Start by marking “White Roses and Starlight” as Want to Read:
White Roses and Starlight

White Roses and Starlight

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The small, provincial town of Parsley Hay is ready for a new era of excitement when a group of notorious rakehells arrive to enjoy the hunting season. Luckily, Miss Marina Buckleigh prides herself in the sound judgment her father Lord Buckleigh so heavily favors and knows to keep her emotions guarded around these men. She is nothing like her sister, Deirdre or the other la ...more
Published May 21st 2013 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about White Roses and Starlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Roses and Starlight

Rane
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
 photo qqf_zpsb4a2aed6.gif  photo qqf_zpsb4a2aed6.gif  photo qqf_zpsb4a2aed6.gif
It's wonderful to see Rhonda Woodward writing again and she brings back her simple and light romantic style with White Roses and Starlight.

Miss Marina Buckleigh is the eldest daughter of a baron and for being only nineteen has a nice head on her shoulders and takes everything in strive until she meets with a blond Adonis who takes her only a moonlight waltz . But everything stops when she runs face to face with Lord Fitzhugh Marquis of Cortland.

It's been a awhile since I read where there's
Amy
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book very much. This author has a flair for telling a story that completely engages me.
I found myself smiling and even laughing out loud at a few of the well crafted scenes.
The ending was delightfully happy.
The female main character had a strength of character and deep sense of kindness that appealed to me. It was hard to picture her as a nineteen year old, the character felt much more mature.
The male main character only has a brief scene or two from his perspective so his developme
Fluttershy
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, regency
3 stars for the story, +1 star for the correct use of the often-abused 'bemused' and 'nonplussed'.
Griffinyarn
Jul 26, 2014 rated it liked it
The romance was vaguely reminiscent of Pride and Prejudice (although the hero was nothing like Darcy in temperament).

The writing style was nice and clean (not overly descriptive or unnatural) and the author did a good job of imbuing the novel with a Regency feel.

My one complaint (and the reason for the lower rating) was (view spoiler)
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I liked this one. It felt like a traditional regency in the plot and writing style. There were even some elements that reminded me a bit of Pride and Prejudice. I liked our heroine Marina and our lead Cortland. I thought the times when they were actually together were the best parts of the books. Unfortunately, they weren't together near enough. While I enjoyed the story, I would have loved if there had been more dialog and interactions between the characters. I also would have given it a higher ...more
Jane
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.50 stars - pg13?
Susannah Carleton
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
A charming story, but somewhat predictable. Ms. Woodward's love of the period shines throughout.
Voltron Baka
Mar 05, 2018
Vonda Dastrup
Jun 16, 2015
Donna
rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2014
Sharon
Oct 05, 2014
fiasco
Jun 02, 2015
Rhonda Woodward is the author of six Signet Regency romance novels, and is happily working on her next. Among other accolades, Rhonda’s novels have been nominated for RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards and won the Book Sellers’ Best Award.
You can connect with her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RhondaWoodwa...