Start by marking “Hooked Up” as Want to Read:
Hooked Up

Hooked Up

Cable piracy and a con artist bring Shay and Jagger together in a rough and startling way. When tough guys fall in love and lust, the choice between domination and submission becomes all too important.

A body-builder working for a cable company, Shay Masterson, gets sent out on a trouble call to discover who's pirating the company's signal. He not-too-gently meets Jagger.

Ja
Published May 25th 2013 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hooked Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hooked Up

Riayl
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, romance
MzBond
Apr 08, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Me right now...

I read this book because I had to read a book where one of the protagonists has the same job as I, for my reading challenge. This was the closest I could find because the guy is a cable field service technician. Shay is a field service tech for a large cable company. He gets sent to investigate possible cable theft. I have intimate knowledge of how this stuff is done so I'm going to say here, these things wouldn't happen at a "large cable company" :-

1. Dispatch supervisor does not
Susan65
Jul 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Wasn't really my cuppa tea. I prefer a little more character building and a lot less time-line jumping in my stories. I try to rate shorter stories as fairly as I can and I don't expect too much in too limited a space, however this one just didn't work out too well for me.

I did love the guys names and that they were both big, strong, alphas. But, what I didn't like was the way they described their "junk" over and over again. I get it, your penis is like a beer can, I got it the first time. For s
Candice
May 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, m-m
Read on 5-20-14

Okay, okay, I get it. Shay has a beer can sized cock! Jagger has one about the size of a fist. I got it the first time, I don't need it repeated all of the time. It did make me want to drink though :)

Summer Shandy can photo: Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy (b.o.) 0427-front_zpsb8b8d9d1.jpg

I felt like I was missing so much! Ummm....soooooooo what happened? (view spoiler) I was actually interested in the background story, but it happened off page. I was bummed. Thought I could see Jagger doing some awesome bounty hunting, but nope.

The
Avril
Jul 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
Damn. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry with this one.
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰

ARC received for an honest review

Gah, novellas are so hard for me to review! I am a huuuuge fan of m/m romance, so I jumped at the chance to read Hooked Up.

I loved the synopsis of this book, but it didn't quite do it for me.

Shay is nursing a broken heart after his lover moves for work. Jagger has moved back home to care for his ailing father. When their worlds collide - literally - things sure do take off.

I know that things move along a lot quicker in novellas, but I am not a fan of in
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
2 1/2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Shay is sent out on a call to discover who is pirating the company’s signal, stealing cable might seem like a little thing to some people but to Shay’s boss its worse than stealing the Crown Jewels. Meeting Jagger is a big surprise, especially when he finds himself pinned beneath all that sexy muscle. Jagger has returned home when his father has a nasty fall, and trying to sort out his father’s finances is
Jennifer Greeff
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lets start by saying that this was a Novella but it was one hell of a Novella! Hooked Up did something in 85 pages that most books don’t do in 300+ pages. It was erotic, hot as hell and also managed to make you feel for the characters.

Hooked Up starts with Shay who is a cable installer. He’s been sent to investigate the possibility of someone stealing cable. Just another day on the job until he comes face to face with the hunky biker who may be the perpetrator of the stolen cable. Jagger is a B
Donna
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shay Masterson is a dominant male is gay and is a cable technician. His lover, who he worked with, has been transferred overseas. Now Shay is lonely, but between his job and his time at the gym, he tries to fill his time. Who could have guessed that cable piracy had the potential to change his life?

Jagger Holmes is a dominate gay male and a bounty hunter. His job requires him to be in excellent shape and he has that down. When his elderly father falls breaking a few bones, Jagger returns to his
Susan Laine
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The blurb pretty much covers all the bases. Shay is sent to investigate a possible theft of cable, and while doing so, he is attacked by a man, Jagger, who sees Shay as an intruder. A mere tumbling for control in the backyard makes way to amazing heat neither man is equipped to handle. Both men are tops, and though they want each other desperately, neither one can submit to the other. Even falling in love doesn’t seem to allow them to let go of a lifetime of expected sexual roles.

In the beginnin
The Book and The Harlot's Blog

3.5 Stars

For this being Parker’s first M/M romance I have to say she did a good job. Hooked up is a novella so it’s pretty fast paced. If you’re not into books that develop quickly Hooked Up is not for you. If you want to branch out and away from the normal M/F romances, this quick read is the perfect starter.

Novellas are hard to rate just for the simple fact that: You have a limited amount of space. As a blogger I have come across many different books (styles, lengths etc.) where some of th
Rachel
May 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-erotica
I received an ARC for an honest review.
While both Shay and Jagger sound pretty hot I'd still have to give this only 3.5 Stars.
I prefer even my erotica to have a sound storyline, and for me this one fell flat.
It was a quick read, only about 2 hours, and the two main storylines they had going just weren't enough of a story. Shay, the cable guy meets Jagger while investigating stolen cable. Jagger actually takes up the "chase" and finds the culprit...while winning Shays affection.
There are only a c
Dawn Smith
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this novella from the very beginning. This is a quick and sexy m/m page turner. I fell hard for the two alphas Jagger and Shay. They share an instant sexual attraction that does not diminish throughout the book. I loved the fact that the book doesn't take itself too seriously, is still entertaining , has a fast moving, interesting plot and has characters that are well rounded. The author did a wonderful job and building the tension between Shay and Jagger. These men are sizzl ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a quick m/m read which I enjoyed reading.

Shay is an alpha male. He's the cable guy(wish my cable guy was someone to drool over). He's a good hard working guy.
Jagger is also an alpha male. He's also a bounty hunter. He's come home to help his dad who had an accident.

This is the story of what happens when these two alpha males are attracted to one another. I found it a great quick read.
Melonie Merritt
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This novella was a great short erotic story! The way that Shay and Jagger meet has me laughing out loud and then it turned completely sexy at the snap of your fingers. The attraction is instant between the two of them but yet they are both Alphas and have to learn to submit to the other or their relationship will never work. This book had me connected to the characters and even though it was short still left me with closure for them! I would recommend to anyone who likes M/M!
Hooked On Books
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet!
Shay lost what he thought was the love of his life to a job overseas. While out on the job he's tackled by Jagger the sexy bounty hunter. It's lust at first sight. But neither will submit.
For me there wasn't that hot steamy sex you expect from a erotic novel. The story line wasn't there to grab you and draw you in. The characters interactions and emotion where left to the imagination. It felt like a prequel to something bigger yet to come.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Jess
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh, short
The insta-love was pretty pathetic but the overall poly concept and sex was good.

Charme