Start by marking “Just Human (Just Human, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just Human (Just Human, #1)

Just Human

(Just Human #1)

Meet Liv and Danny...

Liv loves Danny. She knows she loves him more than he loves her, so she lets him go without a fight when his parents make him move back to America. She knows she will never love anyone like she loved him, but she has to move on.

Published July 20th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Just Human, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Human

.Lili.
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
 photo ahhhmyeyes_zps205cc3bd.gif
So glad I waited for book 2 before I started reading this!

Book 2, here I come!
 photo tumblr_lmbz0xJhrD1qib9ks_zps5c5c03c7.gif

I'll come back to review, MUST START BOOK 2 NOW!
Smitten's Book Blog

4.5 STARS!

Well, I was going to say that this is a super cute, easy, quick read... and then Kerry Heavens bulldozed me with a really mean cliffhanger! This will teach me to do my research. I totally didn't realise that this was a cliffy. It isn't completely brutal and it won't leave you a snotty, incoherent mess, but you will be like 'Whaaaat? No! I need to know what happens!'

An adorable second chance romance, this story, set in the UK, begins when twenty-nine-year-old Liv discovers her douchebag
Patrycja
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, reviewed

ARC provided by an author in exchange for honest review. This review will be also posted on 25th July on Smokin’ Hot Book Blog

Sweet. Loveable. Entertaining. Everything Second Chance Romance Fan needs.

Just human is enjoyable second chance romance that will capture your attention and warm your heart. It’s really realistc story, that can happen to all of us and that makes it even more enchanting read.

Olivia is twenty nine year old owner of a bar, who lives in UK. She’s trying to find stability
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“You have been the unfinished business in my life for twelve years, Liv.”

I am on such a book high, I could scream!!! Who knew a book I accidentally picked would end up turning me into a hermit for two days and then rocking my world to a point where I have no desire to start another?! This story was everything I seek, need, hope to find in a romance book, and then some. A modern fairy-tale of second chances at love, of true love surviving time, distance, life – from the very first page I was
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just Human by Kerry Heavens

4 stars!!

“There has been something missing in my life ever since that day and last week, for the first time in twelve years, something changed. The missing piece came into view and I had to come see if I could put myself back together.”

I love second chance romance and I love friends to lovers and this had both!! So I was extremely spoilt!! This is another debut author who has done an amazing job for a first book. I was engrossed from start to finish which is no mean fe
Nina Life of a Bookworm
Life of a bookworm
Just Human by Kerry Heavens (review on English and Croatian)

About the book:

Meet Liv and Danny...

Danny loves Liv. He knows he loves her more than she loves him, because she does nothing to get him to stay, so he goes quietly when his parents leave the UK.
Love, Holly Xx
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
********ARC received in exchange for an honest review********

I am so happy to be a part of this Blog Tour for Kerry Heavens’ debut novel Just Human. Not only because Kerry is someone I became friends with over Twitter a while ago, but because this book is truly a terrific read and definitely one you need to look out for. I’m not gonna lie . . . As I was reading I was really surprised at just how good it was and I kept thinking “Wow! I can’t believe Kerry actually wrote this!!!”

So we have Danny a
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 24, 2013 marked it as considering
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Tricia Santos
How did I miss this book? this one is getting some buzz, I hear it ends on a cliffy, but book 2 is out or should be out soon.... so I'm adding it!

Gwen ~the Book Diva
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. It was a nice but pretty uneventful romance for a good 95% of the book. If I had read this book a year ago, I probably would have given it 5 stars. Now, I am always looking for a twist in the plot. I also like elements of surprise in my stories. Book 1 does end in a cliff that is totally predictable and it makes me want to smack both Liv and Danny. It's what happens when one withholds information for too long and the other jumps to conclusions too fast. I will read book 2 just to see ...more
Jill
Jan 01, 2014 rated it liked it
I actually really enjoyed this book. I did find the characters to be really frustrating but it wasn't enough overly annoy me. There is a cliff at the end but book #2 is already on my kindle so it wasn't a big deal. Liv & Danny are very adorable together. I felt so bad for him at the end of the book. He's a "nice" guy. I'll take a nice guy over a bad boy any day. Liv and her insecurities tend to make her annoying but I still liked her. On to book #2.....
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
JustHuman

