Start by marking “Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)” as Want to Read:
Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions #2)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  1,597 Ratings  ·  294 Reviews

Rose Zarelli 2.0 here--2.0, as in, innovative...superior...improved.
Improved how? Glad you asked. This year, I will not:
1. Do things just because other people want me to.
2. Randomly shoot off my mouth.
3. Worry about whether I'm someone's girlfriend--or not.
So, what will I do this year?
1. Find my thing and be who I want to be.
2. Learn when to speak up--and when to sh
Published July 1st 2013 by Harlequin Teen (first published May 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend

eileen
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend by Louise Rozett is just as beautiful as the first book, if not more, and it did not fail to catch my breath. It's become one of my favorite young adult books, even.

The thing that managed to get me every single time is how well I could relate to Rose. I didn't understand how Louise could create such a compelling teenage character, but I got her like no other. Rose was confused and lost, like
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Thank you YA Bound for the copy.

'I feel like maybe—just maybe—I could actually make something of myself this year. Rose 2.0. '

Just like it's predecessor, Confessions on an Almost Girlfriend not only promises an entertaining ride of a teenager, but also many harsher situations which were lightly peppered with some humour. This book was so so close to being flawless that I turned into 'an almost spaz'. Not only can Rozett perfect a young teen's voic
Jasprit
Rose has come a long way since we last met her in Confessions of an Angry Girl. She still has that fire and passion which we see from time to time in little fiery outbursts. And she continually finds herself tangled up in other people’s messes even though she tries to stay away from it all. But she brings so much flair and spunk that you can’t but help forming such a strong connection with her.

Rose is still dealing with what happened at last year’s prom, she hasn’t heard a single peek from Jami
Booknut
'Instead of closing the door to get away from the mirror like I usually do, I stand there and take a good look.

It's weird. I'm disappointed when I look in the mirror but it's not because I don't like what I see. I mean, I don't, but that's not what bugs me. What bugs me is that what I see in the mirror doesn't match what I see in my head. In my head, I'm prettier than I am in real life, so when I look in the mirror and see what I see, I feel let down. And also a little crazy.

Where did I get tha
Geri Reads
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 angst-ridden stars

Holy hell! What a ride! It felt like I was taken by aliens and dropped into the set of Mean Girls/My So-Called Life or something. This one was really angsty but sooo good. Pure YA but the story is much more complicated than that and the characters are layered, complex and totally interesting.

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend is a sequel to Confessions of an Angry Girl. I didn't read the first one. I actually didn't connect the two of them until I after I logged on to Goodr
Giselle
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, ebook
*This review is spoiler free for the series*

After enjoying Confessions of an Angry Girl more than I expected to, I'm happy to report that this is a strong sequel with impressive character growth. I may even have enjoyed it more than the first.

What surprised me in the first book was the amount of depth there was to the story. You think it will be this whiny drama-filled book, but while there is definite drama, everything feels so realistic and raw. The protagonist, Rose, does come off as someone
Irina Villacis
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
antes de la lectura

no esperaba mucho pero estaba emocionada porque aunque me adelanté hace años y me spoilee algunas cosas del segundo libro no sabia para nada como todo terminaba .

durante la lectura
este libro al igual que su predecesor fue corto y ligero. de una forma suave y natural nos enseña , nos abre a este mundo de cosas reales pero vistas de un ángulo de positivismo. no es que la protagonista lo fuera , pero en mi caso . en mi mente la forma en como narraba Rosie sabia que todo iba a ir
Tzippy
Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend picks up at the beginning of sophomore year, a few months after Confessions of an Angry Girl left off. Rose and Tracy are best friends again (and Tracy is awesome, all of a sudden), Rose and her mother are having big problems because of the dedication website Rose set up in her father's memory, and Jamie has been avoiding Rose ever since Regina set him up for possession of alcohol.

On the first page, we're introduced to a new character: Conrad Deladdo. Conrad i
Fanny
Nov 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Confessions Of An Almost Girlfriend es el segundo libro de la trilogia llamada Confessions creada por la autora Loiuse Rozett y continua narrando la historia de Rose.
Al comenzar la lectura me senti un poco perdida, hacia mas de dos años que habia leido el primer libro y no recordaba casi nada, pero segun fui avanzando se hizo mas facil de entender.
Los que me conocen saben que no soy mucho de leer este tipo de libros, prefiero leer historias mas adultas pero ultimamente he leido varios libros de
Mely Jane
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book <3
Juhina
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars

Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend is the sequel to Confessions of an Angry Girl, a contemporary novel I have read and loved last year. The reason why I loved the first book is mainly because of the refreshing POV of Rose, our main protagonist. Last year had been a tough year for Rose and her family without her father. In Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend, we now don't have a zombie like mother, but one who wants to discuss everything in therapy, as well as a brother who seems to p
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
See this review and more on The Moonlight Library!

