Start by marking “A Gentleman's Affair (A Gentleman's #1)” as Want to Read:
A Gentleman's Affair (A Gentleman's #1)

A Gentleman's Affair

(A Gentleman's #1)

Donovan Hart is handsome, wealthy, successful, and single. While his single status has always been something he's coveted, enjoyed, and exploited, now his attitude is changing. The former Malibu playboy has been set up, fixed up, felt up and is now fed up. At the age of 32, he is ready to settle down and find the girl of his dreams. Can he escape his sordid past and move f ...more
Published May 13th 2013 by A.J Linn (first published May 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Gentleman's Affair, please sign up.
Stephanie John I was exactly the same! Then I stumbled upon them on Smashwords. I purchased the mobi file format and opened on my Kindle iPhone app. Now all I need t…moreI was exactly the same! Then I stumbled upon them on Smashwords. I purchased the mobi file format and opened on my Kindle iPhone app. Now all I need to do is finish my other book then start on this!
Presume this would be the same for Kindle?
Hope this helps.
Steph(less)

Start your review of A Gentleman's Affair (A Gentleman's #1)
Paula Radell
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
If you’re tired of being dragged through the emotional wringer of tear-jerking erotic novels, and want to read a book that's simple, life affirming, romantic, sexy AND hilarious, pick up a copy of A Gentleman's Affair, and don't put it down until the end.

The protagonist, Donovan Hart, is at first glance fairly typical of all contemporary book boyfriends: gorgeous, wealthy, smart, successful, sexy, & single. But the similarities end there. Donovan doesn’t have any of the usual deep childhood tra
Gabrielslady
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After following the author's blog on WordPress, and his alter-ego on Twitter, I was intrigued about his self-published first book, and eagerly ordered it. I'm always inspired when a new writer takes a shot at a broader audience, and if for no other reason, I believed he was deserving of the support. I ordered the book as soon as it was released, and set it aside to read after I finished another new book - by a very hot author of the same genre.

What was interesting was that the hot, new, highly-a
Blibla Blubsiblub
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I know the author from twitter. I start following his alter ego right after I was reading his POV blog on WordPress. He is an extraordinary guy who knows how to put words in the right place to open up your soul by reading his blog. As he told me that he was writing a book I honestly couldn't wait to have my own copy. And what I began to read was incredibly. I've been reading the book once and then twice, I couldn't put it down. The main character Donovan Hart is handsome, wealthy w ...more
Michele
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I currently follow the author's blog on WordPress and as well as his alter ego as Christian Grey on twitter. After reading his blogs, I knew that I would love his book as well. I was one of the first to order his book and I have read it twice. Donovan Hart, the main character, is this handsome, smart and wealthy guy that owns La Fuga Hotel and is trying to give up the playboy life to find a girl he can fall in love with but has troubles on his journey to a true love relationship. We learn about ...more
April
Nov 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Not bad at all. Humorous and wonderful love story. A quick read.
Romina
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Donovan Hart is successful, handsome and smart. After the tragic death of his beloved mother he took over the running of the family hotel La Fuga from his heartbroken father and turned it into the best establishment in Malibu. At the age of 32 he has become tired of living the life as a playboy and has decided to search for his Unico Vero Amore. His one true love.
Can he leave his past behind and find the girl of his dreams?
After a few disastrous dates he meets Rebekah. She’s beautiful and seems
Jeanne McDonald
Jul 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“But Jared and I are the only men in the room again, and the ladies have begun to stare us down as if we are the last two bowls of chocolate ice cream left on the entire planet.”

“We are kissing so passionately that you would think that we were the ones that if fact, created kissing.”

“…and just because ‘back in the day’ actually ended just a few months ago, well, that doesn’t make me any less serious about finding ‘the one.’”