Just Human is a book I let sit in my to-be-read pile for about a good month or so. I kept wanting to read it, and kept having other things crop up and didn't really have the chance to. So! A Sunday came around that I had free, and let me tell you, I took my Kindle, grabbed my cellphone and went and laid in the hammock. I spent all day in there, with a glass of sweet peach tea and Just Human. That alone may tell you how much I enjoyed this book, but the book itself? Oh my, Heavens. And yes, I me
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
Just Human Collage

All right so here is the deal. The ending of this booked left me wretched! I mean come on...Really?!? However in saying that- this book should be on your TBR list. You need to take the time to fall in love with this fabulous story!

Liv is fabulous. She is a funny, take charge gal. She is successful in life. Runs a great business. Has great friends - Max is absolutely fab! The one place she is lacking - love! Her love life is awful. Loser guys, never feel the void in her heart. Problem is she gave
Karen
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
I first read Just Human on holiday in France August 2013. It was my book of the holiday - and that is praise indeed. I also read Sylvain Reynard's Gabriel books, Nicole Edwards Zane and Kaleb, some Abbie Glines. Anyway something about Just Human clicked.

May be it was the sweet, first love of Danny and Liv when they were young. I can still remember that awful feeling when young love ends and you feel like you stomach has been scooped out by a big melon baller.

May be it was the movie references th
Nancy
Nov 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
I really was bored with this book by 60%, but decided to plow through since it was an easy read and I figured I would see how it ended. However, NOTHING happens until 95% into the book and then it is a cliffhanger. I hate this new style of books being shoved out onto the market. Nothing happens in the first book, but you invest in the characters and then you have to read the second book. I will not be reading the next one, because I barely made it through this one. But you should know that if yo ...more
Tiana
I've only read four chapters, and that's enough for me.

Not sure who this Kerry Heavens person is, but she is an absolutely horrible writer.

There was no depth to Just Human. There were clichés and stereotypes through all four chapters, I'd hate to imagine what the rest of the book is like. The writing is very poor, obnoxious and uneducated. The female lead was incredibly trite and dull as dirt, there was no characterisation whatsoever. The only thing I got from her character was that she was a
Vanessa

Finally got through this one. Took me a week which is insanely long for me on one average length read. Didn't like it as much as I thought I would, but I didn't hate it either. Seriously drug on in many places. I thought that the initial back and forth Facebook banter would last longer, kind of build the anticipation, but it ended reasonably quickly. And this was my favorite, and also, the most exciting aspect of the story. Just didn't feel that invested in Liv and Danny as a couple.

On
Kelle
Oct 23, 2013 rated it liked it
You know when you read a great book and then move onto your next read you have your expectations up and then you just get an "eh" feeling?
Yep, that happened with this. Perhaps I wasn't in the right state of mind to read this coming off the book high I had from my previous read.
This was just another book I can put in the category of "I didn't hate it but I didn't love it"
I think the best parts for me were Danny's POV. Liv kind of worked my nerves at times and it seemed like her POVs were a bit m
Nicole
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars...just wasn't for me. I like characters that have darker back stories. I did like the reconnection on social media but I lost a connection to the story. And I didn't understand the retelling of some of the same scenes from Danny's POV. I already read it once so I don't need them revisited thru his POV. I am fine with dual POVs, just don't restate the same scenes with very little new information. This is just my review for the book. If you notice, there are plenty of 4/5 star reviews. S ...more
Megpie
Nothing was happening. I mean nothing. I was so bored and didn't connect to either character. Their romance was dull and predictable. And really, a few messages on Facebook and a few days later and they are "in-love" again and picking up where they left off YEARS before? Nah, didn't buy it and thought it was too easy and boring. There needed to be more build up or conflict... or something interesting happening.

I may come back to this one later, but right now, I'm just not feeling this mushy rea
Fien
I bought this book because it was cheap on amazon. I didn't know what to expect from it and none of my goodreads friends have read it.

