Start by marking “Maddie's Marine” as Want to Read:
Maddie's Marine

Maddie's Marine

A (Very) Short Story - Approx 6901 words

Newspaper reporter Maddie Forester once had a hot affair with Marine major Ryan Cavanaugh. But that was months ago, and Ryan wants nothing to do with her now. When they meet up by accident in Hawaii, they find out their affair isn't quite as final as either of them thought. It's still red-hot and sizzling! A (very) short story from U
ebook, Smashwords, 31 pages
Published May 19th 2013 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Maddie's Marine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maddie's Marine

Start your review of Maddie's Marine
Maria
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lynn Raye Harris is well known as an author of sizzling, contemporary romance.

Readers who are already familiar with her work and romance readers who are longing to try out a new writer would certainly enjoy this short but action packed read. Many novelists find the short story form rather daunting, but Lynn Raye Harris packs a lot into this novella meant especially for e readers. The result is a short ebook which will satisfy readers who enjoy contemporary romance.

When Maddie and Ryan meet on th
Nancy Crocker
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
In Maddie's Marine by Lynn Raye Harris, Maddie Forester is a war correspondent who writes a blistering article for the magazine The World News. In the article she likens Marine Major Ryan Cavanaugh leadership to that of a petty dictator and compares him to Hitler. The major ends up getting relieved of duty and transferred. But a chance meeting in Hawaii brings these two back together. And one thing is for sure, neither one can forget the passion that they shared.

I do have one compliant, I love
Nas Dean
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved the story and the romance was hot!
Jan
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
loved this book however far too short :) going by this I am going to love Hot Pursuit ops books by Lynn just a taste what is yet to come
TashNz
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great to read during lunchtime when you're out eating your lunch! VERY looking forward to HOT series :)
Nikki
This was a pretty short but sweet story. I liked that even though we didn't have a lot of time to get to know the characters, there was enough of their history mentioned for it to not feel like a love at first sight type of situation. I am looking forward to more in depth stories from this author!
"What do you intend, Major?"
"As much as I can get away with, Maddie."

I would even love to see a full length book for Ryan and Maddie! ;)
Lucy
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book Maddie's Marine by Lynn Raye Harris, it's a very short read, i read it in my lunch break thats was fine, Ryan the hot Marine went down well with my lunch.
the story is of a newspaper reporter Maddie, who reports on a war zone, There is a sandstorm Maddie thakes refuge in Rayan's tent, Hell it got hot in that tent, i won't tell you anymore but i recommend this book
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Not bad for a quick freebie, I would have liked more detail about some of the events but can see why that's not possible when there are only 30 pages.

I'd be interested to read a full length novel by this author where she has more time for character development
Char (1RadReader59)
This is a short story of thirty-one pages about a Marine and a reporter who met when he was to protect her while she was on a story in Iraq.
Major Ryan Cavanaugh a gorgeous 6’4”, green-eyed, a hunk of a man with a major six pack. Knew she would trouble the minute she stepped off the Humvee. Well, after one glorious night stuck in a sand storm together he promised to protect her. On that night she fell in love.
But when her paper runs with a part of the story that makes the Major look bad, she is
Jessica (JT)
Nov 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own, kindle
Saw this available for free and thought I'd give it a try since it had such great reviews and I've heard good things about the author. This is a very short story but it's not even written well. I will not be looking into more by this author.
Tonya
Jul 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

Good and quick story - more plot than smut which is nice. I would consider reading this author again for the right book and time.
Sophie (Blogger)
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Major Ryan Cavanaugh is a former Marine, Maddie Forester is the reporter that ruined his career. When Maddie came to the war zone where Ryan was fighting, she was there for a story, although it wasn't the one she told Ryan about. Instead she published a different story, one that told lies about him and the Marine's he was in charge of.

Meeting in Hawaii was something they never expected to happen, Maddie is there for a story with her boss/maybe boyfriend, Ryan is there as a get away from his lif
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good short story. It has enough background to let you get a feel for the characters and their history so although it was short, it wasn't lacking in the story. This was the first story I've read by this author but based on this I think I'll try more.

Maddie was a journalist in Iraq. She was stationed with Major Ryan (her Marine) and they had a tumultuous relationship. Maddie wrote an article that caused problems for Ryan and never thought she'd see him again when they split
Elizabeth Bennet
Sep 08, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a pleasant second chance romance. It has the built marine by the name of Major Ryan Cavanaugh who steps back into the life of Maddie. She is a journalist and met Ryan when covering a story on him. The past left the two with broken hearts. Can they patch up the past pain that can never be changed? I liked the pain that was alive when the two meet after the damage was done. I just wished the author would have taken a longer approach in convincing her readers of the intensity. It had pain, ...more
Donna
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing short story from one of the USA's Today bestselling authors Lynn Raye Harris!

