Start by marking “Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans” as Want to Read:
Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans

Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans

4.34  ·  Rating Details ·  4,048 Ratings  ·  206 Reviews
By the creators of the critically-acclaimed leading Paleo food blog, Nom Nom Paleo features over 100 flavor-packed, nutrient-dense recipes using real, whole ingredients for foodies, fitness buffs, and families, presented in a fun, fresh style complete with awesome cartoons and tons of 4-color photography. Nom Nom Paleo is a visual feast, crackling with humor and packed ...more
Published December 17th 2013 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Nom Nom Paleo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nom Nom Paleo

Elyse
Feb 19, 2017 Elyse rated it it was amazing
A cook book with a sense of humor!

Laugh -cook -eat! --
Jan 27, 2017 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks-health
Michelle makes cooking fun with this cookbook. Cartoons and diagrams for illustrating. Easy to follow instructions. I've been waiting on this one for awhile. She brings Umami to every meal. I highly recommend this cookbook. I was not disappointed.
Suzanne Barrett
Mar 03, 2014 Suzanne Barrett rated it it was amazing
Having switched to a primal/paleo lifestyle in 2012, I’m always looking for cookbooks that sup-port this eating plan and quite frankly, some have been better than others. After a family member recommended Nom Nom Paleo, I decided to visit author and food blogger Michelle tam’s web-site to check for myself. After reading her candid and often humorous blog and trying a couple of the recipes, I ordered her book from the publisher.

Was I in for a surprise! This is one of the coolest paleo books out t
Jessica
Dec 19, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
It's quirky and fun. Full of real information without being too heady. Would be great for a beginning cook or someone with seasoned skills. She breaks it down for you and gives you real life. Photography and stories are great. I have never made a Nom Nom recipe that I didn't like... always packed with flavor. Even if you are not in need of a dairy or wheat free cook book... or have no intention to jump on the Paleo wagon this book is still a MUST have. I cannot wait to make my way through the re ...more
Kelly
Dec 18, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
This is my new favorite cookbook. The graphics, photography, and organization make the book beautiful, entertaining, and easy to read. The authors, as on their blog, have a trustworthy yet down-to-earth writing style. Their humor keeps the tone light and healthy because - as you fellow real fooders know - preparing 21 meals a week is a lot of work!

The book begins with an introduction to paleo eating, including the author's personal story and lists for stocking your kitchen. I love that the autho
Tasha
Dec 27, 2013 Tasha rated it it was amazing
This is the first cookbook I have read cover to cover in one sitting. It is a quirky, funny, informative cookbook on eating Paleo. Although I don't plan on "going Paleo" any time soon, I am totally making my own mayo and kick ass bone broth!
Nat
Nov 19, 2014 Nat rated it did not like it
I want to write "judgy" in italics.
Justine L
Nov 27, 2014 Justine L rated it it was amazing
I'm the type of person who will repeatedly buy fresh produce and protein in a spurt of optimism, only to let them decay quietly in the fridge as my good intentions fade away. This cookbook has really helped me to get over this fatal flaw :) Every recipe I've made from Food for Humans has been a hit, which keeps me coming back to try more!

I've recently returned to the Paleo lifestyle to support my husband, who is trying to commit to it for the first time, and seeing significant improvements to hi
blueMeridian
Aug 15, 2014 blueMeridian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having an allergy to soy, to most dairy by extension, and un-pinpointed issues with wheat/gluten type grains, I find paleo a very useful trend. Nomnompaleo.com was a site I ran across a couple years ago after my diagnosis and I've been following it ever since, so I'm familiar with the look and feel of Tam's writing style, which is both casual and generally informative; the kind of writing where I enjoy reading the latest post even if the recipe doesn't appeal to me. Still, I mostly use the inter ...more
Carolyn
Nov 09, 2014 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Great recipes! Great intro to paleo with delicious recipes & pictures to prove it! I'm vegan but my husband isn't so this book was great for both of us!
Becky
Mar 11, 2014 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-drink
A really great cookbook with delicious recipes, and easy to learn but necessary advanced kitchen skills. I love the spectrum of food you get with Michelle- Thai, Korean, French, Italian. It also shows you how great cooking with fresh foods can be (even if you aren't paleo, or refuse to pay for grassfed beef, there are good healthy recipes in here!), and her introduction on kitchen and weekly planning makes it all relatively easy.

