Start by marking “One Hundred Names” as Want to Read:
One Hundred Names

One Hundred Names

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  17,238 ratings  ·  1,954 reviews
The uplifting and thoughtful novel from the uniquely talented author. Everyone has a story to tell... Journalist Kitty Logan's career has been destroyed by scandal, and she now faces losing the woman who guided her and taught her everything she knew. At her mentor's bedside, Kitty asks her - what is the one story she always wanted to write? The answer lies in a file buried ...more
Published July 4th 2013 by Harper (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One Hundred Names, please sign up.
Kate Ashley I don't think there will ever be. But I hope Cecilia Ahern will make an individual story for Mary-Rose and Sam. :)
Meike There are some parts about sex and rape and murder these are not very detailed. And it is a lot about making "adult" decisions.
So I think it is okay…more
So I think it is okay for a 13 year olds, but I would not recommend it.(less)

·  17,238 ratings  ·  1,954 reviews

Start your review of One Hundred Names
Monika
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Cecelia Ahern is that rare author that still actually believes in the goodness of people. Maybe it's her youth, maybe she's just that person, but it is so clear that she believes that people are good, that people are beautiful, and that what is most beautiful about life is the story that each of us has to share.

On the surface, you could probably write this off as a sappy chick-lit piece, but it's so much more. You could just read the book and move on, or you could stop and take notice. You might
Sally Harrington
As soon as I read the description of this book I was dying to read it. But by 3 or so chapters in I was dying for it to be over. I love Cecelia's books and decided to not give up and give it a chance but it was so boring! I felt that there were too many story lines that needed more to them and others that dragged on and on and were just pointless! Not a single character jumped out to me as someone I loved or hated, I wasn't rooting for anyone or feeling their emotions or caring what happened to ...more
V H
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magical, just like all off Ahern's books. She has an ability to make you see the best in other people as well as yourself, which is one of the reasons I love her books.

One hundred names was really exciting, it was difficult to put it down. There was no way of knowing how it was going to end. The book is a lot less "fantasy" than some of Ahern's other books, it's more realistic.

Kitty has to make a story, she inherits a list with 100 names but with no explanation as to what the link between the
Tasnim
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*actual rating: 4.5 stars*

"Every single ordinary person has an extraordinary story."

GUYS. THIS BOOK.

I didn't know i would love this book so much, seriously. I didn't read it continuously so everytime i started picking up where i left off i had to read some few pages back to remember what was happening. But it's so amazing so yeah go buy it now!!

(I'm bad at book reviewing but i LOVED this book so)
Diana
Great story with a great lesson. A review will come soon.
Megan Readinginthesunshine
I’ve been a big big fan of Cecelia Ahern since I picked up If You Could See Me Now and A Place Called Here many years ago when Cecelia wasn’t as well known as she is now. Something just drew me to the books and I’m so pleased I went with my instinct and bought them because they introduced me to magic in novels, they lifted me up and made me fall in love with books even more. I have since followed Cecelia and bought and loved every single one of her books, so when One Hundred Names was announced ...more
Anna
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic
Some years ago I loved Cecelia Ahern and her books (obvious, since I've read all her books). Her heroes are everyday people - mainly young women - that their life has gone wrong in a way and they are trying to find their route again. Offering either strong or weak morals, I enjoyed reading the books, cause they were really "unputdownable" and real page turners!

All these, since this book, that - unfortunately - I didn't enjoy that much and I haven't read anything from Ahern since. I found the
Inge
There is a reason why Cecelia Ahern is one of my favourite chicklit authors, or simply one of my favourite authors, period. One Hundred Names just confirms that notion and adds a golden star to it. While I don't like all her books, she writes stories with so much spirit, so much love, and with just a dash of humour and magic, and they manage to capture my heart time and time again.

