Start by marking “HOT Pursuit (Hostile Operations Team, #1)” as Want to Read:
HOT Pursuit (Hostile Operations Team, #1)

HOT Pursuit

(Hostile Operations Team #1)

He took her innocence. He broke her heart. He's the only one who can save her life...

Evie Baker hasn’t seen Matt Girard in ten years. Not since the night she gave him her virginity. Now the Black Ops soldier is back in town and looking to make things right. Too bad she doesn’t believe a word he says. But when her sister goes missing and Evie’s suddenly a suspect in a murde
Published July 17th 2013 by H.O.T. Publishing, LLC (first published July 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about HOT Pursuit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about HOT Pursuit

Start your review of HOT Pursuit (Hostile Operations Team, #1)
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3 Stars***

This was a solid start to a new series and a great introduction to Lynn Raye Harris. My interest has definitely been piqued with what's to come with the rest of the HOT team. I'm told by multiple trusted sources that this first book is the weakest in the bunch and that this series only gets better with each passing book....and well, that's got me pretty damn excited!

Let's start with the positives.

The writing - It was easy and engaging and, for the most part, it flowed effortlessl
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
He was definitely not the same boy he'd been ten years ago. She'd had a crush on that boy - that popular, gorgeous, unattainable boy.
But the man before her now was terrifying in ways that boy hadn't been. And far more dangerous.

This was a a first book for me by this author, and after finishing it, I can say it will definitely not be my last. It was a great romantic suspense.

Ten years ago Evie Baker gave her heart and her virginity to Matt Girard, only to have him break her heart and
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Pu2 xB by sb_zpszpjxmaz6.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (2/9/2015)

BLURB:
He was the last man in the world she wanted to see…but he might be the only one who could save her…

Ten years ago, Matt Girard did something he shouldn’t. When sweet Evangeline Baker offered him her virginity, he took it. Then he left town and he’s never looked back.

Until now. His future as a black ops soldier with the Hostile Operations Team is in jeopardy, and he’s come home for a few days before going back to face the consequences of a mission gone w
Duchess Nicole
Evie Baker recently returned to her hometown of Rochambeau...depressed, broken, and the newest hair washer at her Mom's salon. From her ambitions and the realization of her dream of owning a restaurant, free to create culinary masterpieces...to this. To add insult to injury, her childhood best friend and the man who horribly betrayed her young heart is back in town.

Captain Matt Gerard is also coming back to Rochambeau a defeated man. Soon up for a hearing that will decide whether the death of tw
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Two old friends, a dark shadow of the recent past, suspense, and maybe new love? This book definitely grabbed my attention.

Evie was a hot mess. She left town eight years ago to go to culinary school and start the restaurant of her dreams. Her naivete had her falling for the tricks of a con artist, which ruined her new business and forced her to come home with her tail between her legs. What was she going to do?

Matt left town right after high school and joined the military. His father expected hi
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
FOUR STARS!

I've mentioned this before and I'll mention it again, I have a serious hard-on for military reads. Men in uniform have always been a great weakness of mine, but military and/or navy uniforms have the ability to reduce me into a drooling mess. So it comes as no surprise that I really enjoyed this book, nor am I surprised at how willing I am to pauper myself so I can read the rest of this series (my book budget and I are currently not on speaking terms).

Hot Pursuit is the first book of
Rachel the Book Harlot
Hot Pursuit is a hot mess.

I don't know what I was thinking with this one, but in my defense I was bored, in the mood for a good romance, enticed by the pretty cover (just look at that guy), and it was free. But, I guess as any good economist will tell you, nothing is ever truly free. Seems I always learn that the hard way whenever I download these Kindle freebies.

Aside from the pretty cover, the concept of the story intrigued me. The heroine, Evie, down on her luck after being swindled by her
Sheryl C. Nash
I absolutely LOVE Lynn Raye Harris and her Harlequins, and when i found out that she was self-publishing, i was BEYOND excited!! THEN, i read an excerpt of Hot Pursuit on Ms Harris's website and i was literally on the edge of my seat waiting for this book to be released! (And, oh alright, i also saw the cover and pretty much wanted to lick it ).

Now, BEFORE anyone dismisses this story because y'all are not into Harlequins, Hot Pursuit was NOTHING like Ms Harris's Harlequins; this is romantic susp
Jane Stewart
Contrived conflicts. Heroine stupidity. I wanted it to be over.

If you love romantic suspense and cannot get enough, you might enjoy this. I did not. This was typical characters and done-before-plot and action. There was nothing special or different. If I were to recommend something to the author I would say come up with unusual and special characters. Let the characters’ personalities create conflicts instead of having them do illogical things. For example:

They have great sex. Afterwards he is c
Jonetta
Evie Baker is a chef whose Florida restaurant failed when her partner embezzled funds and left her in dire straits. She returned to her hometown in Louisiana but seems to have attracted attention from the wrong elements connected to her partner. Matt Girard, an Army special forces captain, also has returned home while he waits for a decision regarding the fate of his career following a failed operation. He and Evie have a history that is about to be resurrected.