“She is like flies at a picnic. Annoying, and always the
Nov 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
My understanding is that this author is a fan fiction blogger?! If so, to me the book was written as a blog would be written and I just couldn't get into it. He is probably a very entertaining blogger, but it came off as cheesy for the book. The character development was also extremely lacking. I am extremely surprised by the ratings on this one... He must have some loyal fans.
Susi
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Review

Reading books written in the male point of view are becoming my favorites. A Gentleman’s Affair by A.J. Linn is the story of the sexy bachelor Donovan Hart told through his point of view. I must say, getting inside the mind of this eligible bachelor makes this story a funny, witty and sexy read.

So tell me, who doesn't love a handsome wealthy bachelor? I for one love them. Add food and wine to his list of interests, and he is a real winner to me. Donovan, well, he fits that description a
Loverlysbookblog
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I stumbled upon this book on twitter and was immediately intrigued. So when I received my copy I dove right in.

The book follows Donovan Hart, owner of La Fuga Hotel, and the story itself is told from his POV. He's successful, witty and confident and you are thrown into his world as he tries to find love. Having been through his playboy phase in the past he's ready to settle down and find a lady to share his life with.

You get to experience his many failed attempts at finding that true love
Suzannah
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book once, then read it a second time before I could write a ‘review’. A Gentleman’s Affair is one of the best books I’ve read in a good long while!

When I first read that Donovan Hart, the main character, was handsome and wealthy, I thought “Oh no, here we go again.” I couldn’t have been more mistaken. This is a truly original story, with interesting characters, from Louisa to Scarlett Montgomery, and of course, my new “book boyfriend”, the irresistible Donovan Hart.

We get to accom
books are love
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was such a wonderful book. In the beginning I felt so bad for Donovan as he went on those disastrous dates. They reminded me of the blooper scenes of dates that the dating game never truly aired. When each name showed for a chapter the dating game theme song came into my head. As horrible as the failed dates were, they had me cracking up. This playboy who now wants to find the one going on such disastrous dates cracked me up.

And then steps in Scarlett. He resists the pull of the wonderful
Jackie
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"A Gentleman's Affair" is a Great Story and a quick read. Donovan Hart, is the Owner of La Fuga hotel located in Malibu and Pisa of Las Vegas. Donovan is smart, handsome, rich, sexy and a recently reformed playboy, in search of his "il mio per sempre" {My Forever}.

The story takes us through his hilarious and sometimes not so hilarious love life. Donovan has not been selective in his past and is starting to believe there is more out there for him.

It is not until he breaks his own rules about mi
Ruth Ann
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, romance
Donovan Hart is 32 yr old drop dead gorgeous playboy. He is successful, smart, wealthy with a great sense of humor. He owns a luxury hotel on the beach in California. He will soon open another one in Vegas. He is wealthy enough to buy a large yacht just because he had extra money in his bank account that needed to be spent!! He is looking to find his one true love. He is tired of the playboy way of life. He doesn't have much luck until he breaks his rules and mixes business with pleasure.

This w
Seeba
Sep 14, 2013 rated it liked it
**Good read, but different from other books in this genre. **

While I enjoyed the book, I will admit that it had a different style of writing than most books in this genre. For some, that will be a welcomed relief; but, to others it may take awhile before you're able to get into the writing style. It was almost as though you were reading snippets from Donovan's dating journal. The book started off by highlighting some of Donovan's least favorite dating experiences, with (almost) each chapter repr
Tanya Vought
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a unique book written in a man's perspective. I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish... and that ending, wow!

You'll see Donovan Hart, eligible bachelor, playboy realizing he wants to change his ways and find something more permanent....
and here's where you will laugh/ be enlightened with the ladies he encounters..

I think he's a great guy and a fabulous character! I enjoyed him and the relations he has with his assistant and Scarlett!

