Start by marking “Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1)” as Want to Read:
Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1)

Into the Deep

(Into the Deep #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  21,160 ratings  ·  1,716 reviews
This is a previously-published edition - ASIN: B00EG8EQA2

Live young. Live hard. Love deep.

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 315 pages
Published August 9th 2013 by Samantha Young (first published August 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Deep, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  21,160 ratings  ·  1,716 reviews

Kristen

2 1/2 to 3 Stars

I didn't really enjoy the story. The writing, however, was excellent.

August 2013 Comment

I was very disheartened to find out that this book WASN'T a STANDALONE. I'm becoming very discouraged with the "to be continued' trend in the romance genre.
Candace
This one had been sitting on my shelf for a long time, but I hadn't heard much about it and there was nothing that grabbed my attention to make me bump it up my priority ranking. I told myself that I'd read something I had sitting on my shelf before buying another one and this was the lucky one that got picked.

I knew within the first few minutes of starting this audiobook that I was going to be hooked. This story sucked me right in! I found myself wanting to sit in the parking lot when I arrive
Christy
4-4.5 Stars!!!
 photo d1e64075-bb6b-4ef5-b57e-d43a88ea5769_zpsf702143c.jpg

When Charley was sixteen years old she met the love of her life. Jake was the new guy in town, and he had his sights set on Charley. From the first time they laid eyes one one another... they knew.
He watched me the entire time. He watched me like he wanted to watch me forever. I knew this because I was looking back at him thinking the exact same thing.

The two became friends. The more time they spent together, the more their relationship developed. They both fell for each other,
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
WOW....Freaking....WOW!!!
I absolutely LOVED this book!
I have to say I was not expecting to love it as much as I did.

"Into The Deep" is surely going to be another hit for Samantha Young!!

There are so many characters that I loved and am hoping they get their own stories (Beck, Claud, Lowe, and Matt)

Ok but this story is about Charley and Jake!
Loved them both and their chemistry was fantastic!!!!
Their love began at the tender age of 16.

Charley is beautiful, funny, and has a sharp wit.
What I loved ab
Natasha is a Book Junkie
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“… peace… that comes with feeling complete, and I haven’t felt that way since I was seventeen and I walked away from a girl who could make me laugh harder, feel harder, and burn harder than any other person in my world.”

If you think you’re already a die-hard fan of Samantha Young’s unique writing style, well, be ready to hopelessly fall in love with it all over again because this book will rock your world and leave you so addicted to these characters, you won’t know what to do with yourself
Aestas Book Blog
May 23, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released

A SECOND-CHANCE ROMANCE!! MY FAVORITE!!!

Live young. Live hard. Love deep.

Charley Redford was just an ordinary girl until Jake Caplin moved to her small town in Indiana and convinced her she was extraordinary. Almost from day one Jake pulled Charley into the deep and promised he was right there with her. But when a tragic incident darkened Jake’s life he waded out into the shallows and left Charley behind.

Almost four years later Charley thinks she’s moved on. That is until she takes a study ye
Liz
4.5 Take me Deeper Stars

“I knew after weeks of meeting you that I was never going to love another girl like I love you. You’re it for me. They write books about what we have."

description

Samantha Young is a truly gifted author. I enjoy her breezy writing style. The depth of emotions that her characters experience causes a chain reaction of feelings for the reader. There is always great tension between the main characters with pulling and pushing until they might break. Into the Deep certainly did not disapp
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Jake and Charley had a love that lasts forever and even though they are young, everyone could tell that just by looking at them. Unfortunately, something happens and Jake shuts down and shuts Charley out of his life. Now it's four years later and they are both in Edinburgh where they both wanted to go to study abroad. Adding to the problems, Jake brought his new girlfriend along.

Wow Wow Wow ...I LOVED this book. It's always so amazing when a book just grips you right from the beginning and thi
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
"I let myself be convinced that all my memories of our relationship were somehow blown out of proportion, that I'd only imagined the intense connection between us. It's real. I haven't forgotten and neither has he. I can't describe what it feels like. It's just...like a rope binding us together."

Samantha Young tells the tale of Charley and Jake's high school romance through chapters of flashbacks. These two had one epic romance till a horrible event took place that crushed Jake and in turn, he
♥Rachel♥
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
A second-chance-at-love story always tugs at my heartstrings. Not only did Into the Deep tug at my heart strings it settled in and gave my heart a great big crushing squeeze! It was filled with painful longing, lusty attraction, and a once-in-a-lifetime-love.

