Start by marking “Marooned with the Maverick” as Want to Read:
Marooned with the Maverick

Marooned with the Maverick

(Montana Mavericks: Rust Creek Cowboys #1)

Rust Creek Ramblings
Seducing the Schoolteacher?
We apologize, dear readers, for our brief hiatus in publication. The offices of the Rust Creek Rambler were damaged in the Great Flood, but we are now filing our reports from a bar stool at the Ace in the Hole. And do we have scandalous news for you!
We have it on good authority that during the storm, gorgeous rapscallion Col
Published July 1st 2013 by Harlequin Special Edition (first published June 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Marooned with the Maverick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marooned with the Maverick

Susan
Very good book. It starts out with the river flooding out half the town. Willa is trapped in her car and Collin is the one who rescues her. Willa is glad to be safe but not real happy that it was Collin who did it. Four years ago she had made advances to him and been rejected. Hurt and humiliated she does her best to avoid him now. Being trapped together makes her realize that she was being silly and she and Collin decide to let the past be and become friends. Over the next few days she sees a s ...more
Olivia Farr
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-reviews
MAROONED WITH THE MAVERICK is a cute and quick romance read. The story begins with a bang- Rust Creek is flooding and Willa is in trouble. Luckily, Collin sees her and is able to rescue her from her car. However, Willa still hasn't forgiven him for dancing with her and then turning her down four years earlier. Her plan of avoiding him forever is coming to an end when they must shelter in the barn overnight.

After a nighttime cuddle, they end up spending more time together and mostly putting the p
Pcch2345
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting storyline, against the backdrop of a flood; showcasing small town community all coming together to help each other in time of need...the book blurb gives an idea of the storyline...he is a trouble maker and she is the good girl, and both of them have been aware of each since childhood (perks of living in small town that everyone knows everyone), and, so, this event brings them together, they get to spend time with teach other, chit chat and eventually get onto their HEA...I've alread ...more
Tonya Warner
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Willa Christensen has been on the run from Colin Traub for years. Growing up with him being the wild child Traub, she has known him her whole life. She had even been rejected by him after throwing herself at him. But it isn't until she is stranded with him during a devasting flood in the county that she really gets to know him.

Colin Traub is the bad boy he has always appeared. He might have saved Willa, but he is not going to sleep with her. Well, maybe after they get done saving themselves, and
Ti
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
sweet.
Keily Pamela
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Y el antiguo Chico malo de los Traub solo tenía ojos para su novia”

Me pareció un buen libro, y me llamo mucho la atención.

El hecho de que se conocieran y el hecho de que se deseaban desde antes, me dio mera curiosidad para adentrarme en su historia, allí tuvieron obstáculos. Si, pero ambos supieron cómo sobrellevar las cosas.

Ame cada pagina de este libro, me hizo recordar que aún existen amores que valen la pena
Maura
Rhonda
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

Montana Mavericks: Rust Creek Cowboys continuity series.

Marooned with the Maverick was a good story. I liked the plot. The characters. Could have done withou love scenes. Like the town coming together to take care of each other in a crisis.

Willa for the last four years every time she saw Collin come into a room she would leave. She wanted no part of him. Willa is trying to get out to her folks ranch to check on her runaway dog and gets trapped in her car.

Collin is right behind her going t
Paula Legate
This was an Awesome story. Some parts had me holding my breath, the action, suspense, and Romance was a perfect blend.

Willa, and Collin knew each other as kids. They secretly had always had a crush on each other. Willa had always run away from Collin anytime she saw him. Collin had a reputation of being the town bad boy. Willa was now a school teacher. Willa got to see who Collin really was when he saved her during the flood. He also stood up, to help the town out. Willa liked what she saw. Col
Melody Cox
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable book with interesting characters, finding love and how a town pulls together after a devastating flood.

We have the gorgeous rapscallion Collin Traub who was branded a trouble maker, the town bad boy, a heart-breaker and womanizer. That does not paint a pretty picture but he has changed in the last couple of years but no one has taken the time to notice.

Our heroine is the beautiful and beloved kindergarten teacher, Willa Christensen. She has had Collin on the brain and in
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Collin and Willa. Colin is the town bad boy while Willa is a kindergarten teacher. Willa find that Collin is very annoying when he kept following her around and they seems to have crush on each other though they were too young to know that. But when Collin rejected Willa’s advances on her 21st birthday, Willa have been avoiding him since. The story started with Willa caught in the middle of the flood and her car was swept away. Collin who happened to be nearby, saved ...more
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
This was a double win for me, being a fan of Christine Rimmer and Montana Mavericks. This was a quick paced book. The story centered around a flood that tore through the small town of Rust Creek Falls. For many in the east coast Hurricane Sandy is still fresh in their minds, in 2012 the Hurricane obliterated a substantial chunk of the Atlantic seaboard.

