Start by marking “Soul Ties (Soul Ties, #1)” as Want to Read:
Soul Ties (Soul Ties, #1)

Soul Ties

(Soul Ties #1)

On an English university campus, Ava is hunting Keir. She needs his Nephilim soul to trade for her freedom.

But Ava didn't expect to find terrible secrets about the fate of the souls she takes. Or fall in love.

Soul-hunter Ava has retrieved hundreds of souls from demons but has never been assigned the dangerous mission for a Nephilim soul. When she arrives on campus and mee
Published July 22nd 2013 by Limitless Publishing (first published July 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Soul Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Ties

Take My Hand by Nicola HakenSaving Amy by Nicola HakenInevitable by Nicola HakenDamage by P.J.  AdamsGame On by Kyra Lennon
Great UKNA
37 books — 30 voters
Wait for You by J. LynnThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiEasy by Tammara WebberBroken at Love by Lyla PayneOne Week Girlfriend by Monica  Murphy
New Adult Novels
85 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Booknut
'She would fail.

A hateful tear split from her eye and she blinked it away. Keir wasn't going to see her fear as he killed her, he couldn't have that triumph. If Keir wanted to kill her she would look into his eyes as he did. She locked her gaze with his, willing the teardrop sliding down her face to disappear.

The point of the dagger pressed into her cheek, and pierced her skin. Dizziness started blacking her vision.

Keir shifted his gaze to the unwanted tear running down the frightened girl's dir
Rebecca Raisin
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Soul Ties in return for an honest review. It's the kind of book you can't stop reading once you start. The opening scenes hooked me from the get go and I was intrigued by who or what Keir was (and slightly in love with him, too!) and fascinated by Ava. It was refreshing to read about a kick ass heroine for a change. I loved watching Ava develop as the book sped along, and loved her tough talking sassy attitude. The sizzle between Ava and Keir and the ever ...more
Danielle Belwater
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really can't fault this book, once you get used to the whiplash from all the twists and turns! I was instantly drawn to the characters and related to them. It is beautifully written and a story that keeps you roped in till the very last word on the very last page. I can't wait to read more from this very talented author :D
Louise Seraphim Reviews
I absolutely love any paranormal storyline that has anything angelic in the content and usually I'm not normally disappointed. I started reading this and it was completely different to anything I had ever read before. Which is already a fantastic start. Nothing worse than repetitive stories.

Ava was the feisty soul hunter with strength, determination and loads of balls.
Kier was the quiet brooding type. Usually it's roles reversed so this was completely new and different and I wanted to see wher
C-Money
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC provided for a honest review.

My Review:

4 "shockingly surprised" stars

I love paranormal books and I wasn't at all expecting to love this book as much as I did. I briefly read the blurb, loved the cover and said sign me up.

Man, am I glad I did. It was a light read for me and it was just what I needed.

Ava is a wonderful leading ladie. She is fierce and has her eye on the prize. She does what is needed of her hoping for her freedom. She doesn't expect let to run right into the one per
For the Love of Books
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS OOZING TENSION AND CHEMISTRY! This book was really captivating- I finished it in 3 hours and was up until 2:00 in the morning finishing it :) I didn't love Ava at first, I thought she was rude and had a bad attitude but that only lasted like 10 pages in. Keir is a dreamboat. The chemistry and the sexual tension between the two was amazing. I don't want to give any spoilers away so I won't say too much more other than you should just go buy the book because I can't wait to read the ne ...more
Keren Hughes
I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked up Soul Ties and when I finished it, I realised I must have had some expectations because it didn't end up being at all what I thought.
From the way it was written, to the story content itself, I was swept away by a fast-paced, page-turning book that kept me on my toes and guessing what might come next. But each time I thought I knew what to expect next, I was proved entirely wrong.

Ava is a soul-hunter, sent to capture Keir's Nephilim soul and return it
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

Soul Ties captured me immediately with its synopsis and the girl with pink hair on the cover. I love pink hair! This book did not disappoint - everything it promised, it delivered. The world as Ava knew it is ripped out from under her, and she begins to wonder if she really ever knew anything about her job at all. I wanted to know why and how she made the decision to become a soul-h
Steph
Two years ago, feeling her life as one of the Fated "... meant a half existence, always at the whim of the Caelestia", Ava chose to take on the duties of a soul-hunter. She quickly learns this is no better. Now, however, she knows failure may lead to her death.
The two races [Demon Lords and Nephilim] united against the Caelestia, who's spurned the exiled angels and were at war with the Demon Lords.

