Start by marking “Deadly Attraction (Nightmare Hall, #3)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Attraction (Nightmare Hall, #3)

Deadly Attraction

(Nightmare Hall #3)

The night Robert Q and Darlene meet, their attraction is immediate. But he's just playing around and after sweeping her off her feet, he dumps her. He doesn't know the rules of this game, and Darlene is playing for keeps. He may think it's over, but he's wrong...dead wrong.
Published January 20th 1995 by SCHOLASTIC POINT (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Attraction

Start your review of Deadly Attraction (Nightmare Hall, #3)
Louise
Apr 14, 2011 rated it liked it
3/5 Really good :) Kept me guessing all the way to end. Was surprised at who the killer turned out to be. Really got into this book. One of the better Point Horror books I have read.
Kate
Hailey knows rich Robert Q isn't really interested in Darlene - after all, she's just a townie and doesn't even attend Salem University. But Darlene's so head-over-heels that Hailey feels bad and tries to help her. When Robert Q dumps Darlene at a party, however, things take a turn for the terrifying. Robert Q's new interest, Gerrie, gets hit by a rock and end up in the hospital. His best friend Richard dies in a car accident. And Hailey herself becomes a target. Is Darlene getting her revenge? ...more
Mia
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, young-adult
Rachel Verna
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a Point Horror that I thought I had read but now I'm not so sure. The ending setting is similar but a lot of 90s books could have ended that way. Diane Hoh was always one of the better Point Horror writers so I did find myself really invested in this story and the solution wasn't obvious without coming from no way.

I have read the past two books in Nightmare Hall, I reconsizgze the setting more than any characters that I think have meant to have appeared in the last book. Hell, but I
Cate
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third installation of the Nightmare Hall series is a gripping one, it's off slow before quickly throwing you into a situation that could possibly occur in the real world.

Jealous lovers, slightly delusional girls, and quite a few lovers quarrels. You aren't reading from the perspective of one of the lovers, instead of a friend who wants the best for her and suddenly becomes a target because of that.

My favourite read so far in this series, id recommend it for a light read to a young
Vicki
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
I liked this nightmare hall book. I liked the story and the characters but I did prdictcthe ending.
Mehsi
Finally a book in this series without the supernatural element!
Nothing in this book was to blame on a ghost, a scary machine or something else. Everything was 100% human.

And let's also just say this: I had no clue that that person was the criminal, not until a certain event happened, then I had my suspicions and soon after it was indeed confirmed. Dang, I love when that happens. I think if I re-read it in a few months I might see the hints/herrings, but now I was so thinking it was that person
Brandon Perez
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*4.5*

Aunque la historia engancha desde el primer momento en el medio se vuelve un poco flojo aunque al final vuelve a tener esa emoción del comienzo. Me encanto esta historia tenía sus momentos en los que no dejaba de leer.

Todos los sospechosos que tenía terminaron siendo los incorrectos aunque vilmente al final me hizo creer que yo estaba bien, pero vaya que no, no me lo esperaba.

Aunque creo que sin ese romance entre Hailey y Finn hubiera sido mejor, me gusta el romance pero cuando es
Natasha ⚡️
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nightmare-hall
Very good book, I enjoyed reading it.
Alex
I thought I'd read every single one of the Nightmare Hall books as a kid, but this particular one did not ring any bells when I started it. I actually think this must be one of the only ones I never read, because even after the big reveal I didn't remember this one at all.

It had the normal Nightmare Hall plot and red herrings though, and I still enjoyed it for what it was. I'm having a lot of fun revisiting these childhood series!
Stacy Simpson
Dec 22, 2010 rated it did not like it
This was another flop in the Diane Hoh series. The killer could have been so much more and it didnt make sense at all why that was the one she picked as the antagonist.

I would pass this up the series as a whole is turning readily into crap!
Vitor Truono
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are practically those long police novels but very synthesized, action on every page. I have a crush on these young adult series such as Nightmare Hall and Fear Street... Love'em.
Gale

• Paperbacks From Hell: The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction
  • Spring Break
  • The Yearbook
  • Help Wanted
  • Cunning Devil (Lost Falls #1)
  • Twins
  • The Photographer
  • Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)
  • Pay Dirt (Lost Falls #2)
  • Tooth and Nail (Lost Falls #3)
  • Wakenhyrst
  • Strange Planet
  • Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1
  • Tomie
  • Freeze Tag
  • Silent Stalker
  • The Twisted Ones
  • Lagom: The Swedish Art of Balanced Living
Diane Hoh is the author of fifty-seven novels for young adults. She grew up in Warren, Pennsylvania but currently resides in Austin, Texas. Reading and writing are her favorite things, alongside gardening and grandchildren.

Nightmare Hall (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • The Silent Scream (Nightmare Hall, #1)
  • The Roommate (Nightmare Hall, #2)
  • The Wish (Nightmare Hall, #4)
  • The Scream Team (Nightmare Hall, #5)
  • Guilty (Nightmare Hall, #6)
  • Pretty Please (Nightmare Hall, #7)
  • The Experiment (Nightmare Hall, #8)
  • The Night Walker (Nightmare Hall, #9)
  • Sorority Sister (Nightmare Hall, #10)
  • Last Date (Nightmare Hall, #11)