Start by marking “Authority in Prayer: Praying with Power and Purpose” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Authority in Prayer: P...

Dutch Sheets

Authority in Prayer: Praying with Power and Purpose

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  277 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Why are so many Christians walking in weakness? Bestselling author and internationally-known speaker Dutch Sheets points to ineffective prayer as the answer. He offers hope to become prayer warriors--not weaklings.
ebook
Published May 1st 2007 by Bethany House Publishers (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Authority in Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Authority in Prayer

Mark
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While it does have thoughts on how you can increase your praying power, there is too much about how he (Dutch) has made all these different things happen. I would not recommend this book. I think there are others about prayer that are better.
Sue
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The subtitle pretty well sums it up: Praying with Power and Purpose. He explains how God has delegated authority to us as adamites (adam meaning man) and then challenges us to recognize the authority we have and walk in it. Governmental intercession is not just praying for the political government but government represents our individual sphere of influence so it is praying for the situations over which we have authority and influence. All of his writings are excellent and take the time to devel ...more
Roy
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dutch Sheets is known for his teaching on prayer. I hope he is also a man of prayer though I don’t know much about him other than from his books. Sheets is a charismatic teacher and travels the world teaching on prayer. He has written other books on prayer besides the one that I am going to review.

The Positives

1. The Short Chapters.

The book has only 14 chapters. This is a relatively short book for me. It is only 197 pages. The chapters are short and mostly to the point.

2. No Guilt Trips on Pray
Bill Stegemueller
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
I just got through reading Dutch Sheets, “Authority in Prayer.” It was one of those books that is difficult to put down once you start. The subtitle is, “Praying with Power and Purpose,” which is really captures the whole idea behind the book.

Dutch opened my eyes to the incredible authority we have in prayer. Everything he teaches is backed up with Scripture and illustrated through his own personal experience. I liked the book so much that I went to his website to order the mp3 teaching which wa
Julie D.
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a really good book on prayer. I've read a lot of books on prayer and this one has some really great points. I enjoyed the stories throughout the book on the intervention that God did in peoples lives. I always find that so inspiring to hear how God has worked in peoples lives. These stories really help to make the book easy to read and keeps you going as it holds your interest.

One area that really inspired me, and where I lack in my prayer life, is praying for those in government. H
Jannette
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dutch Sheets, the author of Authority in Prayer is one of the most powerful and awesome books I have read.

I don't know about you, but I have always wondered why some Christians are successful in their prayer life and others seem to always go with unanswered prayers and confusion. I admit I used to be the ones without much success. I would always carry doubt and unbelief in my prayers.

This book has increased my faith to a higher level of understanding and confidence. Dutch, shows and reminds us w
Phil Gould
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
I found this book on a used book shelf at our local Christian book store and thought it might provide some answers as to why my prayer life is so ineffective. It didn't really do that, and while I agree with much of the charismatic content, like receiving words of knowledge, that was almost overshadowed by Sheets' dominion theology, which I do not agree with. A little research after finishing the book revealed that Sheets is also associated with the New Apostolic Reformation, which is a term C. ...more
Shannan Williams
This is the first book that I have read by this author and it was pretty interesting. He has a style of writing which kept me interested throughout the whole book. He shares personal stories and it made it a more interesting read. This is a powerful book about taking authority over your prayer life. I am not the best at praying I will admit, so reading these prayers and testimonies just amazed me.

I couldn’t believe the way these people got together and prayed and things were happening because of
Machelle Dykstra
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first began reading “AUTHORITY IN PRAYER” I struggled to become engaged and focused. Rather than give up or post a negative review, I stopped reading it for a couple of weeks. Once I was in a better frame of mind, I began again and was much more easily engaged and interested in the material. I have to admit, I am not an avid prayer. My prayers are simple, short, and specific. I do not get verbose, I just get to the point. This book was helpful in learning the authority I have in prayer, a ...more
Kimberly
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Authority in Prayer: Praying With Power and Purpose by Dutch Sheets is an awesome book filled with faith, humor, testimonies and so much more. The author shows Biblical reasons for taking authority in our prayers. A real faith-builder as you read of answered prayers and know that God does answer our prayers. Prayer is powerful! This book helped me to see that it is important to use the power we are given, by God, in our prayers.

I highly recommend this book.
I received an ARC (advanced readers co
  • The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting
  • Every Prophecy of the Bible
  • The Anointing
  • Intimate Friendship with God: Through Understanding the Fear of the Lord
  • The Most Misused Verses in the Bible: Surprising Ways God's Word Is Misunderstood
  • Breaking Intimidation: Say "No" Without Feeling Guilty.  Be Secure Without the Approval of Man
  • Breakthrough Prayer: The Secret of Receiving What You Need from God
  • Honest to God: Becoming Brutally Honest with a Gracious God
  • And the Lamb Wins: Why the End of the World Is Really Good News
  • The Jesus Experiment: What Happens When You Follow in His Footsteps?
  • Godspeed: Making Christ's Mission Your Own
  • Why Trust Jesus?: An Honest Look at Doubts, Plans, Hurts, Desires, Gripes, Questions, and Pleasures
  • 100 Days in the Secret Place