Start by marking “The Treatment (The Program, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Treatment (The Program, #2)

The Treatment (The Program #2)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  14,480 Ratings  ·  1,514 Reviews
Can Sloane and James survive the lies and secrets surrounding them, or will The Program claim them in the end? Find out in this sequel to The Program, which Publishers Weekly called “chilling and suspenseful.”

How do you stop an epidemic?

Sloane and James are on the run after barely surviving the suicide epidemic and The Program. But they’re not out of danger. Huge pieces of
Published April 29th 2014 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about The Treatment, please sign up.
Margaret Mae Why the hell would you do that? That defeats the purpose of reading... wtf?!
Tricia Burg I love them! The author writes with such detail and I love her use of words.

Natalia
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Emotional characters, shocking plot, and amazing ending. Very relatable and real.

I learned to love and hate the characters with a passion, and the plot twists drove me crazy. This book also had a lot more obvious themes and messages in it. Absolutely fantastic!
Molly
Jun 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
This was an okay story, and there were some interesting twists.

Sloane and James were both on the run in this book, and still undecided if one of them should take the pill which will allow them to regain their memories. I could see where they were both coming from, but it really seemed like the odds were against them all the time.

The storyline in this had a few twists which were good, but once again the pace was quite slow and it was a bit of a struggle to get through this. We did get some intere
Sophie
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wish I was kidding that I already finished this one. Woops.
awkwardlybookish
Aug 02, 2013 marked it as to-read
There is a sequel...THERE IS A SEQUEL?!?! My life=complete.
Jenni Arndt
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-own
There’s always something nerve wracking about going into the sequel to a book that you loved. I was a huge fan of The Program so my hopes were high that The Treatment would follow in it’s awesome footsteps. I am saddened to report that it really didn’t. This novel fell so flat with me that I almost DNFed it about 3 times. But then I would think about how much I loved The Program and how since this is a duology this was the last book in the series and I just had to see how everything played out.

I
Read InAGarden
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing book! This reader isn't going to spoil the book for those waiting with spoiler laden synopsis. Just know that James and Sloane and Realm are the focus of the story and there are a few familiar faces that reappear along side new ones. The Treatment wraps up all the loose ends from The Program and gives readers both a chapter six months after the main action of the book and an epilogue. This reader appreciates the decision to end the series in two books instead of manufacturing ext ...more
C.G. Drews
WELL. Second book blues? I think YES. I really loved The Program. It took me by surprise and squeezed 5-stars and ALL THE LOVE out of me. But The Treatment? For the first 50% nothing even happened except angsty arguments, creepy romantic advances, and a lot of junk food eating. I'm seriously disappointed.

There's a love-triangle between James, Sloane and Realm and it's downright AWFUL. I knew Realm had a "thing" for Sloane...but he just will not STOP. He's constantly making advances, but what's w
VictoriaSong
If I close my eyes and rub my hands together and chant out loud "there is no book like The Treatment" x3 and then I open my eyes; in my hands I will find the ARC of The Treatment ?_! I think yes please and thank you Suzanne Young :D

Sincerely your newest "The Program" fan,
Victoria <3
Irene△⃒⃘
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
4.2/5 ITA~ENG -NOW ADDED!-

"Varrebbe davvero la pena rischiare la vita per recuperare i ricordi?"

Direi di partire subito con quello che non mi è piaciuto.
Ricordo a tutti che il primo libro della serie ha il titolo di miglior libro letto nel 2016 e quindi le aspettative per questo erano veramente alte e il confronto veniva spontaneo durante la lettura.
Allora, ci sono delle parti tra James e Sloane che sono veramente troppo smielate, con delle sceneggiate di gelosia da parte di James che ho trov
Erin
Jun 19, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what happened here with this sequel whether it was the character's themselves or their sometimes stupid decisions that they would make, but man . . . I'm disappointed with this book. I mean, don't get me wrong here, this book still had some interesting moments here and there, but honestly what the hell happened to the awesomeness that I experienced from the first book???

