Start by marking “Mary Anne Saves the Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #3)” as Want to Read:
Mary Anne Saves the Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #3)

Mary Anne Saves the Day

(Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #3)

Who would have guessed that when the BSC girls get in a HUGE fight, it's shy and quiet Mary Anne who manages to save their friendship?

When a terrible fight breaks out among the four BABY-SITTERS CLUB friends, Mary Anne is left to her own devices. She has to sit by herself at lunch, make new friends, and deal with her overprotective father without advice from the BSC gang.
Published September 1st 2007 by GRAPHIX

Brianna
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
I picked this up casually from the library, expecting it to be a fun little jaunt into my childhood. Friends, I was wrong. The awesomeness of this little graphic novel has inspired me to want to re-read every single one of the Babysitter's Club books ever. Raina Telgemeier does a magnificent job of capturing the girls' personalities in her artwork. This book is all about a fight among the girls in the club, and Telgemeier depicts their petty emotional tactics through the artwork, showing just ho ...more
Gina
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a sweet story. This is a wonderful example of young friendships.
Rachel
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I swear these keep getting better and better! For those of you like me who are VERY familiar with the original books, this is the one where we meet Dawn from California who became the reason why I wanted my parents to get divorced so one of them could marry one of my friend’s parents.

That never happened.

I think what makes this series so great is that it captures all of the drama and difficulty of middle school: dealing with friends, dealing with parents, dealing with younger siblings and diffi
LynnDee (The Library Lush)
I'm giving these books 4 stars purely for nostalgia. The middle school drama depicted is kind of annoying, but I know it's just representing how annoying middle school was.
Lstirl
Nov 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
A sweet, girly, graphic novel based on the best selling Baby-Sitters Club series.

Ages 8-12

Raina Telgemeir rewrote the original book by Ann Martin with the same title, to graphic novel format. I was not looking forward to reading this book. Not a huge fan of the syrupy sweet original series nor a fan of graphic novels, the thought of reading this seemed like a double punishment. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The characters were modernized by the teen-feeling artwork and hipper fashions and
Jenni Joru
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: viitoskuutoset
Mary Anne on Baby-Sitters Clubin ujoin jäsen. Tukkaansa vielä 12-vuotiaana leteillä pitävä Mary Anne asuu kahdelleen isänsä kanssa, hänen äitinsä on kuollut silloin, kun Mary Anne oli aivan vauva.

Isä on kiireinen asianajaja ja suhtautuu Mary Anneen ylisuojelevasti. Mitä tapahtuukaan, kun kiltiltä tytöltä palaa proppu?

Mary Anne kyllästyy siihen, miten BSC:n sääntöjä venytetään ja hän tulistuu isälleen, joka ei anna hänen olla ulkona iltakymmeneen muiden tyttöjen tavoin. Räjähdystä seuraa kylmä
Veronica
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I was a huge fan of the BSC books when I was a pre- teen and teen. I had tons of them, including all the Super Specials and the California Diaries series. Reading these as graphic novels is fun and opening these stories to a new generation. I love how they keep it true to the time period, not adding cell phones or anything like that. I highly recommend them for the nostalgia factor.
Gina Adams
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aw this was my fave so far. 💖
Amelia
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book is problepy the worst bookman the series so far because i do not like how all of the club members het mad at each other for stupid reasons and the fight last for at least half of the book!
Natalie
So darn cute! I love revisiting these stories from my childhood in graphic novel form. The art is so cute and perfect and it stays true to the story.

Mary Anne was my least favorite when I read the series as a kid, but I liked her in this graphic novel.

Such an enjoyable series - I’m glad I picked it up!
Andie
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Candy, jobs, money, and friendship, that's what the Babysitter's club are all about. Baby Sitters Club Graphix #3: Mary Anne Saves the Day is a realistic fiction graphic novel by Raina Telgmeier based on the story by Ann M. Martin. The genre of this book is realistic fiction because it is a story based on real girls and could actually happen. The artwork in my book was different than most books because the pictures were cartoonish and in black and white. The scenery in the pictures is simple, bu ...more
Anayeli Lujano
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like how they start off the book because at the en it actually happened she change in so many different ways even from her hairstyle I would read it again.
Sarri
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tämä sarjakuvaromaani sykähdytti jotenkin vanhaa tätiä, vaikka kirja kertookin pääasiassa baby-sitters clubin jäsenten riitelystä. Ja tietenkin riitojen sopimisesta. Kerrassaan vastustamattoman viehättävällä tavalla. Unohtamatta kaikenlaisia mielenkiintoisia sivujuonia.