Six stars, bitches!
Challenge: to review a book using only gifs to sum up the reading experience.
Challenge accepted.
description

Thanks to HarlequinTEEN and Netgalley for providing this advanced reader copy for an honest review.
Stacia (the 2010 club)
If I can find some spare time tomorrow to go back through my notes, I will add more to this review.

A few brief thoughts until then : I just went back and read my review for the first book in the Confessions series and had the urge to want to copy/paste the entire thing into my assessment of book 2.

Everything has changed, but I still feel the same.

The stumbling block for me is that the books still seem on the young end (even for YA). I lived a completely different life in high school, so I don't
Atmika
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh... Oh the cover is so cool! The girl looks like Taylor swift. No? OK maybe it's just me. *sigh*

UPDATED: Review

Rose isn't crazy
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
"His kiss ricochets throughout my entire body in a nanosecond. He grabs my arms and turns me, practically lifting me off the ground as he backs me up against his car, pinning me to the driver's-side door with his body as his tongue lashes across my lips and into my mouth. It's like he's been waiting for this to happen again as long as I have."

I fell in love with Louise Rozzet's novel; Confessions of an Angry Girl when I read it last year, and once again, she's wowed me with the sequel; Confessio
Claire
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I thought: I absolutely loved Confessions of an Angry Girl, so I had really high expectations for this one - and Louise Rozett did not disappoint. In fact, I would go all the way and say she really exceeded them! I find that sequels for contemporary novels don't always work well, but this one really hit the mark.

My first reaction was literally "How can it end like that?" Especially when there doesn't seem to be another book confirmed, and yes I cried (and died) a little. Rose is back and th
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Rose Zarelli begins grade ten with a pool party that sets the tone for the year to come. The swim team - or "swim thugs" as everyone calls them - are initiating a new member, a trendily-dressed boy called Conrad, by throwing cups of beer at his face until he falls into the swimming pool while the boys yell homophobic insults at him, and blasting water from a hose into his mouth until he chokes. When Conrad is pushed into the pool he lets himself sink and isn't coming back up; only Rose seems to ...more
Estelle
Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend by Louise Rozett is a perfect example of a sequel that successfully improves upon the previous book. The aspects that I disliked in Confessions of an Angry Girl were mostly absent here; the aspects that I loved were further expanded upon and I was still surprised at the new twists and turn of events that developed the story in a satisfying way. Despite having mixed feelings towards the first book, I’m extremely glad that I gave the Confession series a second c ...more
nick
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

I don't know how she does it every time, but Louise Rozett has an uncanny ability to portray teenagers as realistically as possible. Confessions of an Angry Girl was a brilliant debut and I did not think it could get any better, but the author proved me completely wrong by producing a sequel that's even better than the predecessor. This book, right here, is a fine example of why I love YA books although I'm outgrowing my teenage years.

Rose has always been a wonderful main character. She has a go
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

First off! Let me just say that I think Louise is a genius when it comes to teen angst and coming into your own. With this book and the last, I think she has captured the pure essence of growing up and the drama of friends, family and relationships.

Now let's start with Rose for some reason she keeps getting herself in the middle of everything.

It starts to take a toll on her.

For her she is just trying to fit in without truly knowing herself. Now let's add Regina the school bitch

But we st
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin (UK) Limited and Netgalley.)
This is book 2 in the ‘confessions’ series.
15-year-old Rose still doesn’t know where she stands with Jamie Forta, her mother is still making her go to therapy with her, and once again Rose is labelled as a tattle-tale and a sl*t, and all before the first day at school.
She’s also worried that her brother is doing drugs, and her memorial website for her father isn’t
Trisha
Rose's journey continues in this sequel to 'Confessions of an Angry Girl', and she's still angry - but maybe now she's learning to control it a little more, but of course, there's more and different things to be angry at/with...

Rose is totally believable. She makes so many mistakes, it's easy to get angry with her. And she doesn't always manage to fix her errors, and just as she has to live with it, so do we (Oh Rose).

But I am happy to see Peter's progress and I loved meeting snippy, snipe-y Cal
Sarika Patkotwar
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating- 3.5

*NOTE: We (The Readdicts) received a copy of Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions #2) by Louise Rozett from Net Galley. We thank Louise and Net Galley for the book!