The Demon Lords needed a bigger army, and began capturing human souls to create demonic foot sold
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
First of all I would like to that the author for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
It makes a nice change to see a kick-ass female assassin as the lead character in a book.
Ava is a soul-collector who is sent to earth the collect the soul of a particular Nephilim called Keir, which is not as easy as she anticipated it would be.
This is a debut novel for the Lisa and I must say it has impressed me. The book is quite hard to predict and keeps you guessing from one pa
Rebecca
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
I probably would've given this book another star if it had been edited. Lots of grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors really take me out of a story.

Otherwise, it was an okay story. The characters could have been a little more developed. I felt like I couldn't really understand why any of them were acting the way they did. The two female characters both seemed pretty stupid to me. And main male character, Kier, made no sense to me.

Honestly, if I hadn't agreed to review it, I probably would'
Joanna McDarby
Jan 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
I'm not a big fan of this book, I had some issues with it but I got it free on kindle and I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

The background explanations were a bit sketchy and lacked depth, the constant change between British and American expressions was disconcerting, so I was never really sure where it was supposed to be set. The characters were a bit two dimensional and the heroine seemed to be impulsive, naive, obsessed with sex and sometimes downright stupid.

I'm not interested in reading any more
Hannah
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
English university = hot English accents (in my mind). Great debut from a local author, almost squealed my pants off when I found out she was from Perth! Eagerly looking forward to the next book. Why is it that I much prefer New Adult when it's not contemporary? Oh yeah, because there's actually a plot attached to it.

This book nailed everything on the head. Steamy looks and touches, forbidden romance, suspense and the general feeling of just wanting to know more.

And on a side note - is that the
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow.. I loved this book, I cant wait for the next one to see how everything plays out
Heather Rainwater-Alvarado
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Michele
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ava's people were conquered by the Caelestia. The only way to earn freedom from a life of servitude is to become a soul hunter. If enough souls are collected, a soul hunter can basically "retire"...or something. There is also a war, Nephilim, demons and vampires thrown into the mix (just for fun). I'll admit to being largely confused.

Anyway...Ava has been told time and time again that this will be the last job. She is understandably skeptical when her Caelestia boss tells her THIS assignment rea
❤Bibi's Book Blog❤
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ava is a soul hunter who can earn her freedom my catching Keir's soul. But what happens if you're linked to the soul you're sent to catch?

Can't wait for the next one!
Kirstie
Jul 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 31%. The characters / story so far lack depth. It may get better if I push on but I don't have the desire to find out.
CMarie
To much on the YA side for me. Super long with the same push and pull over and over. And the cliffhanger. Really?
Alicia Love
May 26, 2014 rated it liked it
The first half of the story was excellent, but the second half was rushed and...conclusive.

It seems after that big event in the middle, the quality of the story petered off and just got...boring. And then, the author wrapped up the story in a neat, nice little bow. I know this is a series, but I feel no inclination to pick up the second one as the back story laid out and well as the ending of the story were bland and lost my interest.

I think the author ran out of steam after the big event. If s
The Neighbor
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 4-it-was-free
I was a little dissappointed as about 3/4th of the way through the book I discovered it was the 2nd book in the series. That information would have been really helpful earlier on when I was shaking my head wondering what on earth they were talking about in some of the scenes. It was obvious they were referencing things that happened prior to the start of this book, but no where was it mentioned that this is really book #2! Just because they didnt number the other book doesnt mean it doesnt exist ...more
Anna Hub
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was really excited about reading this book after hearing great things. It’s right up my alley with a paranormal plot and kick-ass heroine right in the centre. I have to say it didn’t disappoint! For me the most important part of any story is the characters, and Ava drew me in right from the first page. While she possesses some mean fighting skills and an attitude I wish I had, she also has a hidden vulnerability that makes us like her—despite some of her mean dialogue.

I found her intriguing as
Zarah
Dec 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
Well... About halfway into this book, I really liked it. Apart from the author's habit of repeating people's names all the time ("Ava stood up. Ava walked to the door. She opened it and on the other side, another person stared at Ava..." <-- kind of like that.) I laughed and was intrigued, liking the character and the story a lot.
Ava is a kick-ass chica with guts. I enjoy that.
The idea behind the book is clever and innovative, even if some parts remind me a lot of recent popular books, nothin
Shannon
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Different take on the angel genre. I really like where this story is going.
I love the idea of the soul hunter and an angel falling in love. The chemistry between Ava an Keir was fire.
My only complaints were I felt Ava wasn't that strong of a heroine she was kind of all over the place. She had kind of a bitchy personality and while I liked her saucy mouth and witty comebacks, at times she acted in ways that had me not being sympathetic to her character (the fact that she saved human souls but w
Alyssa
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I usually don't read paranormal romance but this one just stuck out to me. Let's get started!

