Start by marking “Heredero del desierto (Herederos secretos de hombres poderosos, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heredero del desierto (Herederos secretos de hombres poderosos, #1)

Heredero del desierto (Secret Heirs of Powerful Men #1)

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  270 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
Sayid Al Kadar fue entrenado para ser un guerrero, pero no estaba destinado a gobernar…

Obligado a gobernar, el jeque Sayld se sorprendió al descubrir al niño que era el verdadero heredero del trono de su país, y decidió hacer todo lo posible por protegerlo, ¡aunque eso significara casarse con la tía del niño!

Chloe James se comportaba como una tigresa protegiendo a su cacho
Mass Market Paperback, 160 pages
Published December 3rd 2013 by Harlequin Ibérica (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Heredero del desierto, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heredero del desierto

Jacqueline
On the whole I liked this read. The characterizations were interesting and different. The hero was damaged by his upbringing and interestingly, when he became the regent for his country, the people could not stand him. That's different. The heroine was also damaged by her upbringing. I felt her reactions were realistic in relation to her trauma. And I loved how she came to the realization that she could not walk off and leave her nephew. I found that very realistic and moving. She was however a ...more
Desere
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the latest read from author Maisey Yates who always somehow makes her books seem hotter than the previous ones and yet she only takes new characters and a different plot, so the secret as to how she makes it hotter than the previous one is still a mystery.

In Heir to a desert legacy I was introduced to a seriously hot Sheikh Sayid he was not a average tormented hero, no this one ladies had more demons to fight off than the grains of sand in the desert!

He has been taught to never feel as w
Dalia
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With her brilliant writing style, MY creates a scientist heroine who prefers logic to passion, a dark and damaged hero who seems almost inhuman. She gives them the best backdrop : a magnificent palace in the desert. She adds a blazing attraction to the mix and watches them struggle against powerful emotions.
As a second in line to the throne, Sayid has been raised to be a warrior, to protect his country not to rule. He has been trained to be a war machine with no feelings or emotions wha
lily waheed
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God , I really like this.
our heroine chloe is a 23 virgin scientist and the surrogate mother and aunt to the hero's nephew (Aden).
our hero is a hot alpha male sheikh but a seriously dark and damaged one .
You have to read this book , it's so emotional and deep but the most important thing is that this book proves that love is a strength not a weakness. and we have a sixteen years later adorable epilogue! !!!!
Fiona Marsden
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heir to a Desert Legacy

Once again Maisey Yates puts together a tale full of angst and passion to keep you engaged. As the surrogate mother of her half sisters child, Chloe thought she would do her duty by her sister and then step back into the safe anonymity of her academic world. There she could avoid the danger of passion that made her childhood a nightmare.

Sayid, brother of the sheikh, was brought up to be an emotionless machine, designed to fight for his country at all costs. Unfortunately h
Melissa
Jan 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I usually love Maisey Yates sheikh romances, but this one was a long slog to get through. It took me almost the entire month to read this less than 200 page book. The premise was different, but this was too stereotypical of the Presents line for my taste. The only reason I continued reading this to the end was that it filled a spot on the bingo card.

Sayid was a decent hero, but Chloe was all over the place mentally and emotionally and not smart for a doctoral candidate in physics. Their conversa
Karla(Book Addict)
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile
TashNz
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read a few heart tugging emotional stories lately so it was nice to change it up with Sayid and Chloe from Heir to a Desert Legacy by the super talented Maisey Yates. While the reason behind their meeting each other was sad, it was a breath of fresh air to have the Hero and heroine have a common ground that didnt start out by tension, fighting or revenge. I cant find the words to describe how masterfully this tale was woven together.

Sheikh Sayid and Chloe are two strangers thrown together a
Donna McBroom-Theriot
I absolutely love Harlequin Romances. They always take the unlikeliness of people and put them together and there is always a happy after after. The happy ever after did take a while in this book.

The reader was first introduced to a selfless young woman carrying her sister's baby when the sister and husband are killed in an auto crash. We then find out that the baby is heir to a throne of a far away country and the uncle has no intention of leaving the child behind in the US. We also meet a shei
Shirley
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was nice for a change. It was predictable but that’s okay, there were still some surprises.

