Start by marking “Dragonstone” as Want to Read:
Dragonstone

Dragonstone

(Kingdom of Chalvaren #1)

Elf prince Kort Elias journeys to a new world in search of a stolen royal dragon egg and discovers a lost elven princess, a prophecy, and danger; and only true love--and an erotic magic he's never experienced--will set them free.
Published May 13th 2013 by Boroughs Publishing Group (first published May 12th 2013)

Start your review of Dragonstone
Karen
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
An extremely quick yet enjoyable read! I liked this book, but man it was short, more like an appetizer rather than a meal. The characters were great, Kort and