Start by marking “Worst Week Ever (A Long Road to Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Worst Week Ever (A Long Road to Love, #1)

Worst Week Ever

(Long Road to Love #1)

What do you get when you put a hardworking, can-do middle-class young woman together with a egoistical, outrageous, billionaire boss, then throw in the worst week of disasters imaginable?

Book 1 of the 3 book series A Long Road to Love, named Worst Week Ever.

Published July 4th 2013 by New Authors Online

To ask other readers questions about Worst Week Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worst Week Ever

Janell
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-favorites
This is the cutest book EVER! Even though it's on the longer side, I finished it in less than a day because I could not stop reading it. This is not my typical read: The language is pretty much PG(I only occurrence of the one F word off hand) and not only is there no sex, there is barely any kissing. Totally not like most of the books on my shelves... But I LOVED IT!!

In a nutshell, this is what it's about...

Trent Lancaster is a rich CEO who is out of touch with reality. He is constantly threaten
Kary Rader
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
God, I loved this story! It was a dream...well more like a hilarious nightmare. The main characters have strong characteristics that the author sticks with consistently through the story. The secondary characters play over the top but in such a paradoxically realistic way you can't help but be drawn in.

The humor is everything from dry sarcasm to slapstick but there are laughs from every direction. I guarantee everyone could find something to laugh about. The hero/heroine chemistry is subtle but
Theresa Davis
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny
OMG!!! This book had me crying I was laugh so much. I am not sure if it was suppose to be funny or not but it was!! I loved every minute of it.

This truly could be called the Worst Week Ever!!! If everything bad that could happen to anyone happen to Carrie and Trent, sometime twice a day lol. Carrie and Trent are total opposites of each other which makes them prefect together if they stop dancing around it. Trent is the boss from hell who thinks yelling is the way to get people to do things. Car
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another Excellent Read from Liza O'Connor!
Worst Week Ever is funny, romantic, and delightfully entertaining.
Become immersed in Carrie's worst week ever, and you will find
indepth characters and an entertaining plot. I loved this book
After reading Liza O'Connor's book, Saving Casey, I was very happy
to see another book from this author.
Excellent read!!
Melissa Kendall
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm going to admit I' really had no idea what to expect when I started this book. It certainly wasn't the laugh riot i got. I don't remember any book I have read in recent times that has made me laugh so hard.

Trent is your typical out of touch spoiled company boss who has no idea how the real world works. Carrie his long suffering assistant. The interactions between them are a joy to read though like Carrie i quite often wanted to slap Trent upside the head for being such a dick.

I thoroughly enj
Veron
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very engaging read. I shifted between wanting Carrie to dump her rich love interest to understanding why she was persevering, when glimpses of his good nature shone through.
There are some very emotional moments as well as some frustrating moments. Just like in real life.
A fun story and I would recommend it highly.
Maria Hammarblad
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I have read many books that were suspenseful, exciting, romantic, touching... place suitable adjective here. Most books do not make me laugh. I can count the ones that even make me chuckle on the fingers of one hand.

Liza O'Connor nails it. If you need a book to lift your spirits and put a well-needed smile on your face, this is it!
Anthea
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-books
I spend 6 months as an EA at the end of last year and I was shocked how much I could relate to the antics of the boss in this book! Kept me up till 2am to finish and see how it ends. Thanks to CD Brennan as without her recommendation I would never have found this lovely author and great story!
Bela
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good read. Hilariously funny, well written and characters are well developed. Good book
Megan Shipley
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was fantastic. I loved the characters. when I finished this book I couldn't wait to start the next book!
Leslie Lopez
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Worst Week Ever
By Liza O’Connor

Blurb:
What do you get when you put a hardworking, can-do middle-class young woman together with a egotistical, outrageous, billionaire boss, then throw in the worst week of disasters imaginable?

Book 1 of the 3 book series A Long Road to Love, named Worst Week Ever.

Trent Lancaster spends one month without his Executive Assistant (or as his drivers refers to Carrie: 'Trent's brain, left hand, and right hand'. He's had a miserable month without her at his side and to
Devika Fernando
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Worst Week Ever" has to be one of the best books I’ve read in 2014. I had no idea I’d love the novel so much. What I had thought might be a quick read with about a chapter per day of the week, something to laugh at and a bit of romance – turned out to be full of wit, an emotional rollercoaster ride and lessons for life.
I’m not going to try and summarize the plot because I’ll just get my synopses tied into unmanageable knots. Let me hop on to the characters. I think I have a love-hate relationsh
Tony Lavely
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
For all the pathos of Carrie and Trent’s problematic relationship, the humor carried this story. I’m not usually into romance, but I’ve been one of Ms O’Connor’s fans for a long time; the mixture of real life and humorous predictable events did not disappoint.
As it is the beginning of a series, not all threads are tied off and clipped short at the end. I dare say, none of them really are; Carrie and Trent make it to the end of the week, and we’re ready for the next story to start after breathing
Norma
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just how many things can go horribly, comically wrong in one short week? Plenty!
Trent is a horribly spoiled, overbearing and egotistical CEO. All of his employees hate him; that is, all except for his Executive Assistant.
Carrie is a bundle of happy, ‘get-it-done’ energy. She’s hard-working, competent and even gets along with her boss – most of the time.
Ms. O’Connor has created these and other characters who I’m certain will make you gasp with laughter just as hard as they did me. And her story
Melonie Merritt
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing

***** I was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review*****

This book was nothing like I expected. I laughed the whole way through this book. Liza O'Connor has written an amazing book with this one. This is not your typical rich boss falls in love with his employee. There is a little bit of everything in this book, but instead of the intense drama you get a muted version filled with humor. Once I started reading this book I could not put it down and I am sure everyone around me thought I was
M.
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ha, this book actually tickled me. I really liked Carrie, but it was Trent who totally sold this whole story for me.

