Start by marking “Dirty Day (Cole McGinnis, #3.6)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Day (Cole McGinnis, #3.6)

Dirty Day

(Cole McGinnis #3.6)

This is a free short story featuring Cole and Jae. It is available on Dreamspinner Press' Blog.
Published May 21st 2013

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Day

Rhys Ford
May 22, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: author
This is a FREE Cole and Jae short to celebrate Dreamspinner Press' Sexy Sixth Anniversary. Told from Jae's POV and happens after Dirty Laundry. It clocks in at 3000 words. I got it right to the 3000 word limit I was given. And damn, I wanted to add more.... *grins*
Wendy
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very short story in Jae's pov....which I loved. Laughed my ass off !!!
Barbara➰
Hot and sweet little shortie. Jae is beginning to grow on me.
Susan
May 26, 2013 rated it liked it

This was a short written for DSP's Sexy Six Anniversary.

Loved getting Jae's POV and seeing how he knows clearly that Cole loves him...and that he loves him back (sometimes, you're not entirely certain in the main books...coming from Cole's POV). Their relationship has come a long way.

Gotta admit, there were some parts that almost made me lose my lunch...but that's that...

Enjoy!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Cute short freebie .
I put it under the hurt-comfort-disability tag, because really, getting that stuck on your foot and smelling like ..yuck, anyway, it's gotta hurt, at least your pride and you need the comfort of a shower. :)
Meep
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice to read some of Jae's pov.

Though ick, ick, ick before a delightful rescue.
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
"I could have gone through life not knowing when a headless mouse gets stepped on, its guts squirt out like a popped party favour. I especially didn’t need to have its smelly innards shoot out from between my toes and over my foot."

Jae POV which is awesome. The mouse was too much though!! :D
Elsbeth

Aahhh Jae's POV.....

"In the middle of every shit storm past and present, Cole stood in the middle, a sheltering rock I could cling to and warm my soul. It took me too long to realize that but now, I knew I could always hold onto him and the world could burn up around us and I’d be safe. He would keep me safe. I knew that now."
Heather C
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Leave it to Rhys to make this truly dirty...with mouse guts and all.

Loved this little short from Jae's POV. Damn that word limit!!!
dbbks3
Nice to be inside's Jae's mind.
Amy
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Talk about a bad day! Poor Jae-Min, but at least he got some sexy shower time out of it :)
Jewel
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Next time I'm having a bad day, I'm going to come read this! Told from Jae's POV, this short story illustrates the mother of all bad days. But, at least he got some delicious shower sex afterward!
Cindi
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very quick short that will leave you (as always) wanting more of Cole and Jae. Jae is having a bad day. Funny, as it's normally Cole experiencing the types of things that Jae is forced to on this particular day. A fall into a dumpster, car issues, an experience with a decapitated rat. The poor guy can't catch a break. Thankfully Cole comes to his rescue and makes damn sure the evening ends on a much better and sexier note.

All my friends know how much I love this series and that I adore
Salsera1974
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable little short, told (interestingly enough) from Jae's point of view. The author obviously doesn't have a great deal of time to make his voice terribly distinctive, but she captures the lunacy of his little adventure (which, by itself, made him more of a full-fleshed character for me), the depth of Cole and Jae's relationship, and the humor that colors the entire series in a few short pages. If you already like this couple, you'll love this short. (But for maximum impact, you s ...more
Veronica-Lynn Pit Bull
Sweet little funny, sexy short from Jae's point of view. On their one year anniversary, Jae has finally come to terms with his relationship with Cole:

"In the middle of every shit storm past and present, Cole stood in the middle, a sheltering rock I could cling to and warm my soul. It took me too long to realize that but now, I knew I could always hold onto him and the world could burn up around us and I’d be safe. He would keep me safe. I knew that now".
Ingie
Aug 22, 2014 marked it as to-read-yes-own
Get it here http://rhysford.com/cole-mcginnis-ser....

...To read after part #3 - Dirty Laundry.
Crispy
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, funny and dirty (in more than one sense of the word). The mouse squish between the toes was classy but the shower scene made it all worthwhile. Hurry up with the next Cole McGinnis is all I can say, loudly. Piteously begging, even.
BWT (Belen)
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved getting a moment from Jae's POV.
Trix
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
That was very sweet and adorable.

(view spoiler)

Very funny incident and way of telling it. Falling in a dumpster and oh, the wondrous (yucky) things found in and around it... *shudders at the thought* Made me want to hug
Samantha
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read
Years of dancing and I could spin around a pole but try to climb out of a dumpster and I suddenly turned into a three-legged elephant.
I loved getting a little look at Jae's point of view. And the way Rhys Ford writes just has such a great sense of humor to it, so I thoroughly enjoyed this. So excited to read #4 this upcoming month!
Karen
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mm
What a great tease my next e-book purchase will definitely include this series.
Bea
Great little slice of life short story from Jae's perspective.
Karen
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, super short read from Jae's POV. It sounds like Cole and Jae have finally settled into their relationship. I hope this HEA doesn't mean that this is the end for this series.
Jen
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, ford
Jae and Cole

Interesting to hear from Jae's side. I would love more of this.
Meggie
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shorts, romance
Wow, that's a surprise! Finally we have a free shorty from Jae’s POV, YAY.
Thanks Rhys Ford, I loved this series. Definitely Thank You for giving us this short, but sweet treat!
Will Parkinson
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how I missed this one!

Cole & Jae are beautiful together. This story, while a bit different, is just as wonderful a celebration of their love.
Melyna
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading a story from Jae's perspective. It was light and funny if not also kind of icky and squishy *grin*. I love Cole and Jae, this is one of my favorite series and a nice gift.
Donna
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet free Anniversary read from the time Cole first meet Jae. Haha read of the headless mouse
Kristy Maitz
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very short but still thank you for it.
Jules Lovesbooks
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cute short! A very different point of view! ;)
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dirty Cop
  • Compensations (Life Lessons, #3.5)
  • Falling Away
  • #First Impressions #Second Chances
  • The Promise (Coda Books #3.5)
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • In Sunshine or in Shadow
  • First Impressions (First Impressions, #1)
  • Lazy Sundays (Lazy Days #1)
  • Just Like Florence Nightingale (Tigers and Devils, #1.3)
  • Marriage - A Home Series Celebration
  • Swept Away
  • Lost Time
  • Blindsided
  • Deep in the Count
  • East
  • Date Night (Zero at the Bone, #1.1)
  • Whitetail Rock (Whitetail Rock, #1)
Rhys Ford is an award-winning author with several long-running LGBT+ mystery, thriller, paranormal, and urban fantasy series and was a 2016 LAMBDA finalist with her novel, Murder and Mayhem. She is published by Dreamspinner Press and DSP Publications.

She’s also quite skeptical about bios without a dash of something personal and really, who doesn’t mention their cats, dog and cars in a

Cole McGinnis (6 books)
  • Dirty Kiss (Cole McGinnis, #1)
  • Dirty Secret (Cole McGinnis, #2)
  • Dirty Laundry (Cole McGinnis, #3)
  • Dirty Deeds (Cole McGinnis, #4)
  • Down and Dirty (Cole McGinnis, #5)
  • Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6)