Start by marking “Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3 (The Search, #3)” as Want to Read:
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3 (The Search, #3)

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3 (The Search #3)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  4,510 Ratings  ·  293 Reviews
The Fate of the Fire Lord!

Avatar Aang travels to the spirit world to parlay with an ancient power, bringing Fire Lord Zuko ever closer to discovering the truth about his mother's fate—and his own past. Yet Zuko's sister Azula is becoming increasingly dangerous, threatening to ruin everything that Zuko, Aang, Katara, and Sokka have struggled to achieve on their search!
Published October 30th 2013 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Avatar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avatar

sana  °¤°
I'm kind of disappointed with what happened with Azula's character in this final part. It was the same ol' fun read, but I'm very disappointed with how Azula's character was handled and I have so many unanswered questions about her character. The ending was sort of anticlimactic...but I still enjoyed this a lot.

It was interesting to learn about Zuko's family and I love Zuko. He's my precious son.

I'm just very disappointed with Azula's character and that's pretty much my only complaint with this.
Hannah

RTC
Abigail
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.
Overall, I feel like this is a great end to the trilogy. There are some parts that I wish were longer and more well explained and some parts I wish weren't just thrown in there but still I enjoyed this books as a finale all the same.
My only real complaint with this book is that we never get a conclusion on Azula. She starts to talk normal and then she runs into the forest, that's the last we see of her.
Great trilogy. I wish this had been added to the original television show as peop
Merve Özcan
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
En sonunda anaya ne olduğunu öğrendim. Huzur içinde ölebilirim.:D
Macarena Yannelli
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Adoro adoro adoro Avatar. Me había olvidado lo mucho que me gusta el mundo y los personajes. Y quiero la próxima trilogía de novelas :D
Tilly
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This trilogy was amazing! Even better than The Promise in my opinion!
Iryna (Book and Sword)
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This finale probably raised as many questions as it answered.
I want to know more about Ursa.
And definitely more about Azula.
Was she just crazy? Or were the voices in her head real?

It was amazing though and I loved every moment of it.

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG
Isa Lavinia
Aug 26, 2013 rated it did not like it

This series was such a roller-coaster of building expectations, mediocre deliveries, and astonishing bad endings...

For any fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender, there was always that great mystery: where is Ursa, Zuko and Azula's mother? Where was she while her husband maimed their son? Where was she while her daughter spiralled into madness? Where is she now?

In this series Zuko finds some clues to his mother's whereabouts and decides to try to find her with the help of team Avatar and, to my del
Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧
3.5/5 stars

At last, in The Search: Part Three, it is finally revealed what really happened to Ursa. Zuko's and Azula's mother, Ursa, has always been a cause of fascination in the TV series. There was always mystery surrounding her disappearance and for many years I've wondered what happened to her.

Finally after all the years of waiting, the search has ended. Ursa's whole life story unfolds in snippets throughout The Search. And I've got to say: it's quite satisfying to know at long last what hap
Raha Shirley
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Avatar fans, Zuko lovers
Shelves: made-me-cry
این پایان یک تجربه دوست داشتنیه

جست و جو برای من مثل یه خواب شیرین بود، مثل یک رویا... و این جلد، نهایت خوشی بود.
تا حالا شده یه کتاب خیلی خیلی خوب بخونید که وقتی تموم شه احساس آرامش و خوشبختی کنید؟ یه خوشی که از قلب تون برخاسته؟! تا حالا شده بعد از تموم کردن خوندن یک کتاب یه لبخند پهن صورت تون رو بگیره و ته دلتون به نویسنده بگید: " راضیم ازت! " ؟؟ جست و جو از این نوع کتاباست وقتی تموم شد، پر بودم. پر از خوشی و آرامش. اگه بگم صفحات آخر گریه مو در آورد دروغ نگفتم.

جست و جو یه جوابه. یه جواب کامل
*weeps*
blackmarketfungi
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Here I'm going to be reviewing parts 1, 2 and 3:

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search was a highlight of the Avatarverse. It was emotional, funny, had plenty of action ... basically it was Avatar.

