Start by marking “Stop Hoping... Start Hunting!: A Job Seeker's Guide to Finding Their Job” as Want to Read:
Stop Hoping... Start Hunting!: A Job Seeker's Guide to Finding Their Job

Stop Hoping... Start Hunting!: A Job Seeker's Guide to Finding Their Job

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
There are many self-help books out there that teach you how to be effective at interviewing and job hunting. This book takes the next step by looking internally as well as externally at what it takes to find your ideal job. In turn, it demonstrates how to build that successful career you have always wanted. It is never too late to take an honest look at yourself and your c ...more
Published September 3rd 2013 by J Hill Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Stop Hoping... Start Hunting!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stop Hoping... Start Hunting!

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Stop Hoping... Start Hunting!: A Job Seeker's Guide to Finding Their Job
Barbara
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Very inspiring book for all job seekers which give countless examples of how to get closer to your dream job. I would certainly recommend it particularly to the inhabitants of the United States, Canada and others bigger countries, unfortunately some things are inapplicable for me since I live in a small country on Balkans. Things here are just totally different from abroad.
If you need encouragement to give up your boring job and finally boldly start pursuing your dream job, then this is the rig
Teena in Toronto
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
No, I'm not looking for another job. I read this book because I was given the opportunity to read and review it ... it sounded interesting and it's good stuff to know.

The chapters include:

* Should you make a move and/or change jobs
* Finding the job
* Innovative ways to get hired
* The resume
* The mental side of your search
* The interview?
* After the interview

This book is for everyone, whether you are just starting out in the workforce or have been wanting to leave/just left a job after 30 years. S
Emma
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found this a really valuable book, given I had to pull the pin on my job that I loved, to escape an untenable situation. My headspace wasn't in great nick, so I very much appreciated the parts of this that focused on the internal side of things. As I'm in Australia, a few things weren't relevant, but overall, I liked the way this book was written - very accessible and easy to read. Also made me feel quite empowered!
Sandy