Start by marking “Oh, Oh, Baby Boy!” as Want to Read:
Oh, Oh, Baby Boy!

Oh, Oh, Baby Boy!

Oh, Oh, Baby Boy! follows a newborn baby as he grows up, laughs, plays, causes mischief, and makes friends. His father's involvement is woven throughout the story, and depicted in nontraditional ways. The baby's father cuddles, bathes, and cooks with his son, and re-enters the story when the baby boy eventually becomes a father himself, bringing the journey full circle.
Published June 30th 2013 by Blood Orange Press

To ask other readers questions about Oh, Oh, Baby Boy!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh, Oh, Baby Boy!

Christina
Nov 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-books
Gorgeous illustrations, beautiful concept, but somehow falls short. Be sure to read it yourself before sharing with the very young as you might be having the where-do-babies-come-from talk before you planned. I include this title with others that are picture books intended for adults not children.
Lisa
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Beautiful art, adorable father and child. There’s a visual depiction of birth on one page that may be startling to some parents.
Meghan
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet book. Beautiful illustrations and story. I found this book after reading a piece on the author on colorlines.com that included a link to the author Janine Macbeth's kickstarter page and a video of her explaining her project.

I bought the book for my partner's first Father's Day after our son was born. The author wanted to represent men in positive, nurturing parenting roles and not just as mother's occasional helper. Baby Boy's father is shown taking care of his young son. The book en
JP
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books-read
The book Mom got Dad for Christmas to start the tradition of a book gift each Christmas or Christmas Eve. She heard about it from an event at Harvard Book Store and liked it because of its diversity and the unique perspective of showing dads in non-traditional or formerly motherly dominated roles. Heartwarming story in the book and of the publication of the book.
Juliana Lee
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Beautiful combination of sparse text and rich illustrations. Full cycle starting with one father and his baby boy as the baby boy grows and becomes a father himself sharing the magic with his father. Warning to squeamish parents, there is a picture of the second baby boy entering the world, look ahead and decide for yourselves.
Josh Cleveland
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so impressed with this book!

I hope an "Oh, Oh, Baby Girl" comes out, still with a father involved. For now, I'll change that word for my daughter.

Highlights engaged fatherhood in a thoughtful way.
Emelda
Such lovely, simple, rhythmic, and straight forward text. Beautiful illustrations (one which shows, non-graphically, a baby's head crowning during birth), wonderful generically brown characters that anyone can see reflecting themselves.
Michelle
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
I think we could have done without the birth picture...
Kate McCartney
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book for Father's.
Paul
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Boy, oh, boy! It's getting boisterous!
Kelly