The art is amazing. So much thought and energy went into the art for The Search. You could feel the emotions they wanted to convey with each character. With Azula you could easily tell which head space she was in. You could even tell when certain faceless characters where experiencing certain emotions.
Saarah
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favourite one yet. We finally got to see what happened to zukos mother. I hate Ozai even more after this one and can't wait to find out what happened to Azula later on.
Eric
This is killing me. I am really upset at how lost this story got and frankly it feels way too convenient to have the kind of ending... after all these years to just resolve like it did. Also, I can't accept that you have a powerful being who has one talent, who then miraculously have this other super awesome talent. Seriously. If I tried to explain this to someone who wasn't reading it they'd call foul. Looking at others reviews it does appear we were supposed to be so excited to finally find ou ...more
Samantha A
Oct 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Nataly
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
¡POR FIN SUPE QUE LE SUCEDIÓ A LA MAMÁ DE SUKO! <3
Kathrin
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it
The end was only a mild surprise, nothing very exciting. It had it's twists and turns, but other than that it didn't have much new.
I wondered if it was really necessary that the whole Team Avatar went on the journey with Zuko. Sure, Aang was important, because he communicated with the spirit world and all that. But Katara? She was just there as his girlfriend. Fullstop.
Sokka wasn't much more than a comic relief. Would it have been that bad to split up the team for just one adventure? I mean, T
A
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
since I read all three parts in one day, my review will be about the whole story and the same in all three places :) 5 stars for this amazing story :) my sister, who already read all five currently available trilogies claims this was her favourite one and I definitely can see why :) I adored getting to know what happened with Zuko's mother, and the flashbacks throughout all the installments were amazing :) honestly I am just having so much fun being back in this world :) and even though there is ...more
Zohal
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved this one! I love the flashbacks and all the tie-ins to the original series. So wonderful!

Bribookreviews
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
i was in tears by the end of this volume. so many emotions

I am still not sure I agree with Ursa's decision to wipe her memory. No matter how horrible it was, her children needed her to remember them (especially Azula) and Im glad she chose to regain her memory because shes got much more mother/daughter relationship building to do.....cause...dat girl be cray. I have to say though that Azula's behavior is sort of justified. just saying
Jen • Just One More Page

Review for all three parts under the cut.
Elevetha
3.5 stars.

Hmm. I expected a bit more from this one. I mean, sure, we got to see where Ursa and Ikem ended up, which I did not see coming, but I still had a few issues.

Chris Lemmerman
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review is for the entire story rather than the individual parts.

The mystery that has haunted almost every Avatar fan, the true fate of Zuko's mother, is finally revealed in this second three-part tale from the excellent creative team of Gene Luen Yang and Guruhiru.

This story is a lot more focused than The Promise was, although it again meanders a little in the middle, with Azula going mad and attacking everyone something like 6 times in 3 books, which is a little much. I do like the continu
Don
I am blown away ...

I cried in this, I have only ever cried in two other books. (If I Stay) and (Eragon).

It takes a special kind of book to get me to ball my eyes out and this one hit the mark.

This should be an episode man! Do it for the fans.

I can't describe it, but I'll try. The story ties everything together nicely. There is just enough suspense to keep me on the edge of my seat-

You know what, I an actually speechless, nothing I say will do this book justice.

Read it. Enough said.

My reaction
Carly
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was not impressed. Really that's the kind of ending you're going to give to Ursa? I would have rather gone on wondering and theorizing on what happened to her. Not that it was terrible just really disappointing.
P.n.m
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
well I really think they have cool cover!it's awesome!

After reading:That was awesome.I like the way that the story went and I think it's the best in this series.I love dialogs!
Laura (Bookies & Cookies)
That was perfect. Maybe not the resolution I was looking for, but I'll take what I can get. 10/10 recommend
Regina
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cried. A lot.

I prefer the Search much more than the Promise. This issue is definitely my favorite out of the whole series.

My baby Zuko gets the answers to those questions he has been asking himself for years, but Azula on the other hand... I don't know how I feel about her appearances in these novels. She's her but not really her.

I feel like she could be redeemed but it's as if the writers don't know how to proceed so they choose to ignore this very important character arc.

I hope we get to
ReemC
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited at first because I thought we'd finally get to see azula's development and her resolving things with her mother but the ending was a bit disappointing and anticlimactic, however I'm happy with how things ended with zuko.
I love him the most, I loved seeing the compassionate and caring side of his character towards his little sister.
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures
  • Adventure Time: Pixel Princesses  (Adventure Time OGN, #2)
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Vol. 3
  • Avatar Volume 2: The Last Airbender (Avatar #2)
  • Adventure Time With Fionna and Cake
  • The Underground Abductor (An Abolitionist Tale about Harriet Tubman) (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales, #5)
  • Adventure Time Vol. 4
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • Valve Presents Volume 1: The Sacrifice and Other Steam-Powered Stories
  • Princeless, Vol. 2: Get Over Yourself
  • Inverloch Vol 1
  • Gunnerkrigg Court, Vol. 4: Materia (Gunnerkrigg Court #4)
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 6
  • The Lost Scrolls: Fire
  • Poseidon and the Sea of Fury (Heroes in Training, #2)
  • The Adventure of the Three Garridebs
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 9 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #9)
  • Garfield Gets Cookin' (Garfield #38)
Gene Yang began drawing comic books in the fifth grade. In 1997, he received the Xeric Grant, a prestigious comics industry grant, for Gordon Yamamoto and the King of the Geeks, his first comics work as an adult. He has since written and drawn a number of titles, including Duncan's Kingdom (with art by Derek Kirk Kim) and The Rosary Comic Book. American Born Chinese received National Book Award.

He
More about Gene Luen Yang...

The Search (3 books)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 1 (The Search, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 2 (The Search, #2)