Eräässä tyttöjen puhelinpäivystyskokouksessa Kristy ottaa vastaan mukavan lastenvahtihomman tarjoamatta sitä myös muille. Tästä kehkeytyy pientä kähinää, josta seuraa vähän enemmänkin sanomista, kunnes joukon ujoin, Mary Anne san
Jasmine Marie {#thebookishmama}
I was so excited when the first of The Baby-Sitters Club Graphix book was released. Being a Baby-Sitters devotee, I was so excited that the series that got me hooked into reading series of books when I was 9 years old would get a new breath of life. I was excited that it could possibly become a series that a whole new generation of kids could fall in love with.

Raina Telgemeier's work is ah-mazing. You need to check out her portfolio here. I think she did a superb job of updating the characters t
Star Ryan
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So.great. I found myself bull saddened in amused at the dissension in the group that happens in this book. Telgemeier captures the essence of preteen friendships so well in her charmingly adorable art style and illustrations. the characters are so cute when they're mad it's hard not to chuckle but at the same time you remember how difficult it is with precarious friendships at this age. this was such a fun jump back into my past and I'm looking forward to reading the last one as well as more boo ...more
Child960801
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
In this adaptation of the third Baby Sitter's Club book, the girls fight starting a month long feud where they won't talk to each other or be friends. Mary Anne makes a new friend. Man, reading this book now makes me so glad to be past the age of 12 and all the stupid drama, where not speaking to your friends, even when they try to make up, seems like a good idea.
Emzie Connolly
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love these series ❤ ...more
Devon Flaherty
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Smile, Sisters, and Drama, by Raina Telgemeier. All three are Middle Grades graphic novels, the first two memoir and the last realistic fiction. They were published in 2010, 2012, and 2014 (not respectively). They have all been NY Times bestsellers and have won numerous awards.

Smile

For me, a sad part of reading a graphic novel is that it goes so quick. I enjoyed reading Smile, but man did it read fast. For me, it was just one sitting, not even an afternoon, like as long as it would take me to pe
Danni Green
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
To my great dismay, my local public library no longer has the original Babysitters Club books. Seeing me, a full-grown adult, nearly distraught in the middle of the children's room after being told about this, one of the librarians hastened to find that they did, indeed, have one copy of a graphic novel version of the 3rd book, and perhaps I would like to read that? Well, I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it, but I decided to do it anyway and I'm glad that I did. It certainly wasn't the original ...more
Although all of these graphic novel adoptions of the original baby sisters club can be read out of order, it helps if you don't, because new characters are brought in, and people come and go, and if you read it out of order, you misse these little things.

The third book in the series introduces Dawn, from California, who becomes friends with Mary Anne when the club has a fight.

Usual middle school friendship problems. I think the best things about the books is their problem solving of how to deal
Deanna Siegel
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Baby-Sitters Club gets into a big fight that creates problems not only for the group, but for their business. No one is speaking to each other, so Mary Anne meets Dawn. Dawn is the new girl and they becomes fast friends. While babysitting, Mary Anne is forced to deal with an emergency and asks for Dawn's help, resulting in Dawn eventually joining the club. I was so happy that Mary Anne received more freedom in this novel and although the parent storyline was predictable, I still really enjoy ...more
TheBookWorm🐛 🐛
Another great babysitters club book. My favorite character in this book was Mary Anne (again, because it is geared more towards her, and there is more character development for her). Again, no least favorite character. I won’t really give anything away, that way people can go read it themselves. I definitely recommend this series though!
Aleta
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
So cute!
Yurika K
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think it is really fun! Its a story of a fight, but being friends again! Love it!
Jasmine
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Oh the drama!
Emily
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This book series was my childhood and the graphic novels are so good at capturing the heart and feel.
Taylor
i really enjoyed this book too i really like this series
Leah
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one focuses on Mary Anne and introduces Dawn. There's a big fight about something silly, and the club doesn't talk to each other for a while. Things eventually work out for all of the members.
Kris
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nostalgic, yet not dated. Love these, and I wish Raina would illustrate all of them.
Sue
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying these adaptations. The nostalgia is strong but the dialogue and situations are still very relatable. I'm glad I'm picking these up as I come upon them at the library.
  • Kristy's Big Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #6)
  • Swing it, Sunny
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 3: Superheroes (Amelia Rules! #3)
  • All's Faire in Middle School
  • Lucy & Andy Neanderthal (Lucy & Andy Neanderthal, #1)
  • All Summer Long
  • The Tale of Despereaux: The Graphic Novel
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • Hilda and the Stone Forest (Hilda, #5)
  • One Trick Pony
  • Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians (Lunch Lady, #2)
  • Magic Trixie (Magic Trixie, Vol. 1)

Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels (7 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #1)
  • The Truth About Stacey (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #2)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #6)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novel #7): A Graphix Book