Start by marking “Change of Heart (Change of Heart, #1)” as Want to Read:
Change of Heart (Change of Heart, #1)

Change of Heart

(Change of Heart #1)

Persevere.

That's how I've gotten through nineteen years of life. It's what I do every single day—no matter how badly the odds are stacked against me.

Persevere, and survive.

Those are my two guiding words. I never knew either of my parents. I have no family and no home. The only person I could ever rely on was myself. In this cruel world, that's about as much as I could ask
Published May 19th 2013 by Scarlett Edwards

To ask other readers questions about Change of Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Change of Heart

Start your review of Change of Heart (Change of Heart, #1)
Ashleyjo
Jan 19, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When the blurb tells you that the fMC's guiding words in life are "persevere" and "survive," it leads you to believe you'll be dealing with someone with some gumption; probable intelligence; and, at the very least, a brain in her f'ing head, right?

Hum, no.

Penny, AKA the dimnit fMC, allows pathological liar roommate (whom she'd only known a few weeks before moving out of state with) to steal from her, treat her as a maid, use rent money to buy drugs and get them evicted, etc etc etc.

Now she's
Jacob Proffitt
This book is an action thriller with a heaping lot of sex thrown in for kicks. It works okay if you don't submit it to any undue scrutiny. Richard is a little too dreamy and broken. Penny is a little too dopey and broken. Richard's motivations can't withstand much scrutiny and Penny's inner turmoil likewise. If you give them both the benefit of the doubt, and maintain a relatively superficial understanding of what love is, you'll probably like the book alright.

A note about Steamy: This book is
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Damn, I'm exhausted after reading this book... There is a lot going on, a whole lot that I still don't know what's going on! And the story goes very fast, too fast. One other good thing is, she is not a runner, woohoo! She stays! Stupid but not irritating... And it is a cliffhanger... If its not, then I just went on a ride with no destination...
Sorilla
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"I'm pissed. Seriously, I'm pissed"
That's how this story started and this how I feel right now! Give me, Give me, give me NOW the next book like that, damn you, Amazon!
Adrienne
May 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
I had a very hard time with this book. The hero did something so reprehensible and potentially dangerous that I just couldn't get past it and I don't know how Penny could either. The plot was convoluted, full of twists and turns in the worst possible way.

There is a sequel coming out later that I can't see myself reading.
Heather andrews
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Penelope is a saucy lil' thang, "I appreciate the gesture, but I don't particularly like being called 'my girl.' Especially by someone I don't even know..." Rich he's a woman's dream, "hold on there, little lady. Nobody said anything about me sleeping with you. You've got to wine and dine me first," he jokes. "Impress me a little." An ingratiating smile spreads across his lips. "I'm not that easy." Penny is also a feisty thing, "well, let me see," I start. "I know nothing about what's going on. ...more
Cara Q
Jun 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book was horrible. The story line wasn't so bad, but the author failed to deliver any form of character development or create an type of emotions for us readers to feel. Everything moved so fast, so unorganized and was very ambiguous at every turn. This story really surprised me that there were any ratings above a two star. I finished the book, because I finish every book I start, but I really wish I didn't waste my money!
Tia
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
The whole novel was officially worthless. When you get down to the end, you get a bit of a HEA but it doesn't finish off the story. What kind of crack pot wrote this?
Dina Rivera
Jun 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
Where do I start.... How about at the beginning. I feel as if I was hosed. See I usually read the sample of a book before I purchase it, unless it's an author I know and love. Well this book starts off good and right where the sample cuts off it leaves you wanting to continue. Don't! Right after, the book takes an unexpected turn into BORING! It goes on and on and on and nothing happens except they are running from some thugs but it's stupid and they like each other but they don't want to be ...more
This was a great sophomore effort from Scarlett. I'm still partial to YOURS TO SAVOR. I think that one's plot was brilliantly realized. That's not to say this one wasn't. I just wasn't pulled into the story as much as I was with her first. I liked Penelope and Rich together. They had great chemistry and humor.

I'm gonna sit on this one for a while. Let it soak in. I think they're might be another book in this series. But I'm not sure.
Leslie
Aug 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
The most I can say about this book is that the author shows potential with unique plot lines, but characterization is sorely lacking. These characters are barely tolerable, much less likeable. I won't be reading the sequel.
May 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Totally didn't expect this!
I didn't really like it .... Not something in particular but I just didn't get a pleasant reading experience from this book. And ofcourse it had to be a cliffhanger, that just did it for me. So not reading book nr 2!
Yesi ~ LLL
May 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book just wasn't for me. Sorry. :( A whole lot of nothing happens and then it ends. I don't think I'll be reading book 2 even after the huge cliffhanger ending of this one.
Raisa
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Rich and Penny's story was one of a kind. But I wanted more of them. MORE!!!! >_<
Becca Booksreview
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Penny has had the worst night of her life, her Bestfriend/roommate Abby has gotten them kicked out of their apartment, and instead of paying the rent with the money that Penny gave her she bought drugs instead. Now Penny is sitting in a bar trying to figure out her next move. When she meets a sexy stranger who is giving her what she needs for a night... a place to stay. Penny hasn't had an easy life, she grew up never knowing her parents, lived in an orphanage till she was 18 and out of the ...more
Nichole McNamara
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
The story starts as Rich and Penny meet and the circumstances that lead to them being in the same place at the same time. Both characters are likable right from the start.

