Start by marking “A Hawk Enslaved” as Want to Read:
A Hawk Enslaved

A Hawk Enslaved

Ragnar Ulfsson must find his king a concubine. His solution is Isolde, captured whilst climbing the sea-cliffs for falcons. Enslaved in his own way, Ragnar has few qualms about binding another to his lord for the greater good. After all, it is an honor to share the bed of a king.

Isolde does not view slavery so complacently. Like a hawk caged, she is frantic to escape. But
ebook
Published May 23rd 2013 by Ellora's Cave Publishing

Bucsie
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: liked-much
I never bought a book without having read reviews first, but the synopsis was too interesting for me to pass it up. I thought it would be a beauty and the beast kind of story, but it turned out Ragnar was hot! Well, at least in my mind's eye.
This book was just a little bit shy of 5 stars, for me, and that was because its predictability.
The characters were interesting, the storytelling was compelling, the dialogue was great. I especially liked when the character couldn't find the right words in t
Vanessa theJeepDiva
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, request
Isolde is your not so typical hawk tamer. Raised by her father to be independent and stand up for herself she gets thrown into a completely different world when se is captured and forced into slavery as an old kings concubine. Ragnar, enslaved in his own way has mixed feelings about offering this raven haired beauty to his liege.

Let’s start by saying I fell completely in love with ALL the characters straight from the start. Even the old king. Ms Green created such a fun cast of characters that d
Lily Malone
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
There's a TV show just come out in Australia called 'Vikings' that I was looking forward to watching. About the time the TV series was being promoted, I came across Venetia Green's book, A Hawk Enslaved. When I figured out the book related to Vikings, I was hooked.
Now I can say, I enjoyed this book and it kept me entertained, far more than the television show!
The start was exceptional - one of the best starts to a romance I've read in forever. And I liked how the author painted such a bleak pict
Bernadette Rowley
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Hawk Enslaved was a wonderful debut by Venetia Green. I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Isolde and Ragnar, a beauty and the beast tale. The intrigue and danger of the king's court adds an edge to the book and the Viking setting and customs feel realistic. This book will appeal to historical romance and fantasy readers alike. Highly recommended.
Cate Ellink
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. I marked lots of gorgeous sentences and descriptions. There's great tension between Isolde and Ragnar, as well as in the story itself.
Angelique
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Isolde is your not so typical hawk tamer. Raised by her father to be
independent and stand up for herself she gets thrown into a completely
different world when se is captured and forced into slavery as an old kings
concubine. Ragnar, enslaved in his own way has mixed feelings about
offering this raven haired beauty to his liege.

from the start. Even the old king. Ms Green created such a fun cast of
characters that
Kendall Talbot
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was interesting on so many levels. The Author Venetia has a brilliant way with words. Many sentences I read over several times just because I enjoyed them so much. Isolde, the leading lady, was a feisty young woman with an unusual occupation as a Hawk tamer. Venetia took me into the work of a Hawk tamer and held me there to the very end.

And the Hero Ragnar was just as compelling. Torn between his duties to his king, and his love for the kings new concubine - Isolde, it was wonderful t
Susie Frost
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
The characters were really well developed and I really enjoyed the plot. I liked the heroine's mix of femininity but strength.
Moira