Start by marking “The Spy Wore Blue (Lord and Lady Spy, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Spy Wore Blue (Lord and Lady Spy, #1.5)

The Spy Wore Blue

(Lord and Lady Spy #1.5)

An exciting new novella in the popular Lord and Lady Spy series. Blue, an elite spy, tracks an assassin to Naples and the theater where his estranged wife performs. As he falls in love with his Helena again, Blue races to apprehend the assassin before he destroys them both.
Published August 6th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The Spy Wore Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spy Wore Blue

Start your review of The Spy Wore Blue (Lord and Lady Spy, #1.5)
Anne
This is the novella about the agent, Blue, that appears in Galen's Lord and Lady Spy.
Why is he called Blue?
Well. Those eyes, for one.

description

As one of the most mysterious and well-informed members of the Barbican group, Blue is sent to Italy to investigate the latest murders of a killer for hire known as the Reaper. This particular mercenary is known to work for the man who has been targe
kris
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
TO CLEANSE MY PALETTE AFTER READING ABOUT SPIES, I'M READING ABOUT MORE SPIES.

Ernest Bloomington, a spy codenamed "Blue", has been assigned a mission that puts him in the path of his estranged wife, Helena Giles. She's a sober drunk attempting to live a better life after being caught nearly nude with a costar years ago, and he's kind of a pompous ass! THEY BONE! FORGIVE! DECIDE TO GIVE IT ANOTHER GO!

1. This kind of romance, where one half fucked it up BAD, needs a deft ha
Amanda
OMG I LOVED HELENA SO MUCH. Imperfect heroines will always be my catnip and Helena definitely fell into that category. She was an opera singer, a ginger, she persevered through hardship, singlehandedly turning her life around when poor choices and addiction left her with nothing and no one and she even saved herself AND Blue at the end. Basically, Helena was amazing and she made this novella worth reading.

I also really liked the way Helena and Blue’s relationship played out over the course of t
Nicole Laverdure
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Perfect read for a hot summer night!
Shana Galen is one of my favorite authors for stories of the Regency era and this time, she did it again! I have read True Spies & Lord and Lady Spy and loved them; but THE SPY WORE BLUE is my favorite one of her series. This novella is filled with passion and humour! it's a little gem to discover! Beautiful sexual chemistry between her two characters Agent Blue and Helena. When I say they are hot together, sparks ignite around them. They were still
Annie
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5
I loved this so much! (also there was piano sex lol)
Rachel T
Written as a combined review, posted at The Reading Cafe 21 Sep 13

5 out of 5 for this reader folks!

WOW .. now this is a fun series. The Lord and Lady Spy series by Shana Galen has it all. Mystery, suspense, romance, humour and lots of action. An absolute refreshing read that offers a different spin on historical romance. If you can, try to think along the lines of Mr and Mrs Smith set in the 1800's ... LOL Well .. that is what I was picturing anyways! Brangelina anyone??
Tanya
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love this series. Again, this is a story of two people who are already married. Granted, Blue and Helena have been separated for years, but not because they didn't love each other. Abandonment issues abound in their marriage. Blue is dedicated to his career as a spy and while they were together, Helena had serious alcohol issues. As Blue puts it, they "both had their first loves." But now, Blue has tracked a bad guy to Naples, to Helena's theater where she is an opera singer. Helena's cleaned ...more
Mary
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful addition to the series. Short and sweet, but full of action and steamy scenes. Blue and Helena are an interesting couple. They have had their good times and their bad but seemed destined to be together. You are rooting for them right from the beginning.

It's a fast paced book that you won't want to put down. I think you could read it even if you have not read the earlier books in the series, but it's better if you have. And if you haven't ..you will want to after
Michele Lacroix
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shana Galen has done it again with The Spy Wore Blue. I loved the chemistry between Helena and Blue. The sex scenes were hot. The only problem, and I couldn't fault it really, was that it was a novella and it was to short. I was hoping for Epilogue, but maybe we can get that in the next novel in the Lord and Lady spy series.
Helen
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series and I so loved Blue and Helena's story very sensual and a great adventure as Blue and Helena get the man he is after
marilyn james
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I agree Blue needed a longer book! this was a fun read tho...always luv Blue dry sense of humor and wit!
Sieravonne
Not bad, however, I find it stupid, inconsistent and other things.

1. Idiocities
- Blue preferred to be called his code name, "Blue." Uhhh... You use code names in a mission, not as a nickname.

- Was the kiss after Helena shot Blue necessary? What was the relevance of it? I thought Helena wanted Blue to leave.

- Blue was a soldier before becoming a spy and had been injured many times albeit minor ones. The shot Helena gave him only grazed him and he fainted?? Seriously??

2. Incongruity
- What hap/>
-/>2./>-/>1.
Gayle
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Spy Wore Blue is a very entertaining read, and I have to say that I loved this book. Both the hero and heroine in this story got to me, on an emotional level, which doesn't always happen.