The man is so completely clueless it's incredible. I suppose clueless isn't quite the right word. Maybe, living in his own world is a better description. His thoughts and perception are extremely distorted, and he seems to see everyone as an enemy out to get him. Of course, he doesn't realize he's such a gruff ass to most of them. Carrie happened to see passed that and actually to
Joanne Wadsworth
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Humorous disaster romance that keeps you turning those pages.

Carrie is a cute-as-a-pie heroine with a ton of sassy dialogue. She might be tiny is size, but she can stand as tall as the rest of them. Trent is her uber-rich high-society boss, but theirs is not your normal employer/employee relationship. It's challenging, all-consuming, and completely off the charts. As they battle their worst week ever on the job, anything that can go wrong, does, and on a scale which draws the reader in. All the
Pam
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
And you thought your week was bad

Something has happened to Cassey's nice in control life. Everything is going wrong. First she gets arrested at the airport after along flight from Taiwan... and things go downhill from there.
'Worst Week Ever' is a fascinating look at the ups and sometimes hilarious downs on the road to love.
Ms O'Connor has created a funny, fast paced story that will have you laughing out loud. You will want to keep reading to see what could possibly go wrong next.
If you like a ro
Stacy McKitrick
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humorous, romance, e-book
This book is whacky. And I mean that in a good way. Not sure Trent is worthy of Carrie’s love and devotion, but I do love the way his mind works (or doesn’t work, as the case may be). If you like crazy humor, you’ll like this book. And I’d read the next in the series, but that most likely won’t happen. I won this copy as a pdf (which did not exactly make for optimal--or fun--reading) and the series is only available for a Kindle. I own a Nook. If the series ever shows up on B&N (or print), I ...more
Peni
Shelves: contemporary
Overall the story was a good one and I would recommend it overall. The only reason I did not give this story a 5 star is that it seemed after awhile to be over the top. We all have those times when everything goes bad and even the weird is ordinary. I can understand most anything but some of this was just too much for me.
C.D. Brennan
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful cast of characters and a fabulous sense of humor kept me reading this romance late into the night. Loveable, lighthearted and well-written, I'll definitely be reading more of this author in the future. Well done, Ms. O'Connor.
Karen
Delightful and funny.
Liza O'Connor
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A humorous, New Adult 'Coming to Reason' disaster novel.

Now Available at Amazon
Cenna Lipscomb
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweetest Story.

Rarely have I laughed so much. Our heroine and hero are two different types. She is stable, wise, caring and able to make you feel like you're the most important person. Our hero is rich, arrogant, self serving and incredibly out of touch with r regular people. The comedy of misunderstanding are hilarious. You will love this sweet story.
Theresa Kelso
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Incredible

Not sure anyone could endure the week that just ended for them! Still a long road ahead, but new friends and old friends reassigned just might work. Worth a shot!
PoshTomes
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is actually 3 books squished into one...

This is actually 3 books squished into one. I enjoyed parts of it but it dragged on so long I completely lost interest on several occasions. I finally finished it but I have no interest in reading more in this series.
Amy
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Corinne
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of the zaniest, most charmingly funny and entertaining romance novels I've read in a long time. I think we romance readers have come to take romance a little too seriously - the angsty plot, the broken characters, turmoil and raging hormones.

Worst Week Ever has none of that. Instead, it offers characters that are a bit over the top going through situations that are a bit unbelievable at times but never dull. This book goes from one bizarre moment to the next, carrying the read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Worst Week Ever up for an AWARD 1 1 Jul 11, 2014 08:05PM
Next in Series Comes out in 9 days!!! 1 6 Sep 06, 2013 10:53AM
Do we settle too early? 1 2 Jul 07, 2013 08:55AM

• Young Lies (Young, #1)
  • Maybe Fate
  • Chances & Choices (Choices #1)
  • Legendary Lover
  • After the Sky Fell Down
  • The Billionaire's Con
  • Crossing Paths
  • Righteous Obsession
  • Gina and Mike (Yearbook, #1)
  • Inner Moonlight
  • Pulse (Club Grit Trilogy, #1)
  • Source One
  • Remember Our Song: A Billionaire Romance (Our Song, #3)
  • Shameless
  • Three-Year Rule (The Rule, #1)
  • Hand-Me-Down Love
  • We Fight, We Fall (Fight and Fall, #1)
  • Resisting Nick (Wicked in Wellington, #3)
Liza lives in Denville, NJ with her dog Jess. They hike in fabulous woods every day, rain or shine, sleet or snow. Having an adventurous nature, she learned to fly small cessnas in NJ, hang glide in New Zealand, kayak in Pennsylvania, ski in New York, scuba dive with great white sharks in Australia, dig up dinosaur bones in Montana, sky dive in Indiana, and raft a class four river in Tasmania. She ...more

Long Road to Love (5 books)
  • Oh Stupid Heart (A Long Road to Love,#2)
  • Coming to Reason (A Long Road to Love, #3)
  • Climbing Out of Hell (A Long Road to Love, #4)
  • The Hardest Love (A Long Road to Love, #5)