Start by marking “Seeing Ghosts” as Want to Read:
Seeing Ghosts

Seeing Ghosts

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Paul Herrera finds himself bequeathed a mysterious old house near the California central coast by a deceased aunt he never knew. The woman who shows it to him is the spitting image of his wife, taken from him three years before in a senseless car accident which also took his unborn son. While he deals with the ghosts of a past he cannot let go, there are new ghosts Paul mu ...more
Published May 10th 2013 by James Garcia Jr.

To ask other readers questions about Seeing Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeing Ghosts

Peter  Younghusband
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I have waited 4 years since buying this novel to read it. It has been a worthwhile wait now that I have finished it. This is my first introduction to Garcia’s writing and I am impressed. I can now look forward to reading his Dance On Fire trilogy.

I loved this novel. It kept me captivated and involved. The pace is consistent with no peaks or troughs to alter the pace. Compared to some horror novels I have read, I would regard Garcia’s attempt as a medium to low level of horror, but this is not a
Casey L Clark
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great ghost story... reminiscent of Stephen King... I very much enjoyed this read! I would definitely recommend it to paranormal fans!
Jane Isaac
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
A moving and engaging ghost story with a touching twist.
Toni
Jun 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.
This review originally posted at My Book Addiction.

Paul is still mourning the loss of his wife, Angie, when the story begins. It’s been three years, but he is still feeling the emptiness that his one great love left behind. Luckily he has his brother, Ray, to help keep his wits about him. Ray is an awesome brother, always there for Paul whenever he needs him. When Ray calls one morning to tell him they’ve inherited a ranch home from an Aunt they never knew, they decide
Christine Rains
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Paul Herrera hasn't fully recovered from the loss of his wife three years ago. When he and his brother Ray inherit a house from an aunt he never knew, he sets up in the house hoping to get away from things. Except there will be no peace found in Aunt Flora's house. Ghosts roam the grounds and a witch lives in the guest house. Flora hasn't left yet either, and she wants Paul for something. Haunted and depressed, Paul tries to keep hold of his sanity. As the secrets and horrors stack up, Paul migh ...more
April robinson
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: april-s-horror
ok I am 1/2 way finished and this book is really good !! I cannot wait to finish it tonight. I really like this book and yes it's freaking me out. I love a good horror ghost story. Mr. Garcia Jr. could be on the list with Stephen king ...yes I actually believe that...so I will post again when im finished...:)

finished! this book was creepy and it made me cry. Such a great book. smooth as silk the word's jumping off the page !!
Had me pulling for the characters.
5 starts for sure for this book. ..I
Teresa  Hamilton
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
A complex and interesting story which I found hard to put down. Not a genre I usually go for but I was intrigued by the blurb. The characters haunted me and I loved the way the author coped with the subjects of ghosts giving them a original twist. James Garcia Jnr is a talented author and hopefully one who will have great success. I'm hoping he's working on another book, just as intriguing, as I'll be the first to buy it.
Alicia Holt
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seeing Ghosts by James Garcia Jr. is as scary as a ghost book should be. I found it to be well paced and written with engaging double plots of love and horror. I read it in one sitting. I could not put it down. I highly recommend this book.
Sheri
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Three years after losing his wife, Paul is still struggling to let her go. He thinks about her constantly to the point where he has not been able to move on with his own life. When Paul and his brother, Ray, inherit a house from an aunt they do not remember, Paul decides to move in to get away from things. Alone in the secluded house, strange things begin to happen, and Paul soon discovers his wife is not the only ghost hanging around.

I love good ghost story, and this one did not disappoint. I
Marina
Jul 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, blog-review, ghosts
Review Originally Posted: http://www.larissaslife.com/2013/07/m...

*No Spoilers !

Our Hero Paul Herrera is a grieving man, after loosing his wife and unborn child he seems to live life as a passive observer. When an aunt he never knew he had leaves him her house he grabs the opportunity to have a change of scenery.

As Paul begins to familiarize with his surroundings strange things start to happen, reality and paranormal clash and everything become a blur.
The things that I loved in Seeing Ghosts ar
Tina M. Turner
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Most read..

I really enjoyed reading "Seeing Ghost". I felt completely drawn in and captivated by each one of the characters. I did not want the story to end. You will not be disappointed by reading this book. I look forward to reading more by James Garcia.. I loved it!!!!
Stacy McKitrick
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, paranormal, e-book
More like 3.5, but I rounded up to 4. I enjoyed the story. Some of the scenes were a bit mundane, but overall it had a nice creepy feel to it. A good ghost story.
Lisa Anderson
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
loved. Suspense and a little romance.
Clayton Mullen
rated it did not like it
Oct 03, 2013
Jul 25, 2014
Lisa Persons
Sep 28, 2014
James Jr.
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Vince
Jul 31, 2013
Christiana P
Aug 02, 2013
Free Book Giveaway: Seeing Ghosts giveaway 2 13 Oct 11, 2013 02:39PM
Upon discovering the likes of Stephen King, Clive Barker and Michael Slade while in his teens, James Garcia Jr. soon began creating his own dark worlds. Not prepared to write and be a mature husband and father, that passion was boxed away for nearly twenty years. Then, not wanting to allow regret to fester, he finally removed that box from the attic of his heart and opened it. He now has four nove ...more
More about James Garcia Jr.