I LOVED the way conflict just piled up. Ava has her own issues, as does every secondary character. I feel like they're real people with real issues, not just video game NPCs dispensing information. It really built tension towards the end, too! I serioulsy felt like everyone had something to both gain and lose. The conflict between Keir and Ava in particular was something that I loved-
Christina
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I honestly have today SOUL TIES BY LISA SWALLOW IS A GREAT BOOK. A good plot, sexy, main characters, action, romance between a semi-demon and an angel.

Ava is sent to earth as a soul-hunter to capture Keir a Nephilim (half angel/ half demon) soul. Now Ava has never had a problem with capturing souls before Keir, but with Keir's best friend Dahlia protecting him, things become difficult.

"Dahlia warned me about you."
"Warned you?"
"Yeah, she said girls like you suck the living soul from people." He
Jenna
Aug 17, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. First the cover is hot love the couple on the cover.
The story is about Ava a soul hunter but now for the first time has to hunt down a nephilim
Ava is badass girl and Keir and her hate each other at first sight or so it seems.
She has to kill Keir and capture his soul and if Keir want to live he has to kill her.
Than we have Dahlia who is glued to Keir for whatever reason.
Things get interesting and more is at stake than you think. Ava is being lied to.
I liked Ava she doesn't give up easi
L.L. Hunter
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a great start to an awesome angel series! I love angel books as i also write about angels, and this is a bit different from the norm, it stands out and thats what i think you need in this day and age where there are hundreds of similar books out there. First it helps that the cover is so amazing. Love the pink and the blue, second it helps having a kick-ass main character, and Ava literally kicks ass! It also helps to have a hot love interest and book boy for us female readers. The story wa ...more
Reading Write
Nov 05, 2013 rated it liked it
3 1/2 star review by Kota for Kota's Book Kollection

"...as the story goes along…. Travelling nicely and bam – didn’t see it playing out this way!

I enjoyed this story, the action kept you on your toes, the story keep rolling over nicely with new reveals at each turn. I enjoyed the authors style and tone, although, at times, I did struggle with keeping up with who was who, and what their role was."

For the full review visit

Jenn
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ava is a soul collector and in order to get her freedom she must get a certain soul. She's sent to college thinking it'll be an easy job. She meets Keir. She learns that this will not be easy and also that what she's been told isn't all correct. She must decide to do what she has been told or do what she feels right (she had to on several occasions).

While I liked Ava and Keir, I didn't care for Dahlia. She came off as unlikable. So with that being said, I liked this. It was a quick easy read.
New Adult Book Club: #131 ~Soul Ties (Soul Ties #1) 15 137 Aug 17, 2014 05:14PM

• Dark Wings (The Never Dark, #1)
  • Darkest Hour
  • The Second Sign (The Second Sign, #1)
  • The Vampires of Soldiers Cove (The Vampires of Soldiers Cove, #1)
  • The Bullet List (The Saving Bailey Trilogy, #1)
  • A Pirate's Curse (Legends of the Soaring Phoenix, #1)
  • Bound Angel
  • The Garden of Eden (The Eden Chronicles #1)
  • Cherry Kisses (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Ageless Sea (Ageless, #1)
  • Strength (Aigis Trilogy, #1)
  • The Accidental Groupie (The Accidental Groupie, #1)
  • Her Own Best Enemy
  • Catalyst (Tethered, #1)
  • Katie's Hellion (Rhyn Trilogy, #1)
  • The Last Enchantress
  • Destiny Calls (The Phoenix Rising, #1)
  • The Dark God's Bride (The Dark God's Bride, #1)
I am unable to read/answer GR messages at present.
Please feel free to contact me by email at lisa_writes@ymail.com
It's unfortunately become difficult to keep up with requests/messages made via various social media sites.
Thank you so much for understanding! :)

Lisa is an author of new adult romance and writes both paranormal and contemporary, often with a side of snark.
Lisa is originally from the UK

Soul Ties (2 books)
  • Torn Souls (Soul Ties, #2)