In this story it follows a Newspaper reporter called Maddie Forester. Maddie once had a steaming hot affair with Marine major Ryan Cavanaugh. That was months ago. Ryan now wants nothing to do with Maddie now. When Ryan and Maddie accidently meet up in Hawaii. They both find out their affair isn't quite as final as either of them imagined. There's still red-hot and sizzling attraction between them! Ca
Michelle
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I downloaded this short story when it was free on Amazon and was not disappointed. This is a reunion between Maddie and Ryan, who met when she was a journalist embedded with his Marine unit. Much of the backstory takes place off-stage, but the reader is given enough information to understand that not only is their lust still simmering, but they have some deep, unresolved feelings for each other. There was a hint of sex, but no descriptions of sex acts, in this story.

I was pleasantly surprised an
Angel **Book Junkie**
I have never read anything by Lynn Raye Harris but I can say that I am going to purchase Hot Pursuit VERY SOON! I really liked the book and I loved the writing style.. The only trouble I had with the entire story was Tom because he just made no sense to me. Why in the world if you loved someone like Ryan would you choose to even "date" a guy like him..I think that was the only thing in this entire story that turned me off! Other than that I loved me some Maggie and Ryan and wish that there was m ...more
Kristin
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is advertised as a very short story and that is true. Ryan is a Marine and Maddie is a reporter. They spent an incredible night together in his tent only for him to find out that she wrote a scathing article about him. The article lead to his demotion and transfer, effectively ending his advancement potential. These two people run into each other later and realize that they love each other.

Very short but it was okay, just not very hot at all.
Peni
Aug 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I am only able to give Maddie's Marine three stars because while the ability of the writer comes through the story is just to disjointed. It reflects back on events in such a way that it isn't until it is pretty much over that the reason for being is even revealed. There was no real beginning, middle and end. When the end came it was like from out of no where. I don't recommend this story as it stands now but will probably give the author another chance.
Maura
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jessica
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
I would consider this a short short Romance novel. Not fully developed story. Like I said, its short. There is a large back story that just isn't included in this book, which I really wanted. And the conclusion felt more like Lynn just didn't have the correct build up to the end. I liked the story, it just wasn't enough I guess. Maybe they are mentioned in her other books. I could be happy with that.
Jane
Maddie's Marine is about conflict resolution between these two. She made a mistake while she was a war correspondent in a war zone and he made a mistake in judgment that had nothing to do with Maddie. The attraction is stronger than the conflict as these two find a hot sexy solution to the conflict that has nothing to do with war.
Stefanie
I enjoyed this book, who doesn't love a hot Marine. Never read anything else by this author but looking fwd to reading Hot Pursuit. I guess my only criticism would be Tom (he served no real purpose) and the middle (didn't realize that weeks had passed after their hotel scene until a couple of pages later).
Diana Tan
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this short story! Short but complete. It won't leave you feeling like you're left hanging. If this is just a taste of Lynn Raye Harris' upcoming release, Hot Pursuit, then I can't wait for that book!!! HOT and passion-filled!
Ashley Hedden
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. Being a woman who grew up with a marine grandfather and now navy vet husband, I love military stories.This one did not disappoint. Everyone needs to read this free book.
Jenni Shaw-olsen
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: military
way too fast paced not much detail and not much of a story line... this book could have soo much potential like all of her books in the HOT series.... But it seems like she was not going for quality on this book.
Carien
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and forgiving. It is indeed a very short but very sweet story of the realisation of love. It seems absence does make the heart grow fonder. I have read this a few times since its release.
Renee Entress
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
Really loved the story but wish that it was longer.
Angela Blount
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-story, romance
Free on Amazon!

A surprising depth of emotion for such a short romance read. A good taste of Lynn Raye Harris's capacities, and incentive for hunting down more of her works.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Never Look Back (Criminal Profiler, #3)
  • Contracted for the Petrakis Heir
  • The Baby Deal
  • Confessions of an Italian Marriage
  • Little Secrets: Secretly Pregnant
  • The CEO's Unexpected Child (Millionaires of Manhattan, #4)
  • The Boyfriend Arrangement
  • The Return of Her Billionaire Husband
  • One Night on the Virgin's Terms
  • Penniless Virgin to Sicilian's Bride
  • The Bride's Baby of Shame
  • Vows to Save His Crown (Harlequin Presents Book 3827)
  • Moretti's Marriage Command
  • The Innocent's One-Night Surrender
  • Imprisoned by the Greek's Ring
  • My Bought Virgin Wife
  • The Man to Be Reckoned With
  • Blackmailed by the Greek's Vows
Lynn Raye Harris is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of sizzling military romantic suspense novels and contemporary romance novels. She lives in Alabama with her husband (former military), her cat, and her American Saddlebred horse.

Find me on Amazon!