I had read some absolutely great things about the first book in Louise Rozett's Confessions series, Confessions of an Angry Girl. For me, the book turned to be full of teenage drama which was like watching a TV series that I didn't quite like as much as the others did. But the second book, Confessions of
Pooja (On books!)
Originally posted here: http://aandhowareyou.blogspot.in/2013...

It's 3AM and my mind is reeling as in the past few hours, I have chuckled, smiled and cried into the early morning hours reading this beautiful gift for teens. I vaguely recall the numerous teen reads that filled my bookshelf when I was still in high school and NONE of them match up to the complexity and depth with which Confessions of An Almost-Girlfriend explores various issues that grapple us at the age of sixteen.

Confessions of
Shelley
*Genre* YA Contemporary
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

After reading Confessions of an Angry Girl last year, I knew that I was going to read the sequel Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend. 16-year old Rose Zarelli has a unique voice and one that I can totally follow and understand without rolling my eyes from all the angst, and ugly moments that she experiences over the course of the story.

Rose has definitely come a long way from the first book but her life hasn't exactly been a box of chocolates. She'
Rachel
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-ya
4.5/5 stars!

My first confession - I did not read the first book in this series. Did I miss a ton of background info? Probably. But, I still really enjoyed this second book!

My second confession - I love a good YA novel. Ahhhhhh... to be 15 again! To go to school dances, to crush on the hot older guy who may or may not be your boyfriend/friend/something more? To have fights with your mom and best friend and ex-friends. All of these things happened in this book, and so much more.

Rose is now 15 and
Sanny
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Louise Rozett’s Confessions Series is everything a good YA book should be.

The writing had me completely captivated and I struggled right along with Rose, the main character. The emotions were there through the entire book and I must say that it wasn’t always an easy read, after all Rose’s life isn’t always easy. While reading, the emotions are always right there on the surface and I admit there was a tear or two since Lousie Rozett made it incredibly easy to feel along with Rose.

Rose is a grea
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Man Louise ROCKED MY SOCKS with this second book. Rose oh sweet Jesus Rose had a rough Freshmen year and she survived it by the skim of her teeth. So much has happened after losing her father but her brother and mother are coming around. So now Rose is going into her sophomore year and she has decided she will let the cards fall where they may. She cares for Jamie and even thinks she loves him but she is not going to force him to do anything. Plus she is singing and she has such a kick a$$ voice ...more
Henrietta
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Confession: I haven’t read Confessions Of An Angry Girl.

But when I opened Confessions Of An Almost-Girlfriend, I felt immediately drawn into the world of Rose. I was so hooked that I finished reading the book in one setting! Even though I haven’t read book one, I felt I understood the characters quite well – Rose, Jamie, Regina, Conrad and Peter – I felt their anxiety, nervousness, anger and silliness, and I laughed and cringed and sighed as I read, not wanting to miss out on any of the ups and
Luna
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Confessions of an Angry Girl but Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend is so much better. It’s more emotional, complex and really hard to put down.

About to return to school after the train-wreck of her the previous year Rose is at a party and ends up in the spotlight again and not in a good way. From an outside perspective Rose is doing the right thing but none of her classmates agree and neither does the person she helps.

Throughout Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend you can’t help but
3rd book? when? 3 15 Dec 17, 2013 03:07AM
  • Normalish
  • Banish
  • From Scratch (Blue Plate, #1)
  • Secret for a Song
  • Life Was Cool Until You Got Popular
  • What Tears Us Apart
  • The Truth About You and Me
  • You Look Different in Real Life
  • An Endless Summer (Summer, #2)
  • Reaction (Reflection, #2)
  • Young, Gifted and Dead (St Jude's Academy, #1)
  • Season of Second Chances
  • Hear Me
  • Ink Is Thicker Than Water
  • Manicpixiedreamgirl
  • Graffiti Girl
  • The Whole Stupid Way We Are
  • Another Little Piece of My Heart
Louise Rozett is an author, a playwright, and a recovering performer. She made her YA debut with Confessions of an Angry Girl, followed by Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend, both published by HarlequinTEEN. And then came No More Confessions, in January 2015! She lives with her 120-pound Bernese Mountain dog Lester (named after Lester Freamon from THE WIRE, of course) in sunny Los Angeles, and pi ...more
More about Louise Rozett

Confessions (3 books)
  • Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1)
  • No More Confessions (Confessions, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Miseducation of Cameron Post
    $9.74 $1.99
  • I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • I Capture the Castle
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“If you’re not used to compliments, they can really mess you up for a minute.” 25 likes
“I did the wrong thing, and I lost him for real.

But did you do the wrong thing? Jamie thinks it was the wrong thing. But do you?

No. I don't.

I didn't do what Jamie would have wanted me to do, but that doesn't mean it was wrong.”
15 likes