Start by marking “The Knit Stitch Pattern Handbook: An Essential Collection of 300 Designer Stitches and Techniques” as Want to Read:

Beloved knitwear designer Melissa Leapman offers a comprehensive stitch dictionary and guide with more than 300 original knitting patterns, including slip stitches, cables, and lace.

Knitters love their stitch dictionaries. Melissa Leapman, known for her knitting references, shares 300 of her favorite stitch patterns developed over her long career. With basic step-by-step
Published November 5th 2013 by Potter Craft (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Knit Stitch Pattern Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Knit Stitch Pattern Handbook

Start your review of The Knit Stitch Pattern Handbook: An Essential Collection of 300 Designer Stitches and Techniques
Julie
This contains lots of stitch patterns including old favorites, and things that you dont see every day. I was looking for inspiration for a sampler-type project, and found it here. ...more
Susan Santos
Comprehensive collection of stitches and techniques. Nice to have on a mobile device. I started a shawl design while traveling and was able to find most of what I needed right in this book. Being able to click on the photos to enlarge them is helpful, as is the bookmark feature. I wish more stitch dictionaries were digital.
Jan Mackichan
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just what I needed for a sampler Afghan I'm making. Super clear instructions. Love the Kindle version.
Gail
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arts-and-crafts
This is the first knitting pattern dictionary I found in the library and I adore it. Melissa Leapman is well-known in knitting circles, though I didnt know that when I discovered this book.

I love that this book has color photos of the patterns, a key that identifies if it looks the same on both sides, is an easy pattern to knit, and shows charts as well as written instructions. Her instructions and notes are clear and easy to follow. Ive used both the paperback and electronic versions and they
Fernleaf
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A large stitch dictionary with examples, written and charted directions for dozens upon dozens of knitting stitches and combinations, from simple knit/purl textural looks to complicated lace and cables. A small section at the beginning discusses working pattern stitches into a garment and the basics of design. A section at the end explains how to make most of the basic knit stitches. A good resource to have on hand if you want to get into designing your own knitting patterns.
Love to read
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book!!!

This book is a must have for any knitter not matter if you are a beginner or experience one. It will inspire you and teach you to move forward with your skills! I love it!!! Got it on digital so I can print the charts and see the picture bigger in more detail on my computer.
lover-of-good-books
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft
Online at my local library's overdrive.
Lil' Grogan
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: handmade
Nicely presented - written and charts. Pictures are a little small at times. Some interesting stitch patterns that I don't remember having seen before. Would have like a friendlier and longer-lasting binding on the book.
Anne Hawn Smith
I've gone over this stitch by stitch and I feel like it is one of the better stitch books in my library. I like having the Kindle version so I will always have the pattern with me. My first selection is for a lace stitch on a cowl.
Martha
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great stitch pattern book.
Mary
Mar 23, 2016 added it
very cool book of patterns all made with only knits and pearls to make cool knitted fabrics in one color
Stephanie Sutton-Gundry
Jul 25, 2019
Kathie De Palo
Oct 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Anne Boleyn: A King's Obsession (Six Tudor Queens, #2)
  • The Boleyn Inheritance (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #10)
  • Katherine of Aragón: The True Queen (Six Tudor Queens, #1)
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Roots: The Saga of an American Family
  • The Canterville Ghost
  • Hell's Princess: The Mystery of Belle Gunness, Butcher of Men
  • Just Stitches: 70 Knitting Stitch Patterns to Inspire Your Next Project (Tiger Road Crafts Book 4)
  • The Royal Tombs of Egypt: The Art of Thebes Revealed
  • Irish Ghosts: The Most Haunted Locations of Ireland
  • Knit One, Bead Too: Essential Techniques for Knitting with Beads
  • Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time
  • Tickle Monster
  • Frommer's Italy 2018 (Complete Guides)
  • Clued In Rome: The Concise and Opinionated Guide to the City 2019 -with photos
  • Haunted Massachusetts: Ghosts and Strange Phenomena of the Bay State