My only beef (haha) is that on the kindle there is no recipe table
Jennifer Ochoa
Dec 30, 2013 Jennifer Ochoa rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
This is a good beginner cookbook for those interested in the Paleo diet. It is a fun read with beautiful photography. If you expect challenging recipes or recipes that aren't already on the Nom Nom Paleo blog, you will be disappointed.

One big gripe (and a reason for 3 stars instead of 4) is that there is no calculated nutritional content. It's a terrible oversight, considering that nutritional content would take the writer very little time to calculate so that the readers do not have to. It's a
Kate
Jan 12, 2014 Kate rated it it was amazing
Ever since I was officially diagnosed with celiac disease, started cross-fit training, and generally had to do a lifestyle overhaul, Michelle Tam's blog and now her amazing cookbook and iPad app, have been by my side. She's my go to gal for all things Paleo. She makes cooking fun and shows that it doesn't have to be very time consuming at all. Her recipes are easy to follow, look amazing, and taste delicious. I have even surprised guests. Don't take my word for it though, check it out for yourse ...more
Christine
I absolutely loved this book! Not so much for the recipes (but these are very good as well) but the humour in which Michelle writes about the everyday hurdles we face trying to feed our family "healthy". Her accounts had me laughing out loud. So we are not the only disfunctionial family at mealtimes. I actually forgot at times that it was a recipe book I was reading.
Carole
Nov 03, 2014 Carole rated it really liked it
This is a fun book, explaining the Paleo lifestyle and including easy recipes with all the tools you'll need for a Paleo kitchen. Although I'm not quite ready to go "full Paleo", I appreciate all the health benefits and love the delicious meals.
Kristina
Jul 01, 2013 Kristina rated it it was amazing
I have pre ordered this book and can't wait till December! I just got the 80 page preview and I am so excited to get started with some of the recipes. The photos are fantastic, the cartoons are fun, and the food all looks yummy enough to eat right off the page!

December needs to get here soon!
Sarah Guyette
Mar 03, 2014 Sarah Guyette rated it it was amazing
I want to make every single thing in this book! I wish I weren't so lazy about cooking complicated food right now. Not everything is complicated, but some of the recipes have huge lists of ingredients. I can't wait to eat all this stuff. nom nom
Aug 18, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food, cookbooks
A substantial hardcover volume with heavy pages and incredibly gorgeous photographs, this cookbook makes you want to get up off the couch RIGHTNOW and make one of the enticing recipes inside. Buy this book if you love food.
Mmaster
May 25, 2015 Mmaster rated it it was ok
I cynic at this book. Cynic is now a verb. I'm sure the recipes are wonderful, but I am way too picky an eater for any of the suggestions to appeal to me...
Marissa (Rae Gun Ramblings)
Mar 18, 2016 Marissa (Rae Gun Ramblings) rated it it was amazing
I was drooling while reading through this. ANd yes I did totally read a cookbook. I love her personality and writing style. The recipes sound and look delicious.
Jess
Dec 28, 2014 Jess rated it really liked it
Only 4 stars because I haven't made anything from it yet. But read it from cover to cover and everything looks delish!
Lisa
Mar 13, 2017 Lisa rated it did not like it
Normally I would not be this harsh but this book was AWFUL!!!! The only thing that was positive about this book was there were step by step pictures. Other than that I would not eat or make anything in this book. It makes my skin crawl.
Marsha Cousino
Mar 20, 2017 Marsha Cousino rated it it was amazing
This cookbook will add many new recipes for Paleo cooking. There are a lot of things in this book that brought out some interesting food pairings and things we had not ever cooked and want to try. Great teaching tool! It also has the Instant Pot recipes we want to try.
Simonew
Jan 16, 2017 Simonew rated it it was amazing
Great cookbook - very inspiring . love the layout and the pictures and notes . Great introduction . Good collection of recipes.
Christine
Jan 03, 2017 Christine rated it it was amazing
Fantastic reference and starting point for beginning cave persons. Loved it.
Maura La prova
Sep 21, 2016 Maura La prova rated it it was ok
The book looks great. The pages are very thick. There is a lot of blah blah which I call filler that wastes my time. I prefer her website to the book. I bought the book to support her because here website is amazing. The book.... not so good really. I stick to the website for recipes.
Emily
Apr 11, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing
So asked to identify my eating style, I'll say natural food, low-carb because I still eat limited dairy--cooking in butter, an ounce of cheese a day, and I used to drink alcohol. Still I picked this up because there's a fair amount of crossover with paleo, and I was interested to see what it offered. It turned out to be a really great book, and I learned I can sub in the paleo tag since some people do eat dairy on it.