One Hundred Names tells the story of Katherine 'Kitty' Logan, who has been blacklisted as a journalist after she
Betty
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely story , lots of twists and turns right through this. It made you keep reading regardless of time. A thought provoking, heart warming novel. Loved it.
BestChickLit.com
I love Cecelia Ahern’s books, they always have sparkle and a hint of magic – you know it’s not real but it is written in such a way that it feels very possible. This book, however, had no magic or strange unbelievable yet believable elements; which in itself was odd. As a big fan of Ahern’s books I was expecting something more. The story is very clever, an interesting concept and very different from your usual chick lit – I wasn’t disappointed with the book just a bit . . . deflated. This is a ...more
Susan
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012books
Journalist Kitty Logan's career is being destroyed by scandal - and now she faces losing the woman who guided and taught her everything she knew. At her terminally ill friend's bedside, Kitty asks - what is the one story she always wanted to write? The answer lies in a file buried in Constance's office: a list of one hundred names. There is no synopsis, nothing to explain what the story is or who these people are. The list is simply a mystery. But before Kitty can talk to her friend, it is too ...more
Kayleigh {K-Books}
One Hundred Names Review on K-Books

"To seek truth is not necessarily to go on a mission all guns blazing in order to reveal a lie, neither is it to be particularly ground-breaking - it is simply to get to the heart of what is real."

There are no words to explain just how excited I was to receive an ARC of Cecelia Ahern's newest novel, One Hundred Names. Cecelia is without a doubt one of my favourite authors of all time and Cecelia is the reason I am so obsessed with books. I have been a
Toni
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
3 1/2

“Journalism classes teach us that one must extract oneself from the story in order to report without bias, but often we need to be in the story in order to understand, to connect, to help the audience identify or else it has no heart; it could be a robot telling the story, for all anyone cares.”

Cecelia Ahern:. The Heartstrings Tugger.
Andrea
DNF @60%
The narrator was excellent but the main character and I just didn’t hit it off. Oh well...

Laurel-Rain
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Kitty Logan, a journalist, makes a huge mistake in a TV story, the repercussions are numerous. In fact, they are creating ongoing havoc in her life, beginning with a huge lawsuit, the loss of her position on the TV show, and possibly the loss of her job at the magazine Etcetera, created by her mentor Constance.

To add to the pain, her mentor Constance dies. But beforehand, she points Kitty in the direction of a story she wishes she had told. She refers her to a list of names in her files,
Aleida Oskam
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful story. Sometimes I found that the storyline played out a little too long. Apart from that it was intrigueing to find out what the story was what Kitty was going to write.
Shahirah Loqman
On a general note, I thoroughly enjoy Ahern's writings. From Love, Rosie to this, this book was the perfect mix of light reading encompassing adventure, love and hope. The message at the end was beautiful and I'm not sure if it's just me or the Westlife song "Written in the Stars" I had playing while finishing this, but we all have a story of our own to tell.

..I hope you believe yours is worth telling :)
Suad Shamma
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2013
I love Cecelia Ahern, even when one of her books disappoints, I still cannot get over this authour. She is spectacular in her style of writing, and remembering the impact her first few books had on me is enough for me to remain a loyal fan.

One Hundred Names was a good book, one that kept me reading and intrigued until the very end. However, I cannot bring myself to love this book. The way it was written and the way the story was told and the events unfolded reminded me a little of Emilie
Jenny
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. Classic Ahern with wonderful characters, a great lesson that's NOT spelled out at the end (like it is in The Time of My Life), and a very solid and well-paced plot. I wanted to keep reading to find out where the story was going, and I wasn't disappointed. It's an interesting idea for a novel, and it works well.
I recommend this book to people who want a good story, one that will be easy and pleasurable to read, and a book that will make them feel better about themselves and their own
Rawa'a
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
The last time I read Cecelia Ahern was 2 years ago, after accidentally discovering her through How To Fall In Love on a road trip. I loved it so much that I read 2 more novels written by her. She is for sure a modern fairy tale writer, someone who believes good things are still around - that good people exist and happy endings are real. The teenager me loved that - hope and goodness is a good mix for an aspiring adult; hence, reading her again now did feel good but also carried a feeling of ...more
Karen Mace
Easy to read but just didn't have the sparkle that many of her other books have.
Rod Raglin
Kitty Logan is a disgraced journalist. In her unbridled drive for success she's cut corners and libeled an innocent man. The tabloid television news show she worked for is being sued for a lot of money.

The only one who still believes in Kitty is Constance, an editor and Kitty's mentor, but Constance is dying.

