Start by marking “Red Threads (The Fateliner Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Red Threads (The Fateliner Series #1)

Red Threads

(The Fateliner Series #1)

Twenty-six-year-old Lily Robinson has her dream job in a museum, a great boyfriend, and is happy with her life – until the day she starts seeing red threads growing out of the chests of those around her.

That same day Lily meets a stranger who seems to know her and understand what she is seeing. Lily doesn't believe him when he says she has a special ability, and it's only
Published June 12th 2013 (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Red Threads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Threads

megHan
I enjoyed this story. The idea behind the book and even one of the characters (Aver) were really good, but it took me forever to get into it - it just seemed so slow, no matter what was going on.

I am interested in reading the next book in the series, though, because there were some good parts and I would like to see where the story goes from here.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
Read this review and more at www.suchanovelida.com

Why You Should Buy It

The red-thread theory isn’t something new, but Mitchell provides a unique spin on the idea that we are all connected. And the romance in the book isn’t cliche — it is something real and heart-wrenchingly beautiful.

My Thoughts

*I received this e-book in exchange for an honest review.*

When I promoted the cover reveal for this book, I knew it was something I was going to want to read. When Stacey J. Mitchell asked me to review to
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I got this book free from Story Cartel in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Stacey Mitchell has managed to write a book that is full of interest, situations and fun. How she has written this had me laughing out loud on more than one occasion with the interplay between Aver and Lily. One of the best parts for me is that Lily was 'normal' - well, as normal as you can be when you keep getting struck by migraine type headaches, see red threads coming from people's chests and demons.

Lily has a s
Ginny Lurcock
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pages-301-500
It took me a little while to get into this book, not gonna lie. I can't quite put my finger on why, but there was just something about it at the beginning that didn't jive with me.

What I can tell you is that by the end of the book I was in my "I'll eat when I finish one more chapter ... " mode, so whatever it was didn't last.

A different kind of paranormal romance, Red Threads was interesting. And I always feel bad when I call a book interesting. I fell like it's the same as saying someone has a
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
As a first novel I must commend Mitchell on a fabulous story. Now I'm not normally the type that would really get into a weird paranormal plot that included anything close to being called a "demon". Somehow, though, it works. I'm not sure I'd call it "believable" in the way your run-of-the-mill crime drama might play out but it's not so off the wall that it's freaky.

Lily leads a nice, normal life with a job she enjoys and a long-term boyfriend. A freak incident sparks concern when she sees red t
Carly
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book about Lily, a "Fateliner", which is a new kind of paranormal character for me. I do read a lot of paranormal stuff, so I like it when something a little bit different than what I usually read comes along. This one filled the bill on that nicely. I liked the way the author developed the "world" of the novel, and I have to admit that I'm never disappointed when it gets a little demonic! The action of the novel was also well-written. I recommend this as a good (but not great) re ...more
Tukuma
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would definitely recommend this book. In the beginning it is very cliché and you think, (or at least I did) that you know was is going to happen, but then the unexpected happens. And when you think about it, you realize it was the right thing. I liked it, but I would have loved some more details. I can't wait to read nr.2 :))
Yassmin Sanders
I rather enjoyed this light-hearted romance with a supernatural bent. The main character is likeable and believable and the author has a keen sense of humour that is well-communicated. I look forward to reading the next instalment!
Michelle (Scarborg)
I read this book for a tour---you can find my review here and on Classy Cat Books on October 3.
Varvara Danilova
SD
Annah
Shelley
Jun 05, 2013

• Ghost Hold (The PSS Chronicles, #2)
  • Finding Meara (An Adven Realm Adventure, Vol. 1)
  • The Scribe (Mindjack Origins, #3)
  • Data Runner (Data Runner #1)
  • Temptation (Solitary Tales, #3)
  • Ignite the Shadows (Ignite the Shadows, #1)
  • Sons of Zeus (The Warrior Trilogy, #1)
  • Alternate Susan
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Volume 2
  • Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1)
  • Prince of Tyre (Sword of the Gods Saga, #2)
  • Healing the Hunter
  • The Unwanted (The FBI Psychics, #3.5)
  • Fire & Shadow (Hand of Kali, #1)
  • Shifting Fate (Descendants #2)
  • just_a_girl
  • Goldcord Asylum
  • Hybrid (House of Slide, #2)
I am a tea drinker and history geek who lives in south Wales. I love reading, being outdoors, cooking, and stand-up comedy—but I don't like bananas and insects.

I have been writing stories ever since I could hold a pen. I have a degree in Egyptology, and I love writing so much that I even enjoyed my university coursework.

Red Threads is my first novel (but will be the first of many).

Connect with m