Start by marking “Meeting Shiva: Falling and Rising in Love in the Indian Himalayas” as Want to Read:
Meeting Shiva: Falling and Rising in Love in the Indian Himalayas

Meeting Shiva: Falling and Rising in Love in the Indian Himalayas

Meeting Shiva is a spiritual memoir. Tiziana, a single woman in her mid-thirties, is at the end of an adventurous overland trip through the Himalayas, which she embarked on to search for her tantric soul mate. When the soul mate hasn t materialized after eight months of wandering through Tibet, Nepal, Pakistan and India, she decides to go home. Before her departure, she se ...more
Published August 16th 2013 by Changemakers Books

To ask other readers questions about Meeting Shiva, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meeting Shiva

Start your review of Meeting Shiva: Falling and Rising in Love in the Indian Himalayas
Nimue Brown
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Meeting Shiva could most succinctly be described as a spiritual autobiography, but it is many things. I’m usually totally turned off by anything that suggests ‘how I found enlightenment’ or ‘my personal tale of growth and redemption’ but this is a beautiful and inspiring book, and not at all what you might expect from spiritual autobiography as a genre. It helps that nothing about it suggests that this is one of those tales of magical transformation with a subtext that you too could have a perfe ...more
Anya Trahan
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It is important to say that I am a tough critic. The number of books I actually read to the last page are few, because I don't waste my time if a book, which seems good at the beginning, begins to lose its potency as it continues. But I read Meeting Shiva to the final page. Truly, a beautiful memoir: one that captivated both my brain--and my heart!

Meeting Shiva is a spiritual memoir that made me laugh and and made me cry, in equal measure. Made me question and made me calm. I appreciated the op
Sue Lilly
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Thought-provoking, with plenty of personal resonance reflecting the stage of enfoldment that is part of many people's spiritual awakening. Insights into the social and cultural differences that create and destroy relationships of this type. An enjoyable read, surprising as I seldom enjoy books of this type.
Aswathi
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When you get a chance to read your own life events through someone else - when you had a heart break followed by emotional imbalances, dejection, solitude, depression, tears, anger, fear, sleepless nights for years, and then one fine morning rising above the pain endured after exploring ourselves and walking to a realistic world, is the time when we conquer and love oneself and recognise the value of selfhood. A real life incident portrayed by Tiziana Stupia through this novel render her spiritu ...more
Edwina Laycock
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I met this author in the Himalayas with my Dad and had a great few days with her... We also had fun together in an ashram with a swami :D After we left she kindly gave her book to us as a gift.
I always love reading about India and thought that this book was written very well. A very interesting story with a great outlook on relationships - good to read if one is going through a break up as puts an interesting perspective on things.
Abeer Ghazanfar
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Inspirational only for die-hard yoga enthusiasts. For others, its just a nice coffee table read.
Stefanie
At some point it just couldn't keep my interest.
Jaideep Khanduja
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing

BOOK REVIEW: MEETING SHIVA BY TIZIANA STUPIA: MEETING AND KNOWING SELF

Meeting Shiva: Falling and Rising in Love in the Indian Himalayas by Tiziana Stupia is a journey of life. It is a journey in many ways – a journey to find your real self, a journey in search of truth, a journey to find out the real meaning of love, a journey to find out the real purpose of life, a journey beyond journey. It is in fact an autobiography presented in a very realistic and to
Marsha Scarbrough
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sex Meets Spirit
In Meeting Shiva, Tisiana Stupia falls in love with divine spirit and a mortal man who seems to embody it. Her journey tumbles her through lust, obsession, blissful ecstasy, delusion and deception. Immersed in Hindu culture, she ricochets between upper and lower chakras. She uses her ultimate brutal disillusion to explore her darkest depths and deepen her soul. Stupia’s mistakes of the heart struck a familiar chord with me as I suspect they will with many women, who will be encou
Arnav
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an enchanting love story between a European visiting India to seek meaning and inner peace and a monk who had embraced solitude.... They both were aware that they were playing with fire.

it is an interesting tale of inner turmoil,of passion, of spirituality and of secrets . it feels like you are hearing to someone who has witnessed this first hand than reading a story.
Kelly Miess
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was super excited to read this book based on the excellent reviews and my own connection to Shiva. Alas, I have to admit I only liked it. Though I respect the depth of the self reflection of the author, it just didn't grab me.
Mỹ Khương
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to reading the book.
Tanzeel
Feb 15, 2017
Gabby
rated it it was ok
May 23, 2015
I am a writer, yoga teacher, ayurvedic consultant, vedic fire ceremonies practitioner, and traveller. In the last six years, I have travelled the world extensively and recently completed a circumnavigation of the globe by cargo ship. Many of my adventures are detailed on my blog called ‘Travelling Priestess', which you can find at http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Tr...

I publish widely in magazin

News & Interviews

“No knife cuts as swiftly, deeply and precisely as the blade of the Beloved.” 3 likes