nice touch of romance, which was a bit rushed towards the end. I think a sequel might be in order.
Geraldine
Shaz
Vio
Louise
Sep 18, 2013
Chris started creating stories not long after she mastered joined-up writing, somewhat to the bemusement of her parents and her English teachers. But she received plenty of encouragement. Her dad gave her an already old Everest typewriter when she was about ten, and it was probably the best gift she'd ever received – until the inventions of the home-computer and the worldwide web.

Chris's reading
More about Chris Quinton...