Start by marking “Ties that Bind (Thicker Than Blood #3)” as Want to Read:
Ties that Bind (Thicker Than Blood #3)

Ties that Bind

(Thicker Than Blood #3)

On a quest to find her father, a young woman discovers she has two sisters who have no idea she exists.

Newly released from prison, Brynn Taylor is determined to find her father, a man she's never met. Her only clue to his whereabouts is an address she finds in a rare volume of Jane Austen's "Sense & Sensibility" which he inscribed to her years ago. Armed wi
Published June 1st 2013 by Mountainview Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Ties that Bind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ties that Bind

Start your review of Ties that Bind (Thicker Than Blood #3)
Carol
This plot is so much fun! I just love how the Jane Austen set of books come into play! Finding two sisters she didn't know she had? Awesome!

This is the third book in the Thicker than Blood series, but it could be a story all on its own. Very touching and sweet, but you'll be on the edge of your seat too.
Sierra Faith
Hopefully I'll have a review up soon!
Olivia
{3.5 stars}

With a mix of horses, antique books, and family ties, a story comes to life that will not soon be forgotten. I was pulled into Brynn's and Roxi's story and I loved the progression of it!

It's been awhile since I've read the other in this series, but thankfully this third book refreshed my memory and it was nice to see May and Christy again. If you're a horse lover, than you'll really love this book! I've never been a big horse person, but I did find the training
Lisa Johnson
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Title: Ties that Bind
Author: C. J. Darlington
Pages: 402
Year: 2013
Publisher: Mountainview Books
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Ties-That-Bind-...
Sometimes when life seems to throw a curve, besides reading the Bible for comfort, I love to escape into the fictional world created by an author. Ties that Bind is the final book in this western trilogy which centers around two sisters previously introduced to us in Thicker than Blood & Bound by Guilt. Christy is the bibliophile while May loves being outdoor
T. Darlington
Love this!
Lydia Howe
Even though this is only my second time reading the series, the books feel like old friends. Yes, I remember what happened (mostly), so not many surprises, but still there are enough to keep me being like "Wait, did *this* or *this* happen?" Plus, the characters. Ahhh! The characters. And the setting. It's so vivid to me. As I was reading through the series this time, all of my mind-pictures from two years ago when I read it kept popping up. It literally felt like I was visiting with friends.

My
Mary Manson
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love This Series

This is Book 3 in the Thicker Than Blood Series and each book is better than the previous one. The Series revolve around two of my favorite things - horses and books. I have been a reading addict since I learned to read as a child and I have loved horses for as long as I can remember. The author is obviously a fan of both, as well, and her knowledge is clearly shown in the series. A delightful reading experience!
Nanci J Larkin
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent series

This series is excellent. Good storyline, good depth of characters, excellent combination of God's grace and people's failure. And people making beauty out of their ashes.
Michelle Watson
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard to put down!

C. J. Darlington is an awesome author! Ties that Bind is an excellent read, exciting, always wanting to see what happens next and how each situation that appears is handled.
Mary Beth
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patricia Thompson
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another interesting book

This book has characters who were searching for some stability in their lives. I kept reading to see What would happen next.
Nenette
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The books in the series have been consistent so far and I don't think it'll change even if I've yet to read the last installment. Again, each book can be read on its own but it is best to go through them chronologically.

Ties That Bind talk about three sisters: May and Christy, who we've both met since book number 1; and their half-sister Brynn. Brynn grew up a Christian but wavered and turned to unbelief when life's trials became too much for her. Knowing that she had to keep on the straight an
Catherine Leggitt
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brynn is released from a five-year stint in prison to find no one waiting for her. With nothing more to her name than an old book, her grandfather's gun, a backpack, and a sleeping bag, she sets out on a quest to find her father whom she has never seen. Instead of finding him, in small-town Colorado, she discovers that she has two sisters. And that changes her life.

Families come in many forms, as Bynn soon understands. But is she ready to tell the truth? This is a spellbinding story
Jo
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jennie Buchanan photographs needy children. She's having a show of her photographs for her charity, Photos of Hope, that helps the children receive medical care and food. When someone trashes her photos on display for the show, they send Jennie a message not to open the show. She teams with the Justice Agency for protection and brainpower to decide who is behind destruction of her photos and also her house. Ethan Justice heads up the case. Jennie broke Ethan's heart and her own a few years ago w ...more
Denise Hershberger
Another great book from CJ Darlington! I love any book that has horses in it as much as this one and of course it carried on the theme of rare books so that was fun too!

