Start by marking “Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3 (The Search, #3)” as Want to Read:
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3 (The Search, #3)

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3

(The Search #3)

The Fate of the Fire Lord!

Avatar Aang travels to the spirit world to parlay with an ancient power, bringing Fire Lord Zuko ever closer to discovering the truth about his mother's fate—and his own past. Yet Zuko's sister Azula is becoming increasingly dangerous, threatening to ruin everything that Zuko, Aang, Katara, and Sokka have struggled to achieve on their search!
Published October 30th 2013 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Avatar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avatar

Start your review of Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3 (The Search, #3)
Sana
I'm kind of disappointed with what happened with Azula's character in this final part. It was the same ol' fun read, but I'm very disappointed with how Azula's character was handled and I have so many unanswered questions about her character. The ending was sort of anticlimactic...but I still enjoyed this a lot.

It was interesting to learn about Zuko's family and I love Zuko. He's my precious son.

I'm just very disappointed with Azula's character and that's pretty much my only complaint with this.
Hannah
P E R F E C T I O N

RTC
Isa Lavinia
Aug 26, 2013 rated it did not like it

This series was such a roller-coaster of building expectations, mediocre deliveries, and astonishing bad endings...

For any fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender, there was always that great mystery: where is Ursa, Zuko and Azula's mother? Where was she while her husband maimed their son? Where was she while her daughter spiralled into madness? Where is she now?

In this series Zuko finds some clues to his mother's whereabouts and decides to try to find her with the help of team Avatar and, to my
Abigail
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.
Overall, I feel like this is a great end to the trilogy. There are some parts that I wish were longer and more well explained and some parts I wish weren't just thrown in there but still I enjoyed this books as a finale all the same.
My only real complaint with this book is that we never get a conclusion on Azula. She starts to talk normal and then she runs into the forest, that's the last we see of her.
Great trilogy. I wish this had been added to the original television show as peop
Tilly
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This trilogy was amazing! Even better than The Promise in my opinion!
Aleksandra
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Loved it!! I'm so happy with the way things resolved, I liked that we get this extra information about everyone and especially Zuko and his family.
Great conclusion to The Search trilogy!
Sophia
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story line! I loved seeing the many different relationships; the dynamics between different siblings! I loved the journey, how every one was there for each other, that even Azula had her brother there for her. I also really enjoyed the flashbacks (I am a sucker for flashbacks!) In this part especially, there was some amazing full page (or almost full page) artwork that was just stunning! Overall, I really enjoyed this series and I can't wait to see where it goes from here!
Alexandra Elend Wolf
"Azula, our relationship is so messed up. It's been like that as long as I can remember, and maybe it'll be like that for the rest of our lives. But one fact never changes, no matter what, you're still my sister."

This conclusion was so satisfying, exactly what I wanted.

Ursa's story is so sad, but at the same time beautiful. I felt bad for her. Ozai really was crazy and a bastard, honestly he deserved much worse than what he got. Yet, even though life was hard for her she managed to be a goo
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This finale probably raised as many questions as it answered.
I want to know more about Ursa.
And definitely more about Azula.
Was she just crazy? Or were the voices in her head real?

It was amazing though and I loved every moment of it.

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG
Viola
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love that we finally got the answers about Zuko‘s mother. I loved how we found out a lot more about Zuko‘s family (and I definitely hate Ozai so freaking much!!!!!!!!!!!) but omg this series was so emotional. I literally cried and laughed out loud about everything.

Ahhh I love Avatar just so much, definitely one of the best story in the world!!!!
Sonja ✧・゚。★*☾
3.5/5 stars

At last, in The Search: Part Three, it is finally revealed what really happened to Ursa. Zuko's and Azula's mother, Ursa, has always been a cause of fascination in the TV series. There was always mystery surrounding her disappearance and for many years I've wondered what happened to her.

Finally after all the years of waiting, the search has ended. Ursa's whole life story unfolds in snippets throughout The Search. And I've got to say: it's quite satisfying to know at long last what hap
Eric
This is killing me. I am really upset at how lost this story got and frankly it feels way too convenient to have the kind of ending... after all these years to just resolve like it did. Also, I can't accept that you have a powerful being who has one talent, who then miraculously have this other super awesome talent. Seriously. If I tried to explain this to someone who wasn't reading it they'd call foul. Looking at others reviews it does appear we were supposed to be so excited to finally find ou ...more
Anna lost in stories *A*
since I read all three parts in one day, my review will be about the whole story and the same in all three places :) 5 stars for this amazing story :) my sister, who already read all five currently available trilogies claims this was her favourite one and I definitely can see why :) I adored getting to know what happened with Zuko's mother, and the flashbacks throughout all the installments were amazing :) honestly I am just having so much fun being back in this world :) and even though there is ...more
Cath
*weeps*
blackmarketfungi
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Here I'm going to be reviewing parts 1, 2 and 3:

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search was a highlight of the Avatarverse. It was emotional, funny, had plenty of action ... basically it was Avatar.

