Start by marking “Stalking Willow (Amazing Grace, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stalking Willow (Amazing Grace, #1)

Stalking Willow

(Amazing Grace #1)

A trail of bitterness, a stalker, and a neighbor to die for. What’s a girl to do?

A young executive, who fled a high-profile life years before, now faces the return of the paparazzi and a psychotic stalker unleashed by the machinations of her mother.

When faith is the one thing she no longer possesses, can she learn to trust God and the man she left behind to see her through
Published May 4th 2013 by Write Integrity Press

To ask other readers questions about Stalking Willow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalking Willow

Start your review of Stalking Willow (Amazing Grace, #1)
Maureen Timerman
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
As I began to read this book I soon realized that nothing was really as it appeared, and at first, I felt myself lost, was there another book that I was missing? No, as I continued the story pulled me in, and unfortunately, I guess right, but I can’t even imagine!
Above all, someone is tormenting Willow, a stalker, but as we read his intent is even more, and why?
There is so much jealousy here, greed? A bit of romance, child abuse, but then we are also shown how God’s hand is being offered and the
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Fay Lamb is a new to me author and wow did she totally take my breath away. Literally! This book is so suspenseful that at times, I didn't want to read it alone! Oh my goodness, I was sitting on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, and gasping whenever the stalker's POV was presented. Which, by the way, I loved that the author included that. It really enhanced the story for me and made me try to solve the mystery of who it was even faster. For the record - I didn't figure it out until nearly th ...more
Jennifer Sienes
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I recently completed reading the novel Stalking Willow by Fay Lamb. I requested promo copy for the purpose of writing an honest review, and I was not paid or compensated in any way to do so.

What I enjoyed about the book:

Willow, the main character is a flawed individual, which makes her real and likable. Who can stand up to a perfect character? Certainly not I. Willow holds onto un-forgiveness like the man given only one talent in Jesus’ Parable of the Talents. She wears it like a badge of honor—
Deana Dick
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story is non stop action and I enjoyed how the author kept readers on the edge of their seats. Willow is a complicated person. She comes from fame and money, but that sure doesn't guarantee a happy life. Willow has come back home to Amazing Grace to get away from someone who is stalking her. The author writes with a style that gives you characters that are complex but extremely intriguing. Buried deep inside Willow is a little girl who just wants to be accepted and loved.

I have always heard
MaryAnn Bell
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Synopsis:

Bitterness, stalking, and a neighbor to die for

What's a girl to do?

Trailed by a stalker in New York City, Willow Thomas, a young ad executive, scurries back to her small North Carolina hometown and the lake house where ten years earlier a scandal revealed her entire life had been a lie, and a seed of bitterness took root in her soul. The cocoon of safety Willow feels upon her arrival home soon unravels when she meets opposition from her family, faces the man she left behind, and the st
Joan
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
The book got off to a rough start for me. There are allusions to many people but with no background provided. We eventually find out later in the book who these people are and their significance but I would have liked that information much earlier. There are also early allusions to an event the tabloids exploited. Again, we do eventually find out all the details but I would prefer the information at the initial mention.

I found the dialogue often confusing. Sometimes a comment would be made and I
Becky Lewis
Great books start with a first sentence that is irresistible. Stalking Willow, by Fay Lamb, definitely does. “In the growing darkness, a maniac waited for Willow Thomas.” Yikes! I’m in!!

Mystery characters, missing treasures, MIA parents, and a stalker who cannot wait to enact his heinous plan. All make for a very fast-paced romantic suspense novel that will have you turning the pages as fast as possible. The downside is, the book has an ending. I hope to read more by Fay Lamb.

Willow Thomas flees
Carol Keen
As per the title, Willow has a stalker. She has a past that has already been exposed, and it makes her a greater target. Willow does what I would have done, what most people would do, run back to her roots. Her roots that are full of people, memories, and issues. Worst of all, her stalker has followed her home to Amazing Grace.