But what I loved most what watching a character come to Christ! Anytime a book involves someone becoming a Christian that is usually my favorite part of the story.

I also love stories of redemption and forgiveness and this book has both of those too. Can't wait to see what book 4 has!
JaneReads
Dec 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
I really enjoyed the previous two books in this series, but I had a hard time getting into this one and staying interested. I think it is because I didn't really connect with Brynn. I did finish it though, because I did want to know what was going on with the sisters. Overall I was happy with the way it ended.
Sandy
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

I really loved this series it is so focused on family relationships. I found the first book in the series on bookbub. That book hooked me from the beginning. All I wanted to do was finish this series-it was that good! If you want to read a good Christian book(s) pick up this series you won't be disappointed.
Sandra
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Loved this book! Heartwarming, inspiring and you'll need a box of Kleenex. A wonderful story of finding yourself and learning what family means. I hope those of you who enjoy a good heartfelt read, will pick this book up. I've read all of C.J.'s books, and enjoyed them; can't wait for the next one.
Debbie Lockledge
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Probably would have liked it more if I had read the series in order. This is as my first read by this author but from other reviews I think it's the last book in the series. Will definitely try to figure out which of the others in this series is first and read the rest of the series.
Ina Everman Fenton
Super Read

The girls in this book remind me of some of the girls I have taught in the past 40 years. The problems they faced and the progression of the plot were super. I could not put the book down.
Gerry Nelson
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
C. J. Darlington has written a wonderful trilogy of books here. Her characters are flawed but real, well developed, and very believable. Her writing keeps you turning pages deep into the night, when you should be sleeping. I highly recommend this series to anyone!

Comment Comment | Permalink
Mya Kirkman
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Held my interest always through. GOD'S blessing shows always

The story on all continues without leaving information out. God's word is shown in reality. A very good read. The series is great

Lovenia Chafee
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God works in mysterious ways!

How God works to bring people together. Whether they be family or friends. Just trust that will always take care of you. Sometimes it doesn't matter what the situation can be. Just trust.
lori stidham
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book so must read
charmaine jolly
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thicker than blood series

This series was a cannot put down stories your hooked quickly waiting to see how it pan's out I hope there is a fourth installment coming
Angie
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c-j-darlington
I really enjoyed the book. I went out and bought the next one in the series right after I finished it.
Trudi
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely loved this book. Couldn't put it down!
Stacy Detten
Nov 06, 2015
Laura Seidner
Sep 17, 2019
Rhonda Vorhoff
Mar 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Homecoming (Sweet Hearts of Sweet Creek #1)
  • Good Sam
  • On the Lookout (Lantern Beach P.D. #1)
  • MAC (Sisters by Design #1)
  • The Invitation (The Mustard Seed #1)
  • Storm Front (Montana Rescue, #5)
  • Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue, #4)
  • Wait for Me (Montana Rescue, #6)
  • Sisters (Sun Valley #1)
  • Growing Season
  • Deep in the Heart
  • Hidden Currents (Lantern Beach Mysteries #1)
  • Sanctuary (Murrells Inlet Miracles Book 1)
  • Callie (The Women of Valley View #1)
  • Her Mule Hollow Cowboy (New Horizon Ranch: Mule Hollow #1)
  • On the Accidental Wings of Dragons (The Dragons of Eternity, #1)
  • Safe at the Edge of the World (The Conor O'Shea Series #2)
  • The Story of Grenville King (The Conor O'Shea Series, #3)
C. J.'s love of reading began when she was a kid dragging home bags of books from the library. When she was twelve she started dreaming about becoming a published author. That dream came true when her first novel Thicker than Blood won a national writing contest. It became the first book in the Thicker than Blood series, which also includes Bound by Guilt, Ties that Bind, and Running on Empty. She has also written Jupi ...more

Thicker Than Blood (4 books)
  • Thicker Than Blood (Thicker Than Blood #1)
  • Bound by Guilt (Thicker Than Blood #2)
  • Running on Empty (Thicker Than Blood #4)