The art is amazing. So much thought and energy went into the art for The Search. You could feel the emotions they wanted to convey with each character. With Azula you could easily tell which head space she was in. You could even tell when certain faceless characters where experiencing certain emotions.
Saarah
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favourite one yet. We finally got to see what happened to zukos mother. I hate Ozai even more after this one and can't wait to find out what happened to Azula later on.
Isabel
THANK YOU!!!
Finally, I know what happened to Zuko‘s mother 🙌🏼
Kathrin
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it
The end was only a mild surprise, nothing very exciting. It had it's twists and turns, but other than that it didn't have much new.
I wondered if it was really necessary that the whole Team Avatar went on the journey with Zuko. Sure, Aang was important, because he communicated with the spirit world and all that. But Katara? She was just there as his girlfriend. Fullstop.
Sokka wasn't much more than a comic relief. Would it have been that bad to split up the team for just one adventure? I mean, T
Bribookreviews
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
i was in tears by the end of this volume. so many emotions

I am still not sure I agree with Ursa's decision to wipe her memory. No matter how horrible it was, her children needed her to remember them (especially Azula) and Im glad she chose to regain her memory because shes got much more mother/daughter relationship building to do.....cause...dat girl be cray. I have to say though that Azula's behavior is sort of justified. just saying
Samantha
Oct 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Nataly
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
¡POR FIN SUPE QUE LE SUCEDIÓ A LA MAMÁ DE SUKO! <3 ...more
Estrella
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
Finally, the answer to the most haunting question of my childhood!
And I only had to go on a eleven year journey to regain my honor first. Hehe, oh well...

I loved the Search, it is so weird, yet the Avatar World keeps getting away with all that weirdness and manages to send me on an emotional flying bison ride.

I will have to pick up more of these stories in the future.
Emma L.
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rtc

Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟 (4/5 stars).

No avatar comic can and will disappoint me. I also loved learning what finally happened to Zuko's mum and I just love and appreciate my baby Zuko so much. I loved being back in the world and seeing Azula again. I sincerely hope my girl will be okay in the future. ALSO SOKKA IS THE REAL MVP and Kiyi is just the cutest.
Zohal
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved this one! I love the flashbacks and all the tie-ins to the original series. So wonderful!

Jessica
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally some answers! Annnnd some more questions...

This one was pretty sweet; it's a shame they never animated it.
Jen • Just One More Page

Review for all three parts under the cut.
Chris Lemmerman
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review is for the entire story rather than the individual parts.

The mystery that has haunted almost every Avatar fan, the true fate of Zuko's mother, is finally revealed in this second three-part tale from the excellent creative team of Gene Luen Yang and Guruhiru.

This story is a lot more focused than The Promise was, although it again meanders a little in the middle, with Azula going mad and attacking everyone something like 6 times in 3 books, which is a little much. I do like the continu
Elevetha
3.5 stars.

Hmm. I expected a bit more from this one. I mean, sure, we got to see where Ursa and Ikem ended up, which I did not see coming, but I still had a few issues.

Brittany
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SPOILERS FOR AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER TV SHOW!

My heart is simultaneously full and broken after reading this. This whole graphic novel has been about the backstory of Zuko's mother and it was fantastic. I could never have seen what was going to happen coming. It really blew me away to find out Ursa's story.
Zuko is such a complex character with such a difficult backstory and this was the final closure that he needed. This was a great read because it had the emotional intensity that all Avatar
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part Three (Imbalance, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part Two (Imbalance, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part One (Imbalance, #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, #3)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Two (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire Part Three
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part One (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Two (Ruins of the Empire, #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part One (Ruins of the Empire, #1)
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • The Rise of Kyoshi (The Kyoshi Novels, #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series Book One: Air
  • The Legend of Korra - Lost Pets (FCBD 2018)
  • Avatar Free Comic Book Day 2011 (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series Book Two: Spirits
  • The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series Book Four: Balance
  • Avatar Volume 1: The Last Airbender (Avatar #1)
Gene Yang began drawing comic books in the fifth grade. In 1997, he received the Xeric Grant, a prestigious comics industry grant, for Gordon Yamamoto and the King of the Geeks, his first comics work as an adult. He has since written and drawn a number of titles, including Duncan's Kingdom (with art by Derek Kirk Kim) and The Rosary Comic Book. American Born Chinese received National Book Award.

He

The Search (3 books)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 1 (The Search, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 2 (The Search, #2)