You'll enjoy the passion, sex and laughs as wel
C
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What a wonderful book, light hearted and humorous yet a wonderful love story. Main character Donovan is a charmer and playboy who thinks he is ready to settle down and find the right woman. His search for her is hilarious and so true to life. We've all been there at some point. He puts his heart out there in his search for a woman. The other side of the story is his business which he took over from his parents. He is a smart business man and has a keen eye for what he does. Successful and hot, c ...more
Crystal Zapata
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read. I love how honest and real the character is. I don’t have to stop and think “what does that mean”
Donovan’s thoughts and feelings are laid out in the open.
He’s in search for the one, his perfect match, the woman he will start a life and grow old with. His journey from one hilariously bad date to the next is quite entertaining. You find yourself thinking “My god did I EVER do that?!” I highly recommend this book to everyone. No matter what genre of books you like, this one is
Brandy
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not bad at all!! Donovan Hart rich playboy hotel owner has decided to trade in his bad boy ways and start looking for his forever. After a series of bad dates he is just about to give up when his hotel decorator Scarlett catches his eye. To bad for Donovan he has a rule about not dating women he works with (thanks to the cheating whore ex Danielle) will Donovan bend the rules and make room in his life, heart and bed for Scarlett? We'll have to wait and see
Mybabybluegirl
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An excellent and hard-to-put down book. Told from Donovan's point of view, I found myself laughing at some of his exploits, and crying at other points - this author pulls out all the range of emotions from his readers and does it winningly. Characters from Donovan to the women who cross his path are well-rounded and it's easy to develop an opinion of each of them. This author definitely needs to write MORE books - this first outing has him hitting the ball "out of the park." Bravo!
Vicki
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was really pleasantly engrossed by this book. from a different perspective, that of the "rich alpha male" for a change it was witty, refreshing and made me want to read it again, always a good sign. this is a new author that makes it all the more interesting. Beware it ends on a cliff hanger, I can't wait to find out what happens next. arrrggghhh.
Zandra
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
30pages? Since i dnt have any basis for my rating since its only 30 pages and a big cliffy, 3 stars. Please make it better on the next book and please please make it 300 pages and inexpensive. How would the readers buy your books if it's too expensive for them to read and too short to grasp the ideas of the story? I wont say it's a waste yet but please make it better on the next one. Thanks.
Mamackn
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I laughed and cried and I enjoyed the roller coaster that is Donovan. I loved how he would laugh at himself, I loved how he had to convince himself of everything. From the moment you hear about his dad you fall in love with him. I love the unexpected turns in the book too. It is so easy to talk yourself in to doing the "right" thing but it is more fun to do the wrong thing.
De Reese Robinson
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found this book to have an exceptional storyline. I would definitely recommend this book as a good read. looking forward to the second book of the series, just hope it don't take 6 months to get....
Leighannlopez61
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I loved the main character Donavon Hart. He is funny, witty and most of all sexy as hell. The way he told his story makes the book a must read. I can't wait until the next book comes out.
Kimberly
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
The build up in the beginning was necessary, but had me wondering when the romance would kick in - who was he going to get with..however once it started I loved it. Donovan Hart is a reformed playboy looking for lasting love..will he find it if he breaks his rules? Looking forward to book 2!
Michala
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book, and couldn't put it down when it finally arrived.
I fell a little bit in love with Donovan :) who wouldn't ;) and the beautiful Scarlett. I can't wait for book 2.
brilliant read
thankyou.

kala x
Soraida Gallegos
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amazing read, and a totally unexpected ending, I absolutely recommend this book, Donovan Hart is a great character, loved how the book is written, they're time when the character addresses the reader as he's telling the story which I love, it gives this story a more realistic dimension to it.
Tish Matheson
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
For me, the book went very fast. It felt like I was reading someone's writing who has ADHD and had forgotten to take their meds. It's not a bad thing if you like quick reads or fast paced novels. For me, I prefer slow and steady with more descriptions. I just couldn't connect with anyone.
A.J. Linn published his debut novel, A Gentleman's Affair, Volume 1 of The Gentleman's Series, in May, 2013.

Since that time, he has continued protagonist Donovan Hart's story in A Gentleman's Secret, published in December, 2013, and revealed Donovan's earlier life in a prequel, A Gentleman's Memoir, a novella published in August, 2014.

The series quickly became very popular with fans of his RP/char

A Gentleman's (4 books)
  • A Gentleman's Secret (A Gentleman's #2)
  • A Gentleman's Memoir (A Gentleman's #3)
  • A Gentleman's Fate (A Gentleman's #4)