Start by marking “Wet: More Aqua Erotica” as Want to Read:
Wet: More Aqua Erotica

Wet: More Aqua Erotica

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
From Mary Anne Mohanraj, bestselling editor of Aqua Erotica, comes a hot and steamy new anthology of erotica -- featuring stories from some of today's best fiction writers.Wet: More Aqua Erotica delivers tales of love and lust -- including contributions from authors such as Mary Gaitskill, Cecilia Tan, Jack Murnighan, and others -- in a package that's right at home in the ...more
Published July 23rd 2002 by Three Rivers Press

To ask other readers questions about Wet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wet

Tiara
Nov 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, anthology
A waterproof erotica book, sequel to Aqua Erotica, with the shared theme of "water". So, in every story, water in its different forms are used as a catalyst for the stories.

This wasn't a bad erotica anthology as far as anthologies go. It was hit and miss as with any anthology, but for the most part, I did enjoy the stories. Some of them left me feeling cold, but there were quite a few that made up for some of the lackadaisical stories in the anthology.

I think my favorite story in the whole col
Lizzie
This collection of stories was definitely not as... wet... as its prequel, Aqua Erotica. Only a couple of stories gave me tingles. Erotica? Please. The sex scenes were practically non-existent, mostly consisting of just foreplay, then skipping to the end with a well-rehearsed "After we were finished..." Where's the nitty-gritty detail I've come to expect from erotica, nay, DEMAND? I feel so, so cheated. I'd chuck Wet into a lake if it weren't waterproof.
Cupof Tea
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I won this book in a fundraising raffle for Strange Horizons almost 10 years ago. It's signed by one of the authors, Connie Wilkins, "Keeping your head above water is all very well, but immersion has its charms."

I enjoyed this book for the most part. I think my favourite stories are Vapors, and Shelter From The Storm. The pictures throughout the book are also very beautiful, all art shots under water.
Amy
I purchased this book solely for the novelty value (a book you can drop in the tub? awesome!) The first half of this book was a complete write off. I was about to put it down, never to return, when I came across Simon Sheppard's incredibly nerdy gay short "number fourteen." Loved it, and the stories took a severe upswing in the last 40 pages. Now I'm sad it's over.
Amanda
I have to admit, there are quite a number of stories in this collection that I go back to every now and then. The first book of erotic stories I ever purchased! I've purchased others since then, but they're not as good as this one.
HeavyReader
Jun 21, 2007 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: folks who like to read AND masturbate in the bathtub
This book of erotica is really cool because the pages are made out of a special paper that allows them to stay in water for an extended period of time without degenerating in any way. I didn't think the stories were as hot as the ones in the first book of this series.
Kristy Venable
May 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
A little odd. A few of the short stories were more gross than erotic. A few were really hot.
Cozette
Aug 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
One of the best volumes of erotica I've encountered; incredibly well-written, quite scintillating stories.
Kelly
Jan 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
I loved the first Aqua Erotica but I was fairly disappointed in this one.
Louise
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always with short story collections, the quality varies, but all in all some great stories - and the water theme is a cool idea.
Mandy C.
Aug 07, 2014
Sandra Glenn
Feb 12, 2012
Terri
rated it did not like it
May 29, 2013