I connected easily to Willow and I liked Quinten as soon as I "met" him. Willow's Granny has passed, but she has left so many reminders of her presence, guidance, insight
Mary
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novel is packed with suspense and tension. Family relationships and dynamics are often not what they seem, and the past, which left much to be desired, no longer rings true either. Willow Thomas escapes a stalker and flees for refuge to the place where she was raised by her grandmother. Grandma is dead and her parents not really part of her life, but the guy next door whom she left behind still cares and sacrifices to keep her safe. Life lessons abound in this story, but I did find it somet ...more
Janice Sisemore
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Stalking Willow

It took me a few chapters to get into the book, but it was really exciting toward the end. It was definitely one dysfunctional family. One of the best characters of the book was the grandmother that already passed away. She left behind a lot of things but most of all her wisdom. Loved Quentin, he loved Willow so much, had a hard time winning her over and protecting her. Willow had a lot to learn in life.

A great suspense book, I has trouble trying to figure out which was the good
Debbie
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Stalking Willow" is the first book in the "Amazing Grace" series, I think they are all stand alone novels.

"Stalking Willow"is a novel full of twists and turns. The ending was a complete surprise.

This is a story that shows what a grandmother's faith can do, but is also a story of deception and lives. It is also a clean love story and a story about forgiveness.

One scene wasn't a very happy outcome, but sometimes we need to be reminded that all things work together for good to those that love God
Alicia Beck
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
My Review
Stalking Willow is the first book in a series. This story seemed a little slow to get going and a bit confusing in the beginning. Willow is the main character . She is not perfect at all. She found herself being stalked in New York so she goes back to her small home area in North Carolina. Lots of mystery and tense scenes are in this story. Lots of twists and turns in the story too. Overall not a bad read. Disclaimer: I was given a complimentary copy of this book but all thoughts and op
Tiffany Hall
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely love a story that grabs me from the first page and has me not wanting to put it down, and Stalking Willow definitely did that to me! From the very first page, I was hooked as the twists and turns in the plot had me turning page after page to the very end to see who was stalking Willow and what would happen next.
As a new author to me, this definitely will not be my last book to read by this author.
I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit, but was not required to give a pos
Jennifer  J.
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A riveting and intense modern Christian suspense with plausible characters and just the right touch of realistic romance. Skillfully and thoughtfully written; decidedly emotionally charged with a message. My first read from this new to me author who has now become a favorite on my TBR list! Highly recommend you read this one now!

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book. A favorable review was not required, no compensation was received, and all views expressed are my own.

Bree
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Suspense and mystery at every turn in a fast paced christian novel from Fay Lamb. When the past catches up to Willow how will she face her future? That and more questions are answered through the gripping novel. I really loved that characters were willing to grow and change. They flowed and complimented each other. Readers that like fast paced, thrilling novels will gravitate to this story. And are sure to become fans of Fay’s writing after reading this novel.
Virginia Winfield
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very good read. I enjoyed the characters and the suspense. I wasn’t to thrilled with the character of Agatha but I grew to respect her. Willow and Quentin had troubles understanding the way they felt about each other. I hope to read the next book in the series. I received a copy of this book from Celebratelit for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
Pat Dyer
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Beneath her professional persona, Willow Thomas's heart harbored resentment. She had reason to be bitter--in fact, many reasons. As much as she loved Granny, she'd lied to Willow, concocting a story about her parents. The truth was her mother hadn't wanted her, and her father's devotion to his wife and his ambition were stronger than his love for his daughter.

Her aunt hated her. Her cousin, Laurel, whom she'd grown up with, had turned on her. Even Quentin had ignored her all through high school.
Betty
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You’d expect a town called Amazing Grace to be a safe harbor filled with honest, caring individuals. But the characters who first greet Willow are flawed and angry. Some aren’t who they seem. And what in the world happened in their past to make her presence abhorrent to them? They don’t seem too happy to have her back in their midst. As the story progresses, you find a family with some issues and honestly, Willow fits right in. After being stalked in the big city, she returns to the one place sh ...more
Anne Campbell
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great one, Fay Lamb--five thumbs up! You have this unique talent for making me forget that I'm just reading a book and begin praying for your characters.

Willow is the daughter of a movie star and a screenwriter whose fame brings her all sorts of unwanted attention, particularly from the paparazzi. Mother (the movie star) doesn't want her in their lives. Father (the screenwriter) talked the mother out of aborting Willow, but was not able to talk the mother into raising their daughter. Wil
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
STALKING WILLOW is not what I expected. It is heart-pounding scary at times, and tear-inducing sweet at others. Certain parts of the story--such as part of "who-dun-it" I had figured out. Other parts of the story--such as "Bear"-- didn't turn out as I expected.