At first I was a bit confused because it looked like it started in the middle of something and not at the beginning. But when I kept reading on everything fell into place.
I enjoyed the story line. Although everything was going to good for my liking. I knew I had to brace for something bad to happen. And it did with a huge Fucking cliffhanger.
Hollie
Good Lord what a waste of time

This book was not only lame and cliche but repetitious. Each conversation seemed to be repeated multiple times. The only decent part of this book was the sex. At the ending of this train wreck of a book it ends on a cliffhanger. Really? So not only did I waste my time and money in a ridiculous book but it had no ending. I didn't even realize this was a series..I'll be adding this writer to my "avoid" list.
Angie
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
FULL RECOMMENDATION AND FAVORITE QUOTE ON SMUTBOOKCLUB.COM

I loved this book. I loved the sweetness, the humor, the love story, the sexing, the characters, the history, the sexing, and the sweetness. Oh, and the sexing.
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
UGH ITS A CLIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mary
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was such a great second chance love story book....full of heartwarming, sweet, wonderful moments. Danny and Liv were together as teenagers...completely in love. They both thought each loved each other more and each of them didn't really voice their feelings as they should have. Danny's parents had to move to the US and Danny wanted to stay with Liv and start their lives together at 19..he was going to propose and she didn't want him to leave either, but neither had the nerve to say anything ...more
Stacey Polston - The Reading Mermaid
First of all, I want to say that Kerry hit the nail on the freaking head when it comes to how the female mind reacts to messaging back and forth to a male of interest. Couldn't have done that part better myself if I even tried.

With that said, there are tons of other things that Kerry brilliantly wrote in this book. The well developed, (and very well liked)characters have a history and a love that (eventually) crosses an ocean and countries. The sexiness and sweetness that becomes Liv & Dann
Kindling Micky
A well deserved 5 stars. A lovely read set in the real world not cloud cuckoo land. This is the story of Liv and Danny who were childhood beat friends then sweethearts. Danny moved to the US from the UK when they were 17 and neither of them ever got over one another. Then Danny gets in touch on Facebook. ...........
Nicole
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for me, but son of a motherfucking cliffhanger!!!!!!!!
Hannah (bookwormstalk)
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
The entire idea of this book was sweetly romantic! Your long ago love flying across seas to rekindle romance? I mean, who wouldn't swoon?
Jessica's Book Review
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read more reviews | Find Me on Facebook

“No one has even come close. I made a good show of getting over him. But I know deep down, I never actually did.” - Liv

Just Human by Kerry Heavens is an adorable read about childhood sweetheart hearts reconnecting 12 years later. I am such a sucker for falling in love with the boy next-door romances. They are my weakness!

It took me a chapter or two to get attached to the story and the character of Liv. Once I was able to get to know Liv more I fell in lo
Sleepless in Chicago
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Excuse me. Give me a moment. I'm still reeling from the ending of the book.

Ok. I'm ok now. Maybe.

Liv and Danny were childhood best friends. As they grew, their friendship developed into something more. Love? Maybe, but they were just teenagers, and before they could really see where things were going, Danny's family moves back to the U.S.

They both decide that the long distance thing isn't going to work and that it's best that they go their separate ways. I mean, they're 17 years old, too young t
Advanced Copies f...: FLASH GIVEAWAY! ends 7 pm EST tonight! 1 10 Jul 25, 2013 07:37AM
  • Every Breath (Every Life, #1)
  • Just Breathe (Breathe, #1)
  • Beside Your Heart (The Heart, #1)
  • The Bridge (The Bridge, #1)
  • Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2)
  • I Breathe You
  • Destined to Succeed (Destined, #2)
  • The One Left Behind (The One, #1)
  • Luck of Love (Luck, #1)
  • Moore to Lose (Needing Moore, #2)
  • A Life More Complete
  • Painted Lines
  • Lost in Distraction (Lost, #1)
  • By a Thread (By a Thread, #1)
  • Undertow
  • I Surrender (I Surrender #1)
  • Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
  • Lifeless (Lifeless, #1)
Indie author, iPhone addict & general ray of sunshine! I write steamy romance, dirty romcoms and other such smut.

Just Human (2 books)
  • Still Human (Just Human, #2)
“I’ve tried very hard since then, not to hold everything up against what we had, but it’s impossible. There has been something missing in my life ever since that day and last week, for the first time in twelve years, something changed. The missing piece came into view and I had to come see if I could put myself back together.” 10 likes
“What is the acceptable length of time before you change your life to be with the person you love? A day was all I needed.” 9 likes