The book is hefty and full of good info on what to stock in your pantry and wh
Melanie
Sep 08, 2014 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I came across this cookbook while researching the Paleo diet. I'm not following the Paleo diet, but this is one of my current favorite cookbooks. Her writing is a lot of fun to read, the full-color pages with plenty of comics and pictures are a pleasure to look at, and the recipes are delicious. So far I have cooked:

-Classic Egg Salad--my egg-salad-loving husband approved heartily of this version, and I've made it 3 times to date.
-Citrus Vinaigrette--refreshing and easy
-Kai Jiao (Thai Omelet)-
Fanny
Aug 18, 2015 Fanny rated it it was amazing
I've only been considering trying the paleo lifestyle because I have alot of immune issues and I have been reading that it can help. Also, I need to lose no less than 60 pounds! I have always done the Atkins diet which has really worked in the past but as I have gotten older it isn't as effective. One of the things I really like about the paleo way of eating is that protein is a regular staple on your daily menu. I need protein, but I need to eat it with smarter choices in my sides. Something be ...more
  • Well Fed 2: More Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat
  • Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining
  • The Ancestral Table: Traditional Recipes for a Paleo Lifestyle
  • Primal Cravings: Your Favorite Foods Made Paleo
  • Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog
  • The Paleo Kitchen: Finding Primal Joy in Modern Cooking
  • Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great
  • Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go: The Solution to Gluten-Free Eating All Day Long with Delicious, Easy and Portable Primal Meals
  • Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen
  • The Zenbelly Cookbook: An Epicurean’s Guide to Paleo Cuisine
  • The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body
  • The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-free Meals the Easy Way
  • Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook: Real Food for Real Life
  • The Frugal Paleo Cookbook: Affordable, Easy & Delicious Paleo Cooking
  • Primal Blueprint Healthy Sauces Dressings and Toppings
  • The 21-Day Sugar Detox: Bust Sugar & Carb Cravings Naturally
  • The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook: An Allergen-Free Approach To Managing Chronic Illness
  • Mediterranean Paleo Cooking: Over 150 Fresh Coastal Recipes for a Relaxed, Gluten-Free Lifestyle
Michelle Tam is the cheeky food nerd and working mom behind Nom Nom Paleo, a leading food blog and one of the bestselling and highest-rated iPad® cooking apps of all time. The Kitchn has heralded Michelle’s recipes as “often Asian-influenced, often California-inspired, and always popping with flavor.” In 2012, Saveur Magazine recognized Michelle’s site as the world's Best Special Diets Food Blog.

W
More about Michelle Tam...

“Prioritize whole, unprocessed, nutrient-rich, nourishing foods. Eat vegetables, grass-fed and pastured meats and eggs, wild-caught seafood, and some fruit, nuts, and seeds. Avoid foods that are likely to be more harmful than healthful. Especially when regularly consumed, certain foods can trigger inflammation, cause digestive problems, or derail our natural metabolic processes, such as grains, legumes, sugar, and processed seed and vegetable oils.” 1 likes
“Hands-on time: 10 minutes 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard Total time: 10 minutes 2 teaspoons capers, minced 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon onion powder 1 teaspoon paprika ½ teaspoon ancho chile powder” 1 likes