The story starts off interestingl
Coco.V
Nov 08, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/08/2017)!
Barbara Ann
Romantic suspense revolving around military heroes and heroines is one of my favorite genres, and I was so excited to learn about the new Hostile Operation Team series that Lynn Raye Harris has created and have the opportunity to review the first book, Hot Pursuit.
 photo twogirlsexclaiming_zps6f5567a3.gif

This first book introduces us to HOT, a new special ops force within the U.S. Army and centers on Captain Matt “Richie Rich” Girard’s team. Matt is the hero of this book, and when the story opens, he is back in his hometown of Roc
Jo
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, gr2016

It’s very difficult to find a good or even a great romantic suspense. Most either lacks suspense or romance. So it’s rare to find a RS where the balance is just perfect.

Evie and Matt has quite a history. They grew up together, and were best friends until they drifted apart. Mostly because of Matt who got new friends, and didn’t really have time for Evie any more. Evie had a crush on Matt for many years and finally at sixteen she asked him to be her first. After which Matt crushed Evie’s heart

Jae
Didn't hold my interest much.

I skimmed through after the first 15%. Repetitive conversations went on and on and on about his asshole-ish behavior 10 years before.

I just couldn't feel the lurve between the Hero and heroine. It was so MEH.

3 stars. Such a waste of a fabulous cover.
Julie
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hot Pursuit by Lynn Raye Harris is a July 2013 release and is published by Victory publishing.
I received a DRC of this book from the author/publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Evie and Matt were best friends as children. But, as teens, Evie and Matt 'hooked up' and things were never the same between them again. With her reputation is ruins, Evie leaves the small Louisiana town of Rochambeau to become a chef. She eventually runs her won restaurant until her partner's connect
Steph
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I saw this cover a few weeks back and thought it was gorgeous, and when I checked out the synopsis I knew I had to have it on Release Day.
It was a great read and I really enjoyed the story. But I had to rate it three stars because it wasn’t… amazing. I liked the story, the main characters were endearing and sweet and there was some awesome action too. But I just wasn’t blown away.

I really liked Evie, the way she dealt with Matt’s return was really dignified and throughout all the chaos, she
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Dec 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: s-my-e-books
I liked this book and thought the author did a nice set up and created a good plot. I like how strong Evie was, she wasn't too perfect with dealing with the bad guys but did try to act smart. Although the H, Matt, was hot and yummy, I had a hard time liking him. He really didn't treat Evie well when they were teenagers and yet he supposedly cared about her. Fast forward 10 years and he's still self centered and (SPOILER) leaves her again without communicating. For me this is not a Hero, it was h ...more
Wendy
4 stars...romantic suspense featuring childhood friends that made stupid mistakes with each other. He's a sexy black ops officer home on leave. She's a chef, home after losing her restaurant after trusting the wrong person and having her money stolen. What follows is a roller coaster of emotions, drama, kidnapping, death threats, boating in the bayou, small town gossip and houses being blown up. I enjoyed it!

ARC provided by Lynn Raye Harris via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Desere
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Her dreams in shreds, all hope lost and feeling pretty sorry for herself, Evie takes the only option she has and heads back to her home-town to work in her mother's salon until she can piece together again the pieces of her once near perfect life.

But she comes face to face with her past, I-want-you-naked-and-screaming-my-name Matt. She faces him head on all nerves of steal, but the hurt that Matt inflicted on her poor teenage heart is still there, simmering on the surface and ready to explode.

Ho
Clau
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: in-english, kindle
Free on Amazon!
Eva Rose
I only touched on this book because it was free, I'm so glad that I spend no money on it. It started out solid and then it dissolved into stupidity about 25% of the way in.

Evie and Matt are childhood friends who had sex in their teenage years and he was an asshole about it afterwards, bragged to all the boys in their small town how she was really easy. Right off the bat I hated on this asshole, especially since he feels its perfectly okay to say he is sorry and then try to seduce Evie again yea
Debra Johnson
Hot Pursuit by Lynn Raye Harris
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Crime, Romance, Suspense
3.5 Stars

Just a few adjustments to this story and it would have been a solid 4 stars for me.

There was action and suspense on virtually every page. Most of which I enjoyed. Unfortunately there were also instances of the mc's having 'Asinine' moments during the action.
Then there is excessive repetition in the mc's thoughts about each other, their past and themselves. Add to that, some of these thoughts are truly j
Emily
Evangeline "Evie" Baker gave her virginity to Matt Girard and in it's wake he walked away for ten years and left her to deal with the small town who took notice. Matt has come back for his sisters wedding only to find that Evie is the only one not thrilled with his return.