With the first book I was all like this . . .

photo tumblr_n6ecvcLSAZ1r3wsyqo3_250_zps8bce9f81.gif

And now with the sequel I'm all like . . .

photo tumblr_mfbnanJ7bc1qb5gkjo1_500_zps63b23678.gif

Then leaving me with a f
Stacee
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic ending to the series and a perfect example that not everything needs to be a trilogy.

Love love loved the plot, there were so many twists and turns, I never knew what was going to happen next. And the swoons! I wasn't expecting there to be so many. Gah.

The ending was phenomenal and the epilogue was perfection. I can't wait to have a finished copy in my hands
~temera  makeeta~
I liked this series a lot, especially all the characters
they each had their own personalities, and they all grew throughout the books
I wished Cass didn't do what he did, I really did like him
I also really loved Realm, but I guess things happen
I loved Dallas' epilogue, but it made me cry
I'm glad James and Sloan stayed together through the whole series, they really are good together
the reasoning for the four stars and not five however, was the ending
it felt rushed, there was nothing 'big' about
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
*4.5 Stars*

"I won't lose you, Sloane," he whispers. "I'll kill him if I have to."
"I'd rather die."
Realm turns away. "That's what I'm afraid of."

I'm mixed on this one-right up front I'll say that I contemplated quite a bit on what to rate this because I felt like there were two different paces of story going on. Or maybe it's the fact that I got to read the first half in one chunk so all the emotions were raw and natural whereas the whole second half I was forced to read in bits and pieces when
Imagine this.
You live in a world similar to ours, with one exception: Suicide is an epidemic. If you show any signs of depression, you will be taken into the Program.
They will strip you off your memories and personality until you are nothing but an empty shell of a human being.
You will be rid of your passions, the people you love and completely disconnected from your old life. The doctors are passive-agressive and put on forced smiles and calm you down, to put a shot in your arm the next momen
Jamie-leigh Haughn
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
OOOOOKAY

So many things happened in this book, I don't even know where to start! I loved the first book and I think I loved this one even more! It took me a little while to get into the story but once I did, I couldn't put the book down! I felt myself second guessing everything and everyone while reading. I feel like I can't say anything without giving away spoilers, yet there is so much to talk about!

New characters were introduced and I really liked most of them and the old characters stories ju
 ⇝LEAH⇜

Ending: 3.2/5 Cliffhanger: Nope
Steam Factor 0-5: 3

Total: 2.7/5 STARS - GRADE=C-

⇝My Thoughts⇜

I wasn't feeling this, I don't know, the love triangle was beyond annoying in this second book...and I'm just wondering how I gave
Abigail the Fangirl
Nov 30, 2015 rated it liked it
The ending felt rushed and the love triangle was ANNOYING.
Jess
Feb 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mw, the-dystopian-lot
The Treatment, meet you’re extended kin: The conventional, and overextended YA dystopia family.

I’ve pretty much lost the plot by now. If you say read a YA dystopia, most likely I'll grant you a “bleh” in return. The dystopia and I were alright; friends, acquaintances, call it what you will. The relationship was amicable. Until only one side was giving it their all (shocker here guys, that side was me) and the other just cruised by, taking our friendship for granted. I ain’t stupid. I know when
Aisha
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Treatment is the second book in The Program duology/trilogy? Someone clarify please!

(view spoiler)
Lubna
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G
This was super good!! Super fast and intriguing !!!
Although the last few chapters were not as good, which is why i prefer trilogies- you could fit more plot and a better ending in a third book!
I felt distant from the characters as well :/ I really only felt bad for them, I did not get all emotional over the horrible things that were happening to them because the author did not give me enough to like them
However, all in all i recommend this series to everyone !! EVERYONE! It's really that
Tatiana
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Мне понравилось продолжение, даже при том, что главная героиня меня безумно раздражала. Очередная супер-чувствительная дама, которая ноет, плачет и всех винит. Ну да ладно. В сочетание с другими героями ее можно переварить и наслаждаться историей. Рада что автор не стала растягивать историю на еще одну или даже несколько книг. Знаю, что есть еще рассказы к серии, обязательно прочитаю в ближайшем будущем.
Logan Hughes
I was really hoping The Program would be a stand alone, and I'm a little curious about how this story will be able to successfully evolve into a series. But looking forward to this book!
Charnell (Reviews from a Bookworm)
Early ARC review

I first want to start off by saying that I love the pill cover, I think it works really well with the first book cover and ties in with the story. I thought the case cover was a really cool idea, like on the first book but I wasn't the biggest fan of the one for The Treatment. Now they're using it as the actual book cover and I'm even more disappointed.

