Start by marking “To Love a King (Court of Annwyn, #3)” as Want to Read:
To Love a King (Court of Annwyn, #3)

To Love a King

(Court of Annwyn #3)

HE'S TRYING TO RECLAIM THE PAST

To keep the balance between good and evil at the court of Annwyn, Prince Felan ap Gwyn has two weeks to marry and take the crown. But he wants more than just power—he wants love; a love he once had but was too stubborn to hold on to.

SHE'S STRUGGLING TO FACE THE FUTURE

It took years for Jacqueline Ara to put her life back together after Felan a
Mass Market Paperback, 279 pages
Published October 7th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about To Love a King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Love a King

Jonel
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This novel was an enchanting escape from the everyday. Husk’s vivid descriptions bring both worlds to life in a big way. I thoroughly enjoyed how realistic her portrayal of the human world was, while descriptions became larger than life when we entered Annwyn. Not only was this novel visually descriptive but it was intricately developed. Husk brings forth a variety of fairy types, laying them all out for her readers to enjoy and understand. This is mixed into a captivating and exhilarating story ...more
Paranormal Romance
It's been seven years on earth since the death of their child drove the hero and heroine apart, yet in Fairy years, it's only been a short few months. Regardless the pain still resonates strong for both of them and it bleeds freely like an open wound. The heroine, young and oppressed by her parents found her love affair with the fairy prince exciting and rebellious. He was charming, he was dangerous but he was absent days sometimes weeks at a time when he returned across the border to his home l ...more
Mad about
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, fairies
Being the third book in the Annwyn Series we've seen Felan make appearances before but not Jackie who's one of our main characters in To Love a King.

Felan has the notorious play boy lifestyle according to those in the Fairy Court so when the time comes to take the throne there aren't many who believe he has what it takes to be King. He's opposed by a strong rival who seems to have the attributes one needs to rule, an attribute of a consort and heir which Felan let slip through his fingers long a
Erin
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The epilogue was the best part honestly.
Deborah Canaday
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! Can't wait for next book in the series.
Kevin
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
It's been a while since I last read this series. A prince desperately needs the woman he lost. She's moved on and takes some convincing.
Marta Cox
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's so nice to return to Annwyn but it's a time of great change and danger. Winter is encroaching and the Fae who have made their home there for thousands of years face certain death if the balance is not restored. Their queen will be executed in two weeks as punishment for her heinous crimes and acts of treason but that means a new king and queen must ascend to the throne and they must have a child if the court of Annwyn is to survive .
Crown prince Felan has not always put his duties first and
Jeannie Zelos
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
To Love a King, Shona Husk
Review from jeannie zelos book reviews
There's a novella and a couple of full length books prior to this one. I'd not read them but each are stand alone, although connected. Though I'd have got a grasp on the settings and characters sooner if I'd read them, I still found the novel easy to follow, just every now and then backtracking to recall how each person fitted into the story.
Poor Prince Felan, he's got a tough job, find a queen within the next two weeks, or his sist
Tania Godwin-evans
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Starting this novel I did not realise that this was book 3 of a series and so I had no knowledge of that had gone on before. I feel that I was not really missing much and from reading the blurb about the previous books it looks as though the main character of this novel only featured slightly previously. As I have not read the previous novels I can only base my review on this book as a stand-alone.

This novel was character based; so much so that this reader would have loved to have had more time
Shauni
Originally reviewed for Tea and Book.

Winter is coming to Annwyn and with it comes disease and destruction to the human world. It's time for the end game. Shona Husk writes a brilliant ending to her Annwyn Series and once again proves that life without love is perfectly worthless.

Prince Felan ap Gwyn has been working behind the scenes for centuries. His foppish attitude has those of the royal court convinced that he will be easily overthrown. Yeah not so much. Felan's only problem is his king has
Tory Michaels
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I've only read (completely) one other of the Annwyn books (the novella, and I didn't like it because it left out the battle), but it clicked into place as I read through this book. I enjoy Ms. Husk's world of the fairies and how the two worlds (ours and Annwyn) not only came into play but how they are still very much interconnected millennia later.