Ms. Lamb is an absolutely stellar suspense author, and if this is the type book that Write Integrity puts out, I will be looking at more of their books. To be honest, the small press books I've read recently have been better written and m
Jennifer Fromke
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Finding Willow grips you from the beginning and doesn’t let you go until the very last page. Lamb takes you on a thrill ride from New York City to the mountains of North Carolina, dropping subtle hints along the way. You may look over your own shoulder more than once if you find yourself reading alone. As the story unfolds, a family takes shape with rich complexity. Spiritual truths are discovered by the characters as they also discover physical truths about what is happening in the story. The d ...more
Judy
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Willow Thomas, a junior ad executive in New York, turns on her laptop and finds a string of threatening emails that also contain photos of herself taken without her knowledge. She realizes that she is being stalked. After finding her apartment trashed as well, she flees to her childhood home in North Carolina for safety and comfort from her family and maybe the man she loved and left behind when she moved to New York. But what she finds is mistrust, turmoil and fear as she discovers her stalker ...more
Randy Tramp
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Willow Thomas, a young ad executive, has a stalker. In her small North Carolina hometown, Willow seeks refuge. But it doesn’t happen. The stalker finds her.

My Thoughts
Talk about one messed up family. That’s the best way I can describe Willow’s family. Yet her life, mirrors so many people’s situations.

The book had suspense on nearly every page. And weaved into that mystery was a bigger picture of reconciliation.

The tension was strong and the love felt. I enjoyed this book and look forward to mo
Ann Peachman Stewart
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Willow is the daughter of famous parents who leaves New York for the small town she grew up in because she is being pursued by a stalker. Angry and bitter about many of the relationships in her life, God uses her situation to remind her of the faith of her grandmother who raised her. Willow is a believable character, with many of the same insecurities most of us carry. The plot twists several times and the action is unrelenting as the book draws to a close. A great read!
Cynthia
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel is possibly the finest example of contemporary Christian romantic suspense I've read. It kept me guessing throughout as to the familial relationships, motivation, and intent of each character I met. At one point, it made me cry, attesting my strong emotional connection with one of the characters.
Faith Zao
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stalking Willow is another great book written by Fay Lamb. It kept me on the edge of my seat with unexpected twists and turns. Her characters are multidimensional and you never know what they are going to do next. Fay is a wonderful writer and I highly recommend this book.
Joe Hightower
Rose Chandler
Apr 01, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Book cover needed 3 62 May 21, 2013 09:31AM

• Shadow Sister
  • Imperfect Promises (Imperfect Series Book 5)
  • Toby's Troubles (An Appleton WV Romantic Mystery #4)
  • Hidden Among the Stars
  • Shadows from the Past
  • Ties That Blind (Sight Unseen #3)
  • Hope Reborn (Texas Romance #3)
  • Dance With Jesus: From Grief to Grace
  • Out of North Korea
  • Delayed Justice (Hidden Justice #3)
  • Monstrous Beauty (The Beauty Series, #2)
  • Argosy Junction
  • Live Pure and Free: The 90-Day Game Changer
  • The Struggle Is Real: Getting Better at Life, Stronger in Faith, and Free from the Stuff Keeping You Stuck
  • A Duel for Christmas (Pevensey Mysteries, #3)
  • The Unannounced Christmas Visitor
  • Chasing Embers (Hart Ranch, #2)
  • Mind Games (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #1)
I am a fifth-generation Floridian, and if I want to be snarky about it, I am not only a Floridian, but all my years have been spent in the same town where my great-grandfather traveled from what is now known as Blue Springs Park with my great-grandmother, whose father ran a steamboat landing there. My great-great-grandparents' home still stands at Blue Springs and can be toured. My grandmother, wi ...more

Amazing Grace (4 books)
  • Better than Revenge (Amazing Grace, #2)
  • Everybody's Broken (Amazing Grace, #3)
  • Frozen Notes (Amazing Grace, #4)

News & Interviews