Evie wants nothing to do with Matt, they had been the best of friends and his walking away from her without a word was a betrayal that cut deep, still does. Matt wants to make it up to Evie and when he finds she is in danger he
Heather andrews
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Matt sure has some naughty thoughts when Evie is concerned, "Evie." She stopped in front of him, arms crossed. Jesus. She was all curves and sleek skin in a pair of cut-off jean shorts and a body-hugging pink tank top. Her legs were still long, still built to hug a man's waist. Sh**. He didn't need to be thinking that way." Evie she's a sassy little thing, "her heart did a little skip. "There's no need to sweet-talk me, soldier. I'm already naked under this robe." Matt has issues containing urge ...more
Diana Tan
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HOT pursuit, indeed!!! Who wouldn't want Matt in their lives? This book is definitely worth the wait. I love second chance romances and Lynn Raye Harris writes some of the best ones. Matt and Evie are definitely soulmates. I love their passion. Absolutely HOT!!! The combination of romance, action and suspense kept me on my toes. Highly recommended!
*Nan*

This was the first M/F book I have read in quite a while and although it took me a while to get into the story, I really enjoyed it and will definitely get back to reading more books like this in 2015. By the end of last year I was really having trouble deciding what M/M books to read so this was a really nice change.

This was my first book by this author and it won't be my last.
Anuradha
It's not that the writing was bad, it's that the story was. And the characters were. And well, it was shit, basically.
Alison
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am going to eat this series up really fast loved it!!!!

Thanks to Lana for giving me visuals on Matt (yummy)
Nancy Crocker
Shelves: netgalley
I have been waiting a while for this book to be released. And let me tell you it was worth the wait. This is one HOT, action packed, hold on to your seat ride. There's betrayal, murder, car chases, an explosion, a kidnapping and passion. What more could you ask for in a book.

Evangeline "Evie" Baker first met Matthew "Matt" Girard when she was only seven years old. By sixteen she is offering him her virginity, but soon her young heart is shattered by his betrayal. Though she moved on with her lif
Tina "IRead2Escape"
4.5 Stars

Holy, hot hostile operations! This book is every bit as sexy as the cover. Hot Pursuit is the first book in the Hostile Operations Team series by Lynn Raye Harris and in case you can't tell I loved it! I definitely wouldn't categorize it as erotica or even graphically sexy, but the story, the plot, the characters sucked you in and wouldn't let you go. This book has it all...action, intrigue, heat, banter and tons of depth.

Evie Baker is back in town to lick her wounds and get back her l

• SEAL Defender (Brothers in Arms #1)
  • Night with a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #1)
  • Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)
  • SEAL the Deal (Alpha SEALs, #1)
  • SEAL The Deal (Special Ops: Homefront #1)
  • Edge of Control (Edge Security, #1)
  • Dangerously Taken (Aegis Group Lepta Team, #1)
  • Serial Love (Saints Protection & Investigation, #1)
  • Fall Out (SEALs Undone, #1)
  • Rescuing Katherine (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Bravo RISC Team #2)
  • Unpredictable Risk (R.I.S.C. #5)
  • Fall Hard (SEALs Undone, #2)
  • Jameson's Salvation (Gemini Group, #2)
  • Blind Fury (Men of Steele, #1)
  • Mission: Impossible to Love (Impossible Mission #3)
  • Fatal Truth (Shadow Force International, #1)
  • Nixon's Promise (Gemini Group #1)
  • More, Please (Homefront: The Sheridans, #1)
Lynn Raye Harris is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of sizzling military romantic suspense novels and contemporary romance novels. She lives in Alabama with her husband (former military), her cat, and her American Saddlebred horse.

Find me on Amazon!

Find me on Facebook!

Find me on Instagram!

Hostile Operations Team (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • HOT Mess (Hostile Operations Team, #2)
  • Dangerously HOT (Hostile Operations Team, #3)
  • HOT Package (Hostile Operations Team, #4)
  • HOT Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • HOT Rebel (Hostile Operations Team, #6)
  • HOT Ice (Hostile Operations Team, #7)
  • HOT & Bothered (Hostile Operations Team, #8)
  • HOT Protector (Hostile Operations Team, #9)
  • HOT Addiction (Hostile Operations Team, #10)
  • HOT Valor (Hostile Operations Team, #11)

News & Interviews

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”  Theodor Geisel said...
“Stay on my six, he said, nuzzling the hair at her ear and breathing deeply the sweet scent of her.

You remember what that is, right?

It's your ass.”
20 likes
“I’ll move heaven and earth to make you happy, Evie. I want you there when I wake up every morning and there when I go to sleep at night. I love you, even if you don’t do a damn thing I tell you to do.” 14 likes