On the surface, neither one of these characters were exactly what they seemed. At least not to each other. The only common bond that they had was a child that threw them together. Chloe had no intentions of being a mother and Sayid had no intentions of being king, much less a father and husband. Of course they were going to fall in love. *sigh*

The romance was sweet and the back story for both characte
Britt Marczak
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Enjoyed this more than I thought I would. :) I struggled to get into the book, but once I finally got attached to the characters, I really did enjoy the book. (The hot sex helped some, too ;)) I'm very interested about Alik's story, so I'll definitely be buying book two.
Tiffany Reisz
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! A wonderful Harlequin Presents with our classic emotionally distant damaged hero and a spunky smart heroine who gets under his skin. Loved the premise of the virgin mother! And the sex on the beach was smoking hot!
Cammy
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Ugh, that cover. But it was a fun story. Mostly the first half. But I really needed more descriptions of the world and connections with other characters (among other things). Thanks anyway, Netgalley!
Hazy
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's alright. Yates spends a large part of the novel going into the lovers' backstories and, honestly, that's much more interesting than the actual romance of the book. There's some exploration of abuse and dealing with trauma that I thought was worth exploring more.

As for the romance itself, it felt a bit rushed and stilted. Salid and Chloe spend a large amount of time sniping at each other and, when they finally start falling for one another, it feels unnatural.

The sex scenes are well-written,
Cinzia
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La sinossi di questo romance di prossima uscita mi aveva incuriosito, lo sceicco ha sempre il suo fascino, soprattutto quando la sua realtà si incontra con il nostro occidente, ma soprattutto non mi ha delusa una volta terminata la lettura.
La trama e' molto realistica, così come le caratteristiche dei due personaggi principali.
Sayid al Katar si e' ritrovato a essere il nuovo sceicco del suo Paese, dopo l'improvvisa morte in un incidente stradale del fratello e della cognata. La cosa non lo entus
Dulcy
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Star Rating

Publisher: Harlequin
Age: Adult
Series: None
Interest: Romance/ NetGalley/Sheikh
Source: NetGalley

Sayid al Kadar was trained from childhood to be a warrior. He's fought, he's conquered-but was never meant to rule... Thrust reluctantly to the throne, Sheikh Sayid is shocked to discover a child who is his country's true heir, and he'll do anything to protect him, even if it means taking on the child's aunt!

Chloe James might behave like a tigress protecting her cub, but this t
Anuradha
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of cliches in this one. But still a good read. Goes to show, even stereotype can be entertaining if done well !

Hero - the ruler of a middle eastern country. Has a troubled past. Wonder why these authors are charmed by fictional gulf countries !?!?!

Heroine - a theoretical physicist, surrogate mother, but still a goddamn virgin ?!!?!??!

She offers to carry her sister's child. The sister conveniently vanishes from the story. So does the heroes' brother - the original ruler.

Second born hero and
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Originally posted on What I'm Reading

Ok late last night or early this morning depending how you look at it, I was able to finished Heir to a Desert Legacy by Maisey Yates. I must say that I enjoyed this Harlequin Presents book. So, let me share what is about and why I liked the story.

Chloe James helped her half-sister have a baby, but an unfortunate accident happen before she arrived before the birth. A hope of a nation vanished, with the death of her half-sister and brother-in-law. Not knowing
Jeannie Zelos
Heir to a Desert Legacy. Maisey Yates

I received this via Netgalley in return for an honest review. I don't gush and give false praise – I don't believe that helps readers or authors so what you read is what I truly feel about a book.

I love a good romance with a happy ever after, and though I usually prefer something longer and more meaty sometimes you just want something simple for a couple of hours escapism. Heir to a desert legacy fits the bill. It reminded me of the M&B books mum had bac
Hsiau Wei
This book tells the story of Sayed, a king of Attar looking for his deceased brother’s child; Chloe’s nephew as the baby is the heir to the throne. He has no idea about the baby until he found the documents that revealed the identity of the Baby and that Chloe was the surrogate mum. Both Sayed’s brother and sister in law (who is Chloe’s stepsister) passed away due to accident and the custody of the baby should be with him instead of Chloe. Chloe, who initially thought of hiding Aden away as she ...more
Rhonda
Jan 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heir to a Desert Legacy by Maisey Yates
3 STARS

Heir to a Desert Legacy was a lot more than I thought it would be. It was a romance but it was also a story of two different people who had faced abuse in thier early years. The abuse changed the people and how they reacted to others, standing apart from others who could hurt them again. How love of someone else could help the healing if they let them into thier hearts. So yes it was a romance but they had to let others in. Thier were a couple of se
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Could come close to 3 stars.
I was so happy to receive this advanced copy from NetGalley and Harlequin.
I read the premise: Arab prince, American scientist, a baby, a nation on the cusp of monarchy crisis, somewhat elicit romance… and no. I got some very dry facts that resemble the premise, but it wasn’t at all what I thought it would be.