Felan - Gotta suck to be him. He's got two weeks to get married and get a woman pregnant so he can ascend to the throne of Annwyn after his mother's e
Sharon
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shona Husk’s Court of Annwyn series is a nice mix of paranormal romance and urban fantasy. I’ve read the first two books and have been waiting to read Price Falen’s story. We learn bits and pieces about him and his predicament in the first two books. Now the fate of Annwyn (Fairy realm) depends on every decision he makes from this point on. His father, the King, is dying and if Falen wants to claim the throne he must present a human queen carrying his child. He knows who he wants to be his queen ...more
Stacy Sabala
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Book Review- To Love a King by Shona Husk

Felan’s mother will be tried for treason in two weeks. As a result he has two weeks to find a queen and get her pregnant. He has only loved one woman and lost her. He decides to try again as he wants no one else.
He walks into the coffee shop where Jacqui works seven mortal years after their relationship ended. She knows who and what he really is. She also knows that he blames her for losing their baby. He left her before she could explain what happened.
Fe
TINNGG
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 actually

It is...confusing. The H is the Crown Prince and is going between the two worlds, to monitor competition and to convince an old girlfriend to marry him. Because of this, the timeline is all over the place. I never really quite got the feel of how much time had passed. I *think* it was a week on earth, and maybe a day in Annwyl but I'm not sure, mainly because he called a meeting in a specified length of time, yet I don't know that enough time passed on earth to accommodate it.

Whateve
Kathie (katmom)
First, I loved this cover. Next, the blurb sounded fascinating. I just wish I had liked it more. This is book three in a six book Court of Annwyn Series (4, 5, and 6 to come out in 2015). The repetition of back story and why their feelings weren't valid or worthy began to wear on me quite quickly. Once again, I begin to wonder if the author is just trying to pad their word count.

The fairy things were fascinating. But it felt like the author was changing her rules as she went along. Or maybe I ju
Lexi
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
**I Received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review**

Review:4 stars
General: I had no idea this was a series book. I've been running into that problem a lot lately and to an extent it has me wondering why things aren't being marked when up for review. But nonetheless I truly enjoyed this book. I do not know if I would track down the others and read backwards, but I did love what I read in here and would move forward with others.

Annwyn was a beautifully imagined and writ
Carrie
Jul 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This last (?) installment of the Court of Annwyn certainly tied all the previous stories together. Finally, we get to see Felan’s beloved and watch him flounder his way through a courtship. The stakes are all high and the world is falling apart around them. This book was filled with tension and tough choices for all the characters.

Jacquie and Felan had a wonderful romance 7 years ago, but to Felan it feels like only a few months hav
Beyond the Pages
Oct 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Krissys
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: featured-books, star
I received a digital copy from Sourcebooks Casablanca in exchange for an honest review.

To Love A King is a sensational book. I wish I could click my heels together three times and make a print copy appear in my hands. I think its the best book I've read from Shona yet.
I really wish that I had gotten to read the previous book because it appears to pick up where the previous (book/s) left off. However Shona doesn't leave readers beginning with this novel in the dark. She does well to fill them i
Deborah Ideiosepius
Very enjoyable little supernatural romance.

Jacqueline has rebuilt her life from a previous breakup, and then her ex suddenly appears in her workplace to turn her world upside down again. He does this with ease since, as well as being stunningly gorgeous, his is the Fairy prince of Annwyn and he must get married to save his kingdom, he has to get married FAST...

This scenario creates a good setting for the urgency that is needed to get a good romance off the ground. I also really enjoyed the back
Melindeeloo
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's time for Felan to claim his queen.

I enjoyed this story which ends the first major arc of the Annwyn series. I've liked Felan who was a player in the two previous books in the series and I like that he ends up willing to gamble on love even as he is unwilling to shirk his duty to his people. He has a history with Jacqui, which sort of helps with the fast pace of the courtship, since he had only two weeks to produce a queen and an heir. But there is so much going on, with Felan preparing for
Melindeeloo
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is no King without his Queen