The heroine has been avoiding Colin for the past four years, he walks into a room and she walks out. After getting saved by Colin during the town
Morgan
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted here: http://nothingbetterthanabook.blogspo...

This was an intense book from the very beginning. It was a really good read. The characters were perfect for each other, but wouldn't do anything about it. It got to the point where I was starting to get frustrated with them. They did finally end up realizing it though. Even before that, they had developed a really good friendship that was really sweet.

This book seemed to go really fast. The whole book took place over the time when
babyfishmouth
I really enjoyed the setting of this book. It opens with a devastating flood that wipes out part of a small mountain town in Montana. During the aftermath of the flood, Willa and Collin become friends then lovers. They knew each other growing up and both had crushes on each other yet neither acted on it because he’s a bad boy and she’s a good- girl. Apparently in Montana, bad boys can’t date good girls? It’s this lack of believable conflict that kept me from fully engaging in the romance. Also, ...more
Wanda
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Willa and Collin were throwing together after 4 years of Willa avoiding him. The chemistry is defiantly there between them, subtle at first but defiantly there. Collin has always been the bad boy of the small town and he is trying to do the right thing with Willa but she is making it difficult. Collin doesn’t care what the town thinks of him but he does worry about Willa’s reputation.

The storyline was easy to get into and had a great flow, nothing super steamy and hot but a nice romantic read.

AR
Dyan
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started this book, not knowing the theme and was quickly drawn into the story. While reading Marooned with the Maverick, the real Colorado flooding was occurring. It was interesting to read this book while a parallel story was happening in real life.

This is a truly well written book that had me cheering for the main characters! I can't wait to read the following books and hope to see these two again!
Anita Hayes
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Collin and Willa's story. For a change, Mr. Bad boy was trying so hard to do the right thing. Low on self esteem but high on adrenaline, he was in a tough bind thinking he wasn't good enough for the Kindergarten teacher though he wanted her so bad. Worried about the towns people and the flood, and Willa's reputation all at the same time, and wondering how he could ever measure up to what she deserved. Highly recommend this book. Great job Christine. Can not wait for the next one.
Harlequin Books
"Rimmer's romance is a pleasure to read, filled with belly laughs and a tragedy that gives the tale its realism, as well as a bucolic setting that radiates small-town wholesomeness." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: Montana Mavericks: Rust Creek Cowboys
Category: Home and Family

Sumit
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love is unconditional, it is able to overlook flaws and also tries to bring out the best in the beloved; it never tries to change the beloved but still makes him/her realist how special they are, and gives space too....patience is painful..but love makes u do things that otherwise u would never think of doing....
Loved out :)
Jenn Scranton
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Really cute afternoon book. It was pretty somber and simple. Basically, two people opening their eyes to each other after a tragedy. Perfect book to read on a rainy day considering it is about a lot of rain and damage.

Though this image was in my mind through most of it...
Sally Hannoush
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a nice Dear Reader letter the author included in this book. I liked how the story had a past H/H connection and the disaster opened this connection back up. The book started off strong but then seemed to loose its fuel as we went along. The writing is good and had likable characters.
Kobie
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF. just not for me...
Sonya Heaney
Review copy.
Amy
Good book for people that like love storys....I do..
Kristina
I don't normally read these books, but wanted to try something different for a change. It wasn't awful!
Susan Dalley
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read. As always, with Christine Rimmer, good characters, a plot that moved, with some good twists.
Alisha
Jun 04, 2019
Kim
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
New York Times bestselling author Christine Rimmer has written more than one hundred contemporary romances for Harlequin Books. She has won Romantic Times BOOKreview’s Reviewer’s Choice Award for best Silhouette Special Edition. She has been nominated seven times for the Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA award and five times for Romantic Times Series Storyteller of the Year.

A Californ

Montana Mavericks: Rust Creek Cowboys (6 books)
  • The Maverick's Summer Love
  • The Maverick & the Manhattanite
  • Marrying Dr. Maverick (Montana Mavericks: Rust Creek Cowboys, #4)
  • A Maverick under the Mistletoe