Start by marking “Lost (Hidden, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lost (Hidden, #2)

Lost

(Hidden #2)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  1,022 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Three months ago, Christine Grant found herself, love, and impossible friends, while losing the memories of the biggest piece of her past.

Now, her powers are spinning out of control and must be tamed by the woman who saved the world, the same woman Christine is predicted to kill in less than a month.

Wanting to punish catty orphans was just the beginning. It’s only a matte
ebook
Published June 20th 2013 by M. Lathan (first published June 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost

Kenechi Udogu
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, series
I bought Lost because I downloaded a free copy of Hidden, the first book in the series, and really enjoyed it. I thought the characters were interesting and Christine’s story was worth following. So when I started reading Lost, I was prepared for the tone and flow of the book. Then I got a few chapters in and the story exploded into something even more brilliant than what was in the first book! Yes, I love this book. I couldn’t wait to finish it so I ended up reading it on my lunch break at work ...more
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
*Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

I'm gonna just dive right in...

This is such an epic read and I honestly feel like I've been transported into a whole other world... magically sewn to keep me wedged in. Dare I say it gives of a nostalgic feel of Harry Potter? Just the feeling mind you, so no angry glared my way!!

I love that even though book one awarded us with much character developments and shocking discoveries... This book still had more to give us! It kept me intereste
Anita
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! A few reasons without spoilers: the characters continue to develop, the story moves forward and it is satisfying while leaving plenty to continue. Also - I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler but I LOVE the relationship between Chris and Nate - it's strong, which id uncharacteristic for YA (no stupid lo e triangle) and I like it.
Marked By Books
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm really glad that I decided to read this book, mostly because I had almost forgotten how much I loved all of the characters from the first novel. I fell right back into the hilarious house dynamic that I loved so much in Hidden, and I'm so glad that I did. The characters were my favorite part in the first book, and I'm very happy to say the same about this one!

I'm really struggling to choose a favorite character, but it feels nearly impossible for me to do that right now because I have so man
Anne Iglesias
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As soon as I finished Hidden (Book 1 in the series), I immediately clicked to purchase Lost, and I was not disappointed. Christine, the main character, continues to learn to harness her powers. She is angry at the choice her mother made many years ago that separated their family. She tries to right that wrong and ends up in another world she never could have imagined. I enjoyed diving into this world with Christine, even though it wasn’t the dream she imagined it would be. While in this world Ch ...more
Rachel Carrington
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I seriously love this series. I'll admit, though, that this wasn't my favorite book. Not because the characters weren't brilliantly written; they were. The book moved at a fast pace, and the story flowed. I just didn't care for the alt world where Christine was trapped. I kept wanting her to get back to the real world because I knew what was happening wasn't real, and Christine had a way out. So there wasn't a lot of suspense in that world even though there was supposed to be.

I still love the b
Christine Bishop
Great Read!

Lost is the second book in the Hidden Series, and if you enjoyed reading Hidden then you definitely need to read Lost. I have enjoyed reading about Christine's story and cannot wait to read book 3 Shattered.
Shayna Varadeaux
I received tbis book in exchange for an honest review by the author.

So things are great in Christine, who used to be called Leah's, life. She has Nathan and Paul and Emma still with her. All watched over by Sophia and the woman who saved them in book one. She has offered to mentor Christine herself much to Christine's surprise! To Christine Lydia Shaw has Rock Star status. To Lydia Shaw, things are very different!

She's content until it's time for her three companions to straight their respective
Stacy Sabala
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
Book Review- Lost by M. Lathan
The second book in the Hidden series. The whole group is back again and the story takes off in this book where the last one left off. Christine and her friends are living in California and keeping her safe from Kamon. Kamon wants her and is searching for her. Her memories of her mother are still gone and she is obsessing about the ghosts that she thinks were her parents. She is also feeling like she doesn't belong especially when Emma, Paul and Nathan get a job that
Elen Tabita Bertoldi
soon in my blog too: https://licareads.blogspot.com.br

After the events of the previous book, Christine still wants to save Remi, doesn't want to use her powers and miss her parents more than ever but she doesn't remember that they are alive and that Lydia Shaw is in fact her mother. But when avoiding her powers just make them come too strong and she can't control them she needs to learn how to control them before she does something really bad.

Christine has to learn how to accept what she is and
Satarupa
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would love to thank M. Lathan, author of Lost for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this fabulous book.

I really enjoyed this book a lot and let me tell you guys if you liked book 1 then you will be knocked off by book 2, its awesome-sauce! The story continues where book 1 ended and now we see Christine (Leah) is trying to tackle her awesome powers which is becoming uncontrollab
Angi
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
3/11/14 Wow, better. Loved this second installment. Change of local, addition of several characters, interesting and intertwining agendas....phew! It was a lot but it was great. Another fabulous read with seamless transitioning. We also get a ton more info about the characters, plus a little alternate reality. It is truly amazing the way so many crazy themes come together so seamlessly. Yay! Can't wait for the next one!!

2/23/15 Ok, I dropped it down a star this time. This was a lot harder for me
T.L. Searle
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another well written story by M. Lathan.

I liked this book and enjoyed the development of the characters from the first book 'Hidden'. However, Chris is still as morose as ever throughout this book... and she makes insane decisions because of her emotions. Sometimes I felt like it needed just a little bit more humour to pull me out of the spiralling depression Chris spends her time wallowing in. I also want to yell at her for still not taking her powers seriously... the last book ended with an i
Crystal
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chronicles of Christine...

Chronicles of Christine...