Charley and Jake fell into love while they were both sixteen. They were very young, but sometimes life works out like that. Unfortunately, tragic circumstances cause a rift and Jake leaves Charley without any explanation shattering Charley’
Catarina
4.5 Second Chance Stars!!

description

Charley and Jake were boyfriends in high-school. But not just young lovers, they had that kind of love so strong that everyone was certain that they would be forever.

But unfortunately, life is unpredictable and something really bad happens that will end with Jake going away and leaving Charley. She is left broken with
Patrycja
May 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2013

As thrilling and extraodinary as new release by Samantha Young sounds, Into The Deep is nothing I thought it would be, if I was being blunt I would say it’s a bitter let down. I was expecting mind blownig new adult novel that would stand equally with On Dublin Street or my favorite book by Samantha Young Slumber. Unfortunately I got short but entertaining read, that lacked deeper emotions or uniqueness.

I can’t say Into The Deep is bad read, because I really enjoyed it, I just couldn’t
.chel.
May 26, 2013 rated it liked it

Overall, I thought this book was just ‘okay’. I had high hopes for this 2nd chance type of romance especially from Samantha Young. It started out strong and kind of dwindle after that.

I had several issues with the book.
For starters, it’s not a STANDALONE. There are no crazy cliffhangers but things definitely aren’t resolved. Quite honestly, I don’t think there was any reason to drag this story out.
(view spoiler)
AJ
“We are all looking for a place in life, somewhere we fit. It’s not a place that changes who we are or what we do – perhaps it shapes us, makes us better, makes us more - but mostly it shelters us with a sense of peace, a sense that whatever we do, whoever we are, we’re not alone in it.
I was lucky enough to find that place, when I was sixteen years old.”

Samantha Young, you have done it again! By the end of chapter 1, I was completely sucked in, and the end of chapter 2, I was in love.

Charley is
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Love it review to come <3 <3

Zizz
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Samantha Young doesn't write earth-shattering stories nor are they very unique. She also doesn't have a way with beautiful, insightful prose as much as Tammara Webber, Gayle Forman and Tarryn Fisher etc are capable of...BUT there is a reason why she is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Samantha Young has talent for weaving a story that is so tight - it just flows. It is not only well-paced but perfectly-paced with the right amount of drama mixed with a heav ...more
Zakirrah BookBlogger
3.5 Sweet, heart aching,deep stars!!

Okay I started this book off with expectations that it would be as good as On Dublin street which I frikin loved..Unfortunately it wasn't.
This isn't a bad book, I liked it and stayed up to finish it but it just wasn't a book that made me say "Wow"

Melissa
“From the moment we’d met, he’d dragged me into the deep, swearing to me he was in there with me. It was a lie. He’d waded back out to the shallows and left me to drown”

First off, I want to thank Samantha Young, not for providing me this ARC (because that’s just the icing on the cake) but rather for being such an incredibly awesome writer! Honestly, if I thought this woman could write, her foray into the New Adult world blew my expectations out of the water! So now, without further ado, I’ll try
Didi
I am going to go with my gut that this rating, for a Samantha Young book, was an anomaly. I usually love her stuff and judging from that I figured I would love this too.

But I didn't love it. It was at most average. Another NA book full of over-the-top angst and wasted time. Wasted time getting together, not my time reading this book, ;-)).

The story of Charley and Jake is about second chances, lost opportunities and misplaced blame. Their love is real, pure and meant to be epic, but getting ther
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Ooh I love a bit of angst and this book certainly delivered on that. Charley and Jake meet when they are 16 and immediately know that they have found that special kind of love that doesn’t come round very often. Don’t let their age put you off either...they are hot!

Unfortunately Jake’s family is the target of a small town hate campaign but nothing can deter them from being happy and on living cloud nine in a perfect little bubble. Their relationship is solid and nothing can split them apart. Unt
Kelli Spear
I finished Into the Deep just over an hour ago and I'm still reeling in all of my emotions. I was ecstatic to get an ARC from Samantha to review because second chance love stories are pretty much my fave at the moment. After reading the description, I was positive I'd adore this story. I had no idea just how much though. Into the Deep covers all of the emotional spectrum. My digital copy is covered in highlighted sections and filled with notes. To say it simply, I fricking LOVED this book.