Reviewing this book is really hard for me, especially since I loved the first book so much. But I can't lie, I was really disappo
Alessandra  Nicolini
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 STELLINE E MEZZO.

Recensito per il blog di LEGGEREROMANTICAMENTE:

Suzanne Young ha uno strano potere, quello di soffocarti con un’angoscia enorme e allo stesso tempo farti vibrare di un’eccitazione che ti fa SENTIRE VIVA.
E separare una sensazione dall’altra non è stato semplice come credevo.
All’inizio del libro ritroviamo Sloane e James, che durante la loro fuga si sono uniti a un gruppetto di RIBELLI, braccati anche loro dal Programma come fossero un’inf
Rose
Quick review for a very sluggish read (on my part, even if it only took me a day, realistically speaking). I honestly didn't like "The Treatment" much at all, but I'm giving it credit for some moments that were harrowing enough for the characters to invest me in pursuing it to the end. The problem is that there really wasn't a lot happening in this book with respect to the central conflict. It begins where it leaves off - the promise of Sloane and James taking off and making their escape from th ...more
Odette Knappers
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
Bleh. This felt like a forced, unnecessary sequel to The Program. I loved that book and The Remedy as well, but this book is giving me the same feeling as After You after Me Before You. It just doesn't add anything. (view spoiler)

I recommend The Program and The Remedy, I'm certainly going to read The Recovery, but I don't recommend this book.
Patricia Crowther
This doesn't even compare to how good The Program was. I am so disappointed! Considering they were rebels, what even did they do to warrant being called it? It was pretty uneventful and at times seriously lame with a few eye roll moments and way too much focus on the angsty love triangle. However I can at least now add 'lobotomized' to my list of words that are annoying to read repeatedly.

I'm not sure if this was originally planned as a duology as it felt like it was concluded somewhat. So a go
Aviendha
Test uygulamalı, oyunlu, koşturmacalı distopyaların arasında farklı bir yeri olan Program serisi, ikinci kitabıyla beklediğim etkiyi vermedi. Karakter gelişimi açısından zayıf, tek metaya bağlanmış bir bekleyiş hakim konuya. Zaten gerçekleşen olaylar da alışılagelmiş durumlarda yaşandığı için şaşırtmıyor. Ben seri gelişimini yetersiz buldum.
Abbie
Apr 13, 2015 rated it liked it
The characters in this were okay again, and I did feel sorry for them at points, as it seemed like nothing was going their way.

I found this one to be slightly better than book one, but it still wasn't great. Just like the first one, the pacing was slow, which made the story drag at points. It wasn't quite as bad though as some of the events were quite interesting.

Overall, An okay sequel.
  • Astray (Gated, #2)
  • Meridian (Arclight, #2)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • The Rules for Breaking (The Rules for Disappearing, #2)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Gasp (Visions, #3)
  • Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)
  • Emergent (Annex, #2)
  • Once We Were (The Hybrid Chronicles, #2)
  • The Hunt (Project Paper Doll, #2)
  • Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2)
  • Resist (Breathe, #2)
  • Just Like Fate
  • The Uprising (The Forsaken, #2)
  • Toxic Heart (Mystic City, #2)
  • In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink, #2)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
Suzanne Young is the New York Times bestselling author of The Program, The Treatment, and several other novels. She currently lives in Tempe, Arizona where she teaches high school English and obsesses about books. Learn more about Suzanne at www.suzanne-young.blogspot.com
More about Suzanne Young

The Program (6 books)
  • The Program (The Program, #1)
  • The Remedy (The Program, #3)
  • The Epidemic (The Program, #4)
  • The Adjustment (The Program, #5)
  • The Complication (The Program, #6)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“You matter.” 47 likes
“It's taken me all this time, all this loss, to realize what really matters is now.” 44 likes