Dismiss You must take this quiz before seeing the results.

Start by marking “Isabel Spellman's Guide to Etiquette: What is Wrong with You People” as Want to Read:
Isabel Spellman's Guide to Etiquette: What is Wrong with You People

Isabel Spellman's Guide to Etiquette: What is Wrong with You People (The Spellmans)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Ever wonder what Isabel thinks about such topics as: eating, email, dating, weddings, driving, umbrellas (and more)?Her behavioral manifesto: Isabel Spellman's Guide to Etiquette: What Is Wrong with You People will answer these and other common etiquette questions.
Published May 28th 2013 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Isabel Spellman's Guide to Etiquette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isabel Spellman's Guide to Etiquette

Margi
In Isabel Spellman’s Guide to Etiquette: What is Wrong with You People Author Lisa Lutz provides those of us with manners a gut busting, knee-slapping, gonna wet my pants cracking up read. For the rest of the population (98% of them), it’s a must-read, especially for the slowpokes who take FOREVER to go through the airport security line, people who use umbrellas, obnoxious brides, idiots who “reply all” to emails, people who invite me to baby showers, fools blabbing on cell phones, and more. I w ...more
Paula Lyle
The best part of this book was the first chapter of the next Spellman book. This was cute, but those are awesome. I can't wait!
Christine
Nice little reintroduction to the Spellman with while we wait for the new book coming out next week.
Susan
Izzie's no-nonsense guide to etiquette. Quick read, entertaining.
Bonnie
I love the Spellman series, this was nice to read just to hear more of Izzy. However, I would just rather read another Spellman book.
Abbey
The only thing this book was missing was the voice of Christina Moore as narrator--I missed her so!

Fortunately, I have her voice of Izzy well etched in my mind and read the whole thing internally that way.

Really, this is just some humorous highlights of Izzy-quirks, a couple anecdotes that I don't recall being in the books alluded to (ie, a letter of apology to her cousin Amanda after she was a bridesmaid in Amanda's wedding).

Good stuff, all around, if very short.
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Funny little guide to being a human written by Isabel Spellman. Very funny, it's like reading lots of the footnotes for one of Lutz's Spellman books, also, some of the points are right on. Also has sneak peek of new Spellman book to, which was awesome btw (full book and sneak peek).
Sandi
A plug for organ donation (specifically livers, yay!) and reminders to not eat tuna fish sandwiches on planes. How could anyone resist loving this book...and better yet, why would they want to do so?
John Walker
Always a fan of Isabel Spellman and the files. This is a bit lacking, which I suppose has to do with the old Isabel in the first four books. I miss the old Izzy
but any Izzy Spellman is better than none.
Carolyn
Actually, fairly calm book of modern etiquette. Some funny footnotes, but don't look for a Spellman files type book. Very short...amusing, but not knee-slapping.
Meredith Kaupp
This wasn't as funny as I expected, but I have very high expectations when it comes to Izzy Spellman. It was definitely a nice little surprise in between books, though.
Diane Bocci
This is a very short and enjoyable e-book. I think that someone who is enjoying reading the Spellman series, will love this. I think it's 99 cents on Amazon and B & N.
Adele
Too funny! Be sure to read all the footnotes, too, just like in the other Spellman "documents, now available in paperback".
Natalie
This was okay, but not quite, somehow, in Izzy's loveable voice like I expected. David's intro was pretty good, though!
Gaynol
Hilarious, someone you know needs to read this. Common sense advice and just flat out funny!
Janeene
very quick e-book but wanted to read it before starting The Last Word .......
Michaela Bench
Cute - short - got some laughs, but prefer the Spellman File books better.
Barbara Shook
Short but always thought provokingly funny. Love this hilarious author.
Gina Boyd
I wish I knew Lisa Lutz, and I can't wait for the next Spellman novel.
Judy
Fun, quick read for fans of the series.
Amy
A funny quick read!
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
jac
jac marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Janina
Janina marked it as to-read
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Hope
Hope marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Tona
Tona marked it as to-read
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
  • How to Negotiate Everything: with audio recording
  • The Best Mistake Ever! and Other Stories
  • Jane Goes Batty (Jane Fairfax, #2)
  • The Parasol Protectorate: Soulless, Blameless, and Changeless
  • A Boy and His Bunny
  • Ollie
  • The Queen of Minor Disasters
  • Dangerously Ever After
  • High Fidelity (Shadow of the Templar, #4)

The Spellmans (6 books)
  • The Spellman Files (The Spellmans, #1)
  • Curse of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #2)
  • Revenge of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #3)
  • The Spellmans Strike Again (The Spellmans, #4)
  • Trail of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #5)
  • The Last Word (The Spellmans, #6)