When Kitty asks Constance what story she regrets not writing, Constance tells her to fetch a file folder from her office. In the file is a list of one hundred names and nothing else. Before
Rose
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I'm typing this, I'm still dizzy after jumping off from the strong-sensations roller-coaster which is the book One Hundred Names, by Cecelia Ahern. It's a positive dizziness, though- overwhelming, actually. At the end of the book, as I reached the "Behind the scenes writing One Hundred Names" pages, I realized that the story had finished and that someone has violently yanked me off this ride full of excitement.
I started reading this book, first of all because of the title, and second, well,
Gabi Benevides
Okay, here we go. This review might have minor spoilers.

This book is about Kitty, a reporter who has her reporter career falling apart, her love life even worse and she's struggling with the disease of her friend and "counsellor".
Kitty receive from her a list of 100 names and, without any clue, needs to write a paper for the magazine where she works about all those names.

I was not enjoying this book at the beginning. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I've been reading a lot of books about
Penny
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author apparently got the idea for this book upon seeing Jennifer Lawrence on MTV talking about her new movie One Hundred Names. Obviously she had misheard her say The Hunger Games and was so pleased when she found out because she could now steal the title for herself.

About the book though, I started off confused mainly because of the main character Kitty. I went back and forth between liking and hating her and it wasn't until I was three quarters of the way through the book that I decided I
Noor Hanis
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hooray! In the end, I just love this book as I love "How to Fall in Love". But, this one hook me hard as I dwelve more into the story.

We all can relate to Katherine Logan or Kitty Logan. The big mistake she had made caused problems not only to the victim but of course herself. When the world turns their back against you, you'll find yourself struggling to restore their faith, their belief in you especially when you're a reporter.

In short, she had to meet 100 people, I mean a total strangers
AMASHI
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful and inspiring :)

There's so much I want to write about this book, specially about constance, the pursuer of distinct stories and also about Kitty Logan, the fierce, electrified woman who became utterly lost and penitent on account of her own defiance at some point. and then one perplexing list of 100 names written by Constance becomes the turning point of Kitty's life to amend her mistakes and see through life in a different way.
I find it difficult to assemble my thoughts because
Donna McCaul Thibodeau
I really liked the premise of this book. A journalist finds a list of one hundred names and tries to connect the dots to see what links them together. The problem is that the main character in the book is quite unlikeable and as much as I hate to say it, the book itself is just not that well written. I wanted to like it but I'm afraid it's one of those that will be gone from my memory in a week or two.
Pallabi Priyaadarshini

This story by Cecelia Ahern unlike her best sellers turns out to be slow, and the readers might even be able to make out what is coming in the end but what's beautiful is the simplistic way the story has been woven together.
One scandal has overturned the life and career of the journalist Kitty Logan, whose loss is compounded when her mentor passes away leaving her a list of hundred names in the answer to Kitty's question of "What is the one story you always wanted to write?".

These names are of
Ritika Gupta
“There are more people involved in telling a story than the writer.”

If you're ever in need of a simple, yet magical story, Cecilia Ahern is the writer for you. I haven't read her books in ages, and had this copy with me for the longest time. So i finally decided to dive in, and was glad that I did.

“Every single ordinary person has an extraordinary story.”

One Hundred Names is a story of Katherine 'Kitty' Logan, a journalist embroiled in scandal where she had inadvertently ruined an innocent
Definitely worth your time. 4 48 Jan 05, 2015 07:13AM

• September 1, 1939: A Biography of a Poem
  • The Sicilian Woman's Daughter
  • Bad Heir Day
  • Aku Mahu Saiz S
  • Tu as promis que tu vivrais pour moi
  • Герой нашего времени
  • Странник и его тень
  • Double Cross (Bert & Nan Tatum, #3)
  • Gare à Lou !
  • La vie est belle et drôle à la fois (La vie est belle, #1)
  • Girl Meets Ape
  • Quiet: by Susan Cain | Conversation Starters
  • Enemy Match (Nancy Drew, #73)
  • The Smart Girl's Guide to Life (Smart Girls Guides)
Cecelia Ahern was born and grew up in Dublin. She is now published in nearly fifty countries, and has sold over twenty-five million copies of her novels worldwide. Two of her books have been adapted as films and she has created several TV series.
“Chin up, don’t smile, don’t cry, don’t fall, walk.” 40 likes
“We all make mistakes, some bigger than others, but none of us is perfect.” 35 likes