Start by marking “The Wright Brothers At Kitty Hawk” as Want to Read:
The Wright Brothers At Kitty Hawk

The Wright Brothers At Kitty Hawk

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The story of Orville and Wilbur Wright and their history making flight.
Published January 1st 1987 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1961)

To ask other readers questions about The Wright Brothers At Kitty Hawk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wright Brothers At Kitty Hawk

Denise
Feb 24, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a scholastic book that I originally bought for my grandson. After reading it I didn't think he would like it so I didn't give it to him. Having spent most of my life in Ohio, I enjoyed reading this biography of Orville and Wilbur Wright. Very short of course, written for kids but it had a lot of information about what they went through to fly a "powered" machine. I wonder what they would think of a Boeing 747 or some of the stealth fighter planes of today?
Teresa
Jul 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
A quick read about the Wright Brothers and their adventures at Kitty Hawk. It's sure to grab the attention of future engineers currently in elementary school. As an adult, I enjoyed the humor and rapport that Wilbur and Orville had with each other. A nice, elementary school appropriate biography. Four and a half stars!
Jeremy
this biography was a good one. it was about two brothers who were very intelligent. they wanted to follow there dream being able to create a piece of machinery that could fly. these brothers are orvil and wilber wright. this book tells of there life obstacles in making this dream come to life. i learned alot from the about why it is important to never give up on your dream no matter what obstacles get in the way.
Robby Amoruso
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
I didn't really like this book because I am not a fan of historical books and it mainly talked about the wright brothers and what they did when they were in Kitty Hawk and how they flew the fist plane
Silvana
This is a fun, easy-to-read account for one of the most amazing discoveries in the 20th century. I think not only children will like it, but also people who think biographies are boring and way too long to read.
Andrea
Mar 17, 2009 rated it it was ok
easy to read...slightly boring...
Ayla
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I honestly did not think I would like this book when I first started it but then after a few chapters I loved it! I love that they never gave up, and followed their dream!
Corinna
Nov 07, 2011 rated it liked it
I learned a lot about the Wright Brothers. I had no idea how close they were to quitting their pursuit of flying until they were encouraged by a mentor...goes to show we all need encouragement.
Laura Verret
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
An excellent children's biography of the Wright Brothers. I especially appreciated the fact that the author did not give the characters attitudes.
Candy
Sep 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i think this book is interesting of how people invented new things and that awesome
Donald J. Sobol was an award-winning writer best known for his children's books, especially the Encyclopedia Brown mystery series. Mr. Sobol passed away in July of 2012.
More about Donald J. Sobol...