Start by marking “The UnPopular Pea (& Carrot)” as Want to Read:
The UnPopular Pea (& Carrot)

The UnPopular Pea (& Carrot)

Published November 1st 2013 by Tickles & Company (first published April 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The UnPopular Pea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The UnPopular Pea

Start your review of The UnPopular Pea (& Carrot)
Book Preview Review
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Book Description:

“Pea and Carrot have a bad feeling. Are Donut, Soda and Candy hiding something? They are so sweet, fancy and popular. But something is not right about them. Do they have a bitter secret? Today's food society is very confusing for children and adults alike.

Food comes in wrappers and boxes with intimidating ingredient lists. What are we really eating? Do we know where it came from? Is it even real food? Eating should be simple. THE UNPOPULAR PEA (& CARROT) serves as a fun way
Larry B Gray
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading the cutest little children’s book on good nutrition. The Unpopular Pea (& Carrot) by Elle Valentine is a fun read and full of good information.

The author did an excellent job of developing her story using rhyming to make it a fun book to read which kids will like. Not only is it funny but it will help educate children on basic good nutrition. I like the characters and the storyline which will keep a child’s attention.

I really The Unpopular Pea (& Carrot) by Elle
Miss Meghan's Class
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The author of this book sent me a message on here asking if I would be interested in reading it with my class. I am so glad that she did.

I thought this book was very cute and I loved he art. The way she showed how much better fruits and veggies are for you than junk food was really creative and the kids that I read it too actually asked me for more fruits and veggies for snack.

Definitely check this book out. I can't wait til Ms Valentine writes something else for me to share with my kids. :)
Denise Tarasuk
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
The UnPopular Pea is a delight. Every child will love the vibrant colors and the characters within. The words are catchy and this Vegetable Delight is fun to read. There is a lesson to learn and children learn fast. This book will make a difference when picking healthy food or shopping. This cute book tells all! Fun and Fancy! A Great Read Out Loud earns The Unpopular Pea a 5*!
Christa Simpson
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a great little story. It promotes healthy eating and helps kids make smart food choices. The illustrations were vibrant and the reading easy and relatable. The ending was so adorable. The best part was that my girls loved it as much as I did. :)

I definitely recommend this story and hope it'll help other young children learn healthy eating habits.
Emorie
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is such a cute story with an even better message. This book promotes healthy eating habits in a way that children can easily relate to and understand. The rhyming movement of this story also makes the book quite easy to understand. Perfect for youngsters! I love this story.
Weisser
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Very cute. I plan to share this with my students this week. I hope they can understand the concepts covered about healthy eating.
Stephanie
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Stephanie by: Elle Valentine
Shelves: children-s
Cute and educational book about what good foods are made of.
Virginia
Oct 02, 2014
Virginia
Jan 29, 2017
Elle Valentine
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jasmine
Jenna
Zowie Guilbeau
Paula
Sep 28, 2013
“What's on the inside, beneath that sugar? Is it a bug? Is it a booger?” 0 likes
“WAMZEE” 0 likes