It's time for Felan to claim his queen. I enjoyed this story which ends the first major arc of the Annwyn series. I've liked Felan who was a player in the two previous books in the series and I like that he ends up willing to gamble on love even as he is unwilling to shirk his duty to his people. He has a history with Jacqui, which sort of helps with the fast pace of the courtship, since he had only two weeks to produce a queen and an heir. But there is so much
Gail
Nice conclusion to the series. In this one, the prince has to win his bride in 2 weeks or faery will fall and plagues will sweep the human world--worse than they already are now that the faery queen has been sentenced to death for treason and the king is dying. Luckily, this is a reunion story, so the prince just has to convince his heroine that he didn't really mean it. This story has about twice as much plot as either of the first two, and it's done pretty well. I like fat books so of course I ...more
Shelbie  Knight
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Since this was my first read in this series, I'm not sure if I was missing out on something, but it sure felt like it. Still, I enjoyed it enough that I will likely look to see what came previous, purchase and read it. I loved the Prince's story. I will withhold any further review until I have a chance to go back and read what was written before this one. It was a really good story, but I have a feeling that, had I had the backstory, it would have been great. So, as to not sell it short, a readi ...more
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book through the First Reads program.

A fun book that combines life in both the fairy and mortal worlds. readers meet villains, heroes, princes, and all sorts of other sorts from magic worlds while experiencing adventure and romance.

even though this was my first introduction to the series, at no point did I feel lost. it was easy to 'catch up' to what was taking place, although I have requested the other books from my library because I have enjoyed reading this one so much! look
Jill Lemaster-moore
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are no words to describe how happy I am. This book was like a 2-for-1 for me. Along with Felan getting his ending, Verden's story also finishes out as well. Completely thrilled and sad at the same time because I have no idea how Shona could ever top this series. Each book I devoured in mere days and left me wanting more. This book was an appropriate finish to the series and left it in a very happy place.
Molly Smith
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it
This story started a bit slow for me but soon picked up. I liked it. Felan was always interesting and his heroine is not quite what I was expecting. But she was surprising. The ending was quite surprising but I'm sure it wasn't completely resolved. Please click on the link to the full review posted at That's What I'm Talking About blog: http://twimom227.com/2014/09/review-t...
Teri
Oct 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Within the romance genre, the book was not the typical romance book I’ve read…historical or otherwise. That said, it was an easy read and I’d recommend it to someone looking for a fun way to pass an afternoon.

NOTE: I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Juveriya
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, 2016, romance
Wohoo!
I won in this giveaway giveaway details!!
I am so excited to read the book!
Thank you to the author and goodreads first read for choosing me. :)
Lizzie
The buildup did not do this book justice. I was intrigued from beginning to end. The vivid pictures painted my imagination straight into Annwyn, and I don't want to leave yet. Felan ans Jaci fell as hard and as fast for each other, as I fell for this book. #almostgotme #lovedit
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Night's Deep Hush (Reveler, #4)
  • The Problem with Promises (Mystwalker, #3)
  • Under the Final Moon (Underworld Detection Agency, #6)
  • Dangerously Divine (Broken Riders, #2)
  • My Boyfriend and Other Enemies
  • Demon Hunting in a Dive Bar (Demon Hunting, #3)
  • Conjuring Destiny (Brides of Prophecy #3)
  • Angus (Connor Clan, #2.5)
  • Shadow Play (A Tracker Novel)
  • Give a Girl a Warlock (Karmic Consultants Book 7)
  • The Charm Stone
  • Cinderella and the Ghost (The Cursed Princes, #4)
  • Stone Angels (Primani, #3)
  • Heaven and Hellsbane (Hellsbane, #2)
  • Untitled (Guardian Angels, #2)
  • A Soul for Atonement (Soulbearer, #4)
  • Magical Gains
  • Immortal Defender (Immortal Brotherhood, #4)
Shona Husk lives in Western Australia at the edge of the Indian Ocean. Blessed with a lively imagination she spent most of her childhood making up stories. As an adult she discovered romance novels and hasn’t looked back. Drawing on history and myth, she writes about heroes who are armed and dangerous but have a heart of gold—sometimes literally.

With stories ranging from sensual to scorching, she

Court of Annwyn (8 books)
  • The Outcast Prince (Court of Annwyn, #1)
  • Lord of the Hunt (Court of Annwyn, #2)
  • The Changeling Soldier (Court of Annwyn, #2.5)
  • The Tenth Life of Vicki Torres (Court of Annwyn #3.5)
  • The Darkling Lord (Court of Annwyn, #4)
  • Singer of Death (Court of Annwyn, #5)
  • Taming the Assassin (Court of Annwyn, #6)