What seems like just another one night stand quickly becomes something much much more and not in the way everyone would expect it to.

They quickly get swept up in a dangerous ride where the past is threatening both of their lives.

I really enjoyed the connection they seem to have and how the author made it take time for them to
Jaime
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Change of Heart is an ideal addition to the new adult scene that's so popular right now. Edwards' book is contemporary, mysterious, suspenseful and has just enough spice added to the mix without going overboard. The characters get to dabble with day-to-day matters which helps readers relate to them more often throughout the storyline. The rocky relationship between Penny and Rich is realistic, but it was a little difficult to really feel a true connection between them. The interesting plot will ...more
Vidhi Chheda
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
I guess the new phrase should be don't judge a book by its blurb.

This book was so disappointing. I dont know whats wrong with me, coz all the books I was excited to read turned out to be disappointing. And mercy thompson (a book i had no expectation from) turned out to be soo amazing.

The book took a real unexpected turn. the end was abrupt, the chemistry was good but the love part was forced on me. I could digest if they had strong feelings, but falling in love just made me go wtf.

All in all,
Miranda W
-_- I cant believe this is the same person who is currently finishing up the Uncovering You series...I read 1&2 of this BS book...it was soooooooo "fantasy land", things a girl wants to hear, blah blah blah! Omg. I am al for a cute, loving romance book, but wtf! It was the cheesiest crap that I had to get through. I may being a little harsh, but it was like a 13 year old written it. I liked the actual story of the couple, but that is it.
Sara Luck
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and can't wait for the next one. Penny is an orphan trying to make a new start at a community college in Oregon. After finding out her roommate has spent her rent money on drugs and being evicted she settles in for a quick drink at a bar and meets Rich. Somehow her one night stand turns into a big mess of scary adventure. The story is to be continued and I can't wait.
Lengs Dzaster  IceGothHeart
Aug 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
I don't even know why I read the book. Blame the curiosity I thought and most of time I ended up browsing rather than reading.
So many thoughts and idea but no clear clarification.
Well it's kind of disturbing having heroin that willing to go along with stranger hero. What ever. .. It's time wasting for me anyway.
Paula (Poll) Conway
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was a bit up and down at times with parts of the storey rushed and a bit rough round the edges , other parts really sweet and touching , I did enjoy it however and probably will read the second book , it doesn't end exactly on a cliffy but there is more to the story .
Vicky
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book!!! I love how Rich goes back to get Penny from Victor and Tam. I also love how he is protective of Penny :) I read this book from start to finish in about 1hr. Loved It. Can't wait for part 2!!!
Michelle Rodriguez
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Yeah so this story wasn't all that it was made up to be. It started out okay and other parts of the book were alright but it just kinda seemed all over the place.
Kim  Brewing
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this, but please tell me there is another book coming.....it doesn't feel like a complete story.
Aurelie
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good adventure, well-written. & a wonderful love story. You can't ask for more. Looking foward for the next one.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
This book gave me whip lash, so much drama, so much happening, female character towards the end was starting to piss me off big time, will she stay, will she leave Arrgghhh!!
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
Disappointed...didn't hold my attention..I found my self scrolling through my kindle every couple of pages til the end, not going to purchase part 2.
Marie
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got completely hooked up by this book. The story gets quickly very interesting and you follow the characters in their adventures wondering what will come next. In addition to quick paced action you get the feelings of a lonely girl discovering love. I know that it does sound impossible to find love in a week (as in this book) but on my personal experience I can say it isn't, especially when 2 people are so attracted to each other, spend so much time together and in such complicated situation! ...more
Vania Nunes
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vania by: Scarlett Edwards
Abandoned in an orphanage, the only memory that Penelope has of her parents is a cameo hanging from her neck with a picture of who would be her father. Nothing more. Struggling through life alone, she finds herself completely lost when she discovers her roommate preferred to spend the rent money that they share in drugs. Without a place to go and really pissed off, Penny ends up in a bar to cool off.
To end a day that seemed only bad things have happened, Penny meets a gorgeous guy that helps her
« previous 1 3 4 next »
College Romance: Has someone read this before? 3 123 Jun 17, 2013 03:52AM

• Never Let Go
  • Liberation (Uncovering You #9)
  • Forbidden (The Seeker Saga, #2)
  • Chosen (The Seeker Saga, #1)
  • The Vampire Gift 1: Wards of Night
  • Redemption (Uncovering You #8)
  • Season of the Witch
  • Foretold (The Forsaken Saga, #4)
  • Relentless (The Forsaken Saga, #3)
  • Forsaken (The Forsaken Saga, #1)
  • Revelations (The Forsaken Saga, #2)
  • Uncovering You: The Complete First Boxset (Uncovering You #1-3)
  • Yours to Savor
  • Uncovering You: The Complete Series (Uncovering You #1-10)
  • Caged (Savage Men, #1)
  • The Finale (Uncovering You, #10)
  • Breaking Hollywood (Wardrobe, #2)
  • Hanged (Savage Men, #5)

Change of Heart (2 books)
  • Change of Heart, Part 2 (Change of Heart, #2)