Start by marking “Long Time Coming (Whitfield Brides #1)” as Want to Read:
Long Time Coming (Whitfield Brides #1)

Long Time Coming

(Whitfield Brides #1)

Brooklyn assistant district attorney Micah Sanborn walks into wedding planner Tessa Whitfield's town house and winds up stranded there all night in a citywide blackout… alongside the most intriguing woman he's ever met.

Tessa's vow to avoid mixing work with pleasure is completely forsaken once she's thrown together with the tall, gorgeous assistant DA. Micah offers Tessa
Published May 20th 2008 by Harlequin Kimani (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Long Time Coming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Time Coming

Start your review of Long Time Coming (Whitfield Brides #1)
Bella Reading
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a good love story in a long time but this one here was nice. I enjoyed Tessa and Micah relationship but often felt that they were playing with each other way too much. Why hide your feelings when life is so short. This was an excellent read. I can't wait to read part 2 hopefully this is one of those series that get better with each part.
Shawnette
Feb 10, 2008 rated it liked it
A Change of Heart

A “Long Time Coming” the first installment in the “Whitfield Bride Series” is a sweet and endearing romance. I thoroughly enjoyed the instant attraction between Micah and Tessa. I also thought the cast of characters to be well-developed and quite memorable. I enjoyed the camaraderie of both families during their social gatherings throughout this story. I was definitely caught up in the very sensual love scenes sprinkled throughout the pages. However, as another reviewer
Andrea Bevier-wimbush
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I think this whole series is a good read. Long Time Coming is the first book in the Whitfield Brides trilogy.
lorraine throckmorton
Never Say Never

Tessa and Micha first came to my notice in the Best Man and the Wainwright series. Micha's fear of being abandoned is so strong that he won't let any woman get to close. Because of that fear Tessa had some serious challenges to overcome in their relationship. Tessa had her own issue of trust to overcome. So Micha had challenges to overcome too. The feelings that they share helped them through so they could plan a life together. Ms. Alers did it again.
Christine
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved this book the pure maturity of a love story without all the F-bombs is beyond refreshing.
Stush

Shelves: 2017, romance
I'm a sucker for love
Sharon Eikenberry-Deary
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When love walks in and you least expect it what can you do. When it makes you feel like you walking on air and never want to let that person go. When Tessa Whitfield wedding/event planner was chosen by Bridget Sanborn to do her NY Eve wedding. Bridget was called for jury duty and it was held over, so she had to send her brother Micah Sanborn to take notes and ask the questions she had written down. When Micah had gotten to Tessa's place NY had a blackout. What Micah never thought that Tessa ...more
Barb
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book. First we have Brooklyn assistant DA Micah Sanborn. Then we have wedding planner Tessa Whitfield who runs her business out of her town house. Filling in for his sister, Micah meets with Tessa to talk about his sisters wedding, but ends up stranded there all night in a citywide blackout...alongside the most intriguing woman he's ever met.
Tessa has vowed to avoid mixing up work with pleasure, but her vow seems to be forgotten when they
get to know each other better. Neither
René
Mar 04, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fiction
I had to encourage myself to finish this book because I don't like to stop halfway through. There was too much repetition in the fact that "I love him, but I've sworn off men." It seemed like that was the last sentence of every chapter.

There is also the fact that there was too much description. I love description in a book, but I don't need to know that that the cup was 3/4 turned to the left when it's not pertinent to the story.
Shameka
When I first started this book I hated it and almost quit reading before I reached the 5th chapter but as the story progressed I started to get more into it. I really did not like the male character in this book, Micah. I think the author tried to write him as an alpha male but instead he came across as very controlling and borderline obsessive. Sorry but I just could not root for him and Tessa ending up together.
Janelle
Mar 30, 2012 marked it as abandoned
I could not connect with the characters. The conversations felt wooden and I didn't feel the chemistry between Tessa and Micah. Tessa was cold, in general, and I never warmed to her.

I made it to the halfway point until I realized that I just wasn't enjoying the story and called it quits.

Also, no law school at Princeton.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aar-aas-aam
District attorney Micah Sanborn walks into wedding planner Tessa Whitfield's home only to be stranded by a citywide blackout. This presents them with an opportunity that will not have occurred. But will the passion that Micah unleash on her be enough without the three words she so longs to hear.
Keisha Webb-Gibbs
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I'd never heard of this author and I picked this book up on a whim at Costco, but it was very good. The ending left me wanting more -- a continuation.
Ariana
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow it took me way to long to figure out they were a multicultural family. I still have no idea what the parents are. But all and all the book was good. Wait Micah was black right???
Monica McCray-Wilson
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this book. Now I have to read the next one.
ConSonia
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFULL STORY IT WAS WELL WRITTEN LOVED THE CHARACTERS IN THE STORY THE LOVE THAT THE AUTHOR PORTRAYED BETWEEN MICAH AND TESSA WAS AMAZING... KUDOS 4.5 STARS IN MY BOOK..
Zaneta
May 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
The story was a little slow to me at first, but by the end I was exciting.
Dalesha R
Mar 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I love romance but I felt like this book could have used a bit more action… It seemed kind of dboring
Karla
Jan 21, 2019
Alicia
Dec 29, 2015
Lindsay Jones
rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2011
Kharla
Apr 30, 2013
Tanesha Abernathy
Jun 08, 2015

• Love in Catalina Cove (Catalina Cove #1)
  • Irresistible You (Graysons of New Mexico, #4)
  • Forget Me Not (Catalina Cove)
  • Best Laid Plans
  • One Christmas Song (The Taylors of Temptation, #4)
  • Legal Seduction
  • An Honorable Seduction (The Westmoreland Legacy)
  • With Your Permission (In The Heart Of A Valentine #5)
  • Howard Prentiss
  • You and No Other (Graysons of New Mexico, #2)
  • Christian Brooks
  • Only You (Graysons of New Mexico, #5)
  • His to Claim (The Westmoreland Legacy)
  • Leon Blair
  • Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1)
  • Everlasting Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
  • Free Fall (Troubleshooters, #16.6; Troubleshooters: Izzy Novellas, #1)
  • Always My Valentine (The Donovan Friends, #5)
Rochelle Alers was born in Manhattan, New York, USA, where she raised. She obtained degrees in Sociology and Psychology, before started to work. She is a member of the Iota Theta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., and her interests include gourmet cooking and traveling. She has traveled to countries in North, Central and South America, and Europe. She is also in accomplished in ...more

Whitfield Brides (3 books)
  • The Sweetest Temptation (Whitfield Brides #2)
  • Taken By Storm (Whitfield Brides #3)