From t
TF
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - Review to come
Dee Montoya
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
****Sweet Love Stars****

I picked up this book in preparation for a BR for the second novel of this series Into The Deep 2, since it comes out later this week. My friends were right about this book, it was awesome...
(Thanks for the Rec Melissa and Patty)

I will write my full overall review after I finish the next book, as I feel like I still need to get to know these characters better. In this first book we Meet Charlie and Jake as they experience young love as teenagers, then they are separated
Polly
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Ehhhn I wanted to love this book. I'm a huge fan of On the Dublin Street series.

I have to say I pretty much never felt a connection to Jake. He's an asshole.

Spoilers:

He went to Ireland hoping he would run into Charley and brought along his new girlfriend thinking she would be ok with that? Asshole move.
I kinda wanted her to forget Jake and go to Lowe, that's how much I disliked Jake. He was selfish the whole book.
I found myself skimming most of the book and I hate doing that.
I may read book 2
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 stars!

Many people get this confused: The On Dublin Street series is Adult Contemporary romance. INTO THE DEEP is the first book in a brand new NEW ADULT series by Samantha Young. She has done a Fantasy NA before called Slumber, but this is the first NA Contemp that Young has written and I think it’s a winner!

I can guarantee you that you will fall in love with Charley’s character. Charley Redford is a young adult who doesn’t have the world weighing down on her. In fact, everyone around her –
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: samantha-young
4.5 stars VERY SLIGHT SPOILERS

I love love love when first love reunites for a second chance romance. Our couple doesn't reunite right away cause there's someone else in the picture. The story goes from present to past for Charley and Jake.

Past---They had the teenage love that wasn't just a fling or a summer romance. Theirs was genuine even at their age. Charley is easily likeable with her persona and Jake's charm is easily to love. What I loved about their relationship(in teenage years)was how
Vibha
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: female-pov
I was lucky enough to find that place, when I was sixteen years old.”

Charley fell in love when she was sixteen.He had just moved into town and was the talk of the town people.Jake was Charley's...the one.And Ja
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a wonderful book! I really enjoy Samantha Young's writing & so far haven't read a book by her that I didn't absolutely love! I felt the extreme chemistry between Jake & Charley but liked how all the friends are so much a part of the story as well. I hope we get more of Beck & Lowe with some romance in the next books!

-"This shouldn't be possible," he whispered, "but somehow, it's happening. You're something special to me, and I can only hope that I'm something speci
 Naqelle
Dec 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book but the abrupt ending just made it three stars for me. While reading it was great .I love 2nd chance loves and when the story is told from past and present but something was just missing in this one .But i love samatha young and her writing style though.
Alyssa
Shelves: college, abroad, ex

"I'm scared and we have so much to work through and work out... but... it's four years later and I still feel incomplete without him."

I really could not put this book down! I quite literally almost finished the entire thing in just one sitting, and that was starting at lik 6pm and going into the wee hours of the night till I finally convinced myself the drama and heartbreak had died down enough for me to reconvene the next morning. (That was at 90% by the way)

That's not to say this bo
Loved it but had issues with the characters 33 242 Apr 03, 2014 01:29PM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Into the Deep: Chapters 18-22 4 19 Mar 13, 2014 10:40AM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Into the Deep: Chapter 6-11 7 11 Feb 17, 2014 05:53PM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Into the Deep: Chapter 23-end 5 17 Feb 16, 2014 06:41AM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Into the Deep Spoiler Thread 8 33 Feb 16, 2014 06:38AM

• Running Barefoot
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Exposure (East Park, #1)
  • Keep Me Still (Keep Me Still, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Mischief in Miami (Great Exploitations, #1)
  • Smash Into You
  • A Little Too Far (A Little Too Far, #1)
  • I Breathe You
  • Emancipating Andie
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Good (Too Good, #1)
  • No Reverse (Second Chances, #1)
  • Stripped (Stripped, #1)
  • Forever, Jack (Butler Cove, #2)
  • Two Roads
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • The Truths about Dating and Mating (Riordan College, #1)
I'm a Scottish bookworm whose dream of writing full time came true. Thanks to readers my books have hit the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists and several of my books have been nominated for Goodreads Choice Awards. I write adult contemporary and paranormal romance, YA urban fantasy and YA contemporary fiction. To my awe and delight I'm currently published in 30 cou ...more

Into the Deep (2 books)
  • Out of the Shallows (Into the Deep, #2)
“I knew after weeks of meeting you that I was never going to love another girl like I love you. You’re it for me. They write books about what we have.” 53 likes
37 likes