I really like book 2 ,even more so then 1. The story really goes to show what you can take for granted not even knowing it. I wanted to delve deeper into the characters and their connections ,but this one kept up with just the main character Christine. we didn't get to know to much more about everybody else...I really enjoyed the storyline , it went in a direction I wasn't expecting and i enjoyed the ruining of the universe theme she had going.
Angelique
Nov 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought that it was actually pretty good as far as getting to know more about Lydia and Christine and their relationship. I felt like the author was trying to fit a lot of story into this one book by showing us an odd alternate reality where she grew up with her parents instead.

I do love, however, Nate. His devotion to Christine is unquestionable and we get to see this even in the alternate reality which I really did appreciate and showed me that they are the real deal.

I will buy the next one
Ashley
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
*SPOILER ALERT*

I really liked this book. It was really amazing and cleverly plotted. In my opinion it wasn't as good as the first though. In this book I love how we get to see what Christine's life would've been like if both her parents would've found out that Lydia was pregnant, but it turns out life would've been the opposite of fabulous. I also liked Emma's little relationship problem on the side, as well as when Christine finds Gavin and he remembered her. So needless to say this book is am
Dawn J Stevens
Aug 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
As the second book of the series I was excited to read more about the adorable magical couple and wasn't disappointed. As with the first, this one was also filled with fun twists that were anything but predicable. Then again, whenever you throw in an "alternate timeline", it's hard to be disappointed. The time switch was my favorite part of the book, bringing it to the end of book 2.

The POV switch in the last chapter derailed me a bit, but it did help to pull more interest in the 3rd book. Anxi
Lenore Kosinski
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
3.5 stars -- started off a bit slower and with a bit of me wondering where it was going. But totally finished off with a bang. LOVE where it went on July 4th...TOTALLY didn't see it coming and was actually really fun (and heartbreaking) to read! Can't wait to see where it goes from here, especially with that epilogue from Nathan. I do wish the characters had a bit more chemistry....sometimes it just feels like it's missing that something extra that would turn it into an incredible book...
Jul 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first book of this series, but really struggled to get into the second. I felt like the main character was extremely whiny and weak in the beginning, so I struggled to get past that. I also felt the book didn't get interesting and exciting until right at the end. I will read the next book in the series because I have grown to like the characters and liked the first book so much.
Debbie
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-read
I liked this book less than the first in the series mainly because of the first person narrative. Without revealing any spoilers, something happens in the first book that all the readers of the story know. The main character however does not know this point and spends a good part of this story trying to figure out what all the readers already know. It's a plot device that I'm not sure works here.

It's still an enjoyable read, and I'll definitely read the next one.
amandra
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I give five stars a lot but I love these there is never a boring minute I'm so excited to read the last two books out now and hoping M Latham continues the Series of just writes more books!
Emaleth Morrigan
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK!! "Au revoir, Oui, Oui. Croissant." Made me LOL big time. Was also chuckling all throughout. Not done yet actually but nearly there. Needless to say, this is significantly more cheerful than the first one, altho' there were some chuckle-worthy moments in Hidden, usually involving Paul. Love that dude.
Maureen Hoar
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg omg omg

Omg! This series just keeps getting better and better. Christine is starting to come out of her shell. She's learning to use her powers. Her and Nate are the cutest couple ever. She is growing stronger. the villains are everywhere. This book had me on pins and needles. Book three here I come.
Diana
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charlotte starts training with Lydia Shaw. Her life is still in danger and she still needs protection. In this one Charlotte goes through a portal and changes a memory of Lydia's and it changes the whole world but not in a good way, not the way she had hoped for. so now she has to find a way to undo it. Full video review on YouTube channel Adventures-IN-Print. https://youtu.be/-H7AaVYRAbw
Tasha  adee
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg

This series has had me hooked since the very first book. I just never wanna put it down. Its got all the great things about a book. Amazing writing style. Lovable characters. Horrible villains. And adorable lovers.
A.
Jun 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I think I actually read this one first, and liked it, so I went back and read the first book. Not usually the recommended technique, but it worked out pretty well with this series for me. I am looking forward to reading the third book! I think for content this book was mostly pretty clean.
Grace Denis
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2k13
I liked this book, and I loved it... until the end. I feel like the epilogue was just an excuse to write another book, not thought about at all. I know if this book had been written better, it would have made me cry. My four stars are very mainly for the story itself. (Which was pretty amazing.)
Mariame
OH NO Nathan!
Jillian
Sep 04, 2014 rated it liked it

I'm not a fan of the feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop and that's how this one read. Still, a mostly enjoyable story.
Ericka
May 17, 2014 rated it liked it
3.75 - 4 stars
  • Beyond The Grave (The Ministry of Curiosities, #3)
  • Awakening (Guardians, #1)
  • Caged (Talented Saga, #2)
  • Losing Mars (Saving Mars, #3)
  • Dearest Mother of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #6)
  • Retribution (Lost Souls #1)
  • Enchantment (Spellbound, #3)
  • Jiu Jiu, Vol. 1
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 6 (Chrono Crusade, #6)
  • Ehriad: A Novella of the Otherworld (The Otherworld Series, #5)
  • Rourk (Keegan's Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Unbound (All Good Things #1)
  • Chasing Darkness (Unbinding Fate, #3)
  • Sun Poisoned (Sunshine #2)
  • Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea #1)
  • Flower in a Storm (Flower in a Storm, #2)
  • A Vampire on Vacation (The Vampire From Hell, #3)
  • Deep Into the Soul (The Guild Series, #1)

Hidden (4 books)
  • Hidden (Hidden #1)
  • Shattered (Hidden, #3)
  • Awakened (Hidden #4)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
“they’d done to those poor creatures in Sololá. I stared at the store-bought paintings on her walls” 0 likes