The hero in this story Agent Blue is first introduced in Shana Galen's regency spy novel,Lord and Lady Spy. When I first read Lord and
Barbara
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After encountering Agent Blue in Lord and Lady Spy, I was excited to hear he was going to have his story told. I would have loved a full length book, but I’ll take what I can get, and I got quite a lot in this novella. We learn how Agent Blue got his nickname, find out his real name, and get more information about his background, including an estranged wife who is an opera singer. As Blue tracks an assassin in Naples, he arranges to work as an accompanist in the theater where Helena works, deter ...more
Danielle
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Closer to 4 stars.

I can't tell you how much I love this series by Shana Galen. Seriously, LOVE IT! This was a great novella but I do wish it was just a bit longer. I really like Blue and I was interested in finally learning more about him. In the other books he's so elusive, so it was great to finally learn more about it him. My only issue, is that I just wanted more of him. I wanted more backstory and a few more scenes between him and Helena. I just felt at times the story felt a bit rushed in
Tracy Emro
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I enjoyed this novella. I am a sucker for second chance at love stories, so this book was right up my alley.

Blue and Helena were not perfect, but they were perfect for each other.

I think the very end was a little rushed - but it is a novella, so I expected it. I still would have liked to see where they go from here, but maybe we will get more info about them in the next book.
Lisa Hutson
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
According to Amazon, this story is an unbelievable 89 pages. I knew it was a novella. But I had no idea the size of it. And now, having read it, I am enormously impressed with the story that came from 89 pages!! Great job, Shana!
A whole story, well done. And I still cant believe it was so short. It did not read as a quickie. I loved it. And now, I am excited to start True Spies.
Maria
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Shana Galen's stories. They are historical romance ADVENTURES with danger, sexiness, and fun. It was so nice to read Blue's story, Saint's fellow operative from Lord and Lady Spy. For my full review of this fun book: http://bit.ly/1aA1C8e
Sharyn
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very good novella in the Spies series. Loved learning more about the spy Blue and really liked his wife Helena. Only thing is it ended more with a "happy for now" instead of a "happily ever after" but it is a novella so that didn't bother me too much.
Barbara
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another fun story about married spies. Blue and Helena had not seen each other in years, and Helena has changed, no longer drinking but singing serious opera in Naples. Blue is on a case, but needs to make sure she doesn't blow his cover. Quick read to tantalize for the next book!
Monique
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
89 pages of spectacular perfection! Ms. Galen has created a perfect gem. A must !
Leslie
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very good for what there was, just wish it had been longer.
Donna Martin
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is Blue's story. We met him in Lord & Lady Spy. A very enjoyable novella.
Patti
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shana Galen does it again! ANother great story filled with passion and mystery. I loved getting to know Blue and Helena. I highly recommend this novella!!!
Gennielc
very enjoyable. Good story and great characters
Linda
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Ernest Bloomington is the spy for the Barbican group who is known as Blue. He and his wife Helena have lived apart ever since he had enough of her drinking. He lets himself into her apartment in Naples where he has come in search of an assassin known as Reaper. As accidents occur in the theatre, Blue and Helena search the building when Reaper comes behind them. He starts choking Blue when Helena hits him in the head with a stage prop sword and knocks him out. Barbican agents come and take him aw ...more
Celeste
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good plot with well conceived characters.
The gold formula an alpha male/heroe and a damsel (somewhat strong but vulnerable) in distress and the birth of a everlasting love story.
A good historical, regency, steamy, ChicLit with lots of action and a secret organization of spies for the crown...
Valerie Grissom
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story

I absolutely love the whole lord and lady spy novels. They are so good. This one about Blue is equally as good but not equal in length. I would have enjoyed a full novel about Blue but this one was very sweet.
Barbara Literski
Arias and Spies

I enjoyed reading this story about Blue! He is in several of Shana Galen books. He was someone you read about but was mysterious. I would recommend this book if you love reading about spies and intrigue.
Theresa A. Garcia
Thrilling

Fast paced and riveting. Danger and romance on every page. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys suspense
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 03, 2015 10:53AM

• What a Difference a Duke Makes (School for Dukes, #1)
  • Never a Bride (Duke's Daughters, #4)
  • The Scandal of It All (The Rogue Files, #2)
  • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
  • Governess Gone Rogue (Dear Lady Truelove, #3)
  • For the Duke's Eyes Only (School for Dukes, #2)
  • The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)
  • More or Less a Marchioness (The Somerset Sisters, #1)
  • A Devil of a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #2)
  • Lord of Chance (Rogues to Riches #1)
  • Once Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #1)
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • Blame It on the Duke (The Disgraceful Dukes, #3)
  • The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • More or Less a Countess (The Somerset Sisters, #2)
  • Never Deny a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #3)
Shana Galen is three-time Rita award nominee and the bestselling author of fast-paced, witty, and adventurous Regency romances. Kirkus says of her books, "The road to happily-ever-after is intense, conflicted, suspenseful and fun," and RT Bookreviews calls her books “lighthearted yet poignant, humorous yet touching." She taught English at the middle and high school level off and on for eleven year ...more

Lord and Lady Spy (3 books)
  • Lord and Lady Spy (Lord and Lady Spy, #1)
  • True Spies (Lord and Lady Spy, #2)
  • Love and Let Spy (Lord and Lady Spy, #3)