Chloe is a physics graduate student who acted as surrogate to her half sister and the Sheik of Attar. Her sister and brother in law die in a car accident on thei
Ashley F
Review posted @ http://tsukibooks.blogspot.com

I love all the usual romance plots but this one seemed new to me. I'm sure it's not but regardless, I've never read this exact plot before in my past experiences. This is a story about an uncle of the heir of a desert country and the child's surrogate. I've never read a story with the surrogate being the love interest.

Chloe was supposed to carry the baby for her half-sister and the half-sister's husband but after a tragic accident, she was left with
Michelle
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun read from Maisey Yates. I accidentally read the two stories in this series out of order so it was lots of fun to see the couple who had a HEA in book two, and their origin story in this book. Chloe was a surrogate for her sister and brother-in-law carrying the heir to the kingdom to full term. When they are killed while on the way to picking up the child, Chloe is thrust in to the role of mother, something she wasn’t expecting and wasn’t really sure she wanted. Sheik Sayid only recen ...more
LPJ
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Heir to a Desert Legacy gives you everything you want in a Harlequin: a scorching hot alpha male who thinks a few extra pounds and stretch marks are the height of sexy, a pretty normal woman bearing said stretch marks thrown into an extraordinary situation with said alpha male, hell, there's even a baby!

Chloe is a physics grad student who agreed to be a surrogate for her sister. When tragedy strikes, she's left protecting the baby she carried and finds herself drawn to the child's sexy uncle.

It
Riverina Romantics

I’m was trying to find books to review for Sheikh week and by fate, or good luck, or someone stalking me and knowing I was in dire need, I get an email from Netgalley for this book. Well, hello. Yes, I will review this, thank you very much.
Hair to a Desert Legacy was my first Maisey read and let me tell you – I was blown away.
There isn’t one thing that I disliked about this book. Her writing is WOW, entirely beautiful, short, snappy, to the point and pieces together so perfectly that it flows
Maria
Sayid al Kadar was the second son, trained to be a soldier from a young age. When his older brother dies, he must become the ruler. While going through his brother's paperwork he learns that his brother has an heir. Sayid’s brother had asked Chloe to be a surrogate and she has the six week old heir to the throne. Chloe never expected to be a mother, but now she must protect her nephew, the child that she gave birth to… and if that protection means that she must marry Sayid then so be it.

Why I st
I really wanted to like this book. The premise was intriguing and it started off well enough. But unfortunately, it fell flat for me.

I wanted to know WHY Sayid let Chloe in, and why he felt for her what he hadn't since he lost his first love. Why did she intrigue him, why did she break down those carefully constructed walls? I'll never know.

Likewise, I'll never know why Chloe decided to trust Sayid after a lifetime of not trusting men. There was really no explanation for it, it just... was.

Ther
Stephanie
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction, 2013
It was a pleasant read. It built as the story progressed throughout Chloe and Sayid meeting for the first time in Portland, Oregon to traveling to his home in Attar and finally their marriage. Along the way, we learn of both Chloe and Sayid are more similar than they realize, as they both experienced traumatic childhoods, will do anything to protect what they considered theirs and take on each other to ensure their nephew is safe and reaches the throne. To me, this was a pleasant interlude with ...more
Karen
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was in a funk, and the lovely Ms. Yates offered to send me an ARC of this book. I am *SO GLAD* she did.

Yeah, he's a bit alpha - which I like if done right - but he has weaknesses.

Both the H & h suffered trauma due to violence while young. Very differently experienced, yet enough the same to have empathy for each other.

They both opened up to each other, and allowed the other in - offered to share each others' burdens.

There was a true give-and-take. It wasn't just the "I'm the man, do as
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Duty, Desire and the Desert King (Desert Kings, #3)
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • No More Sweet Surrender
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • The Sheikh's Prize (A Bride For A Billionaire #2)
  • Bella and the Merciless Sheikh (The Balfour Brides #7)
  • Powerful Italian, Penniless Housekeeper
  • To Love, Honor and Betray
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • The Sheikh's Defiant Bride (Sheikh Tycoons, #1)
  • To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd, #3)
  • A Whisper of Disgrace (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #5)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then
More about Maisey Yates...

Secret Heirs of Powerful Men (2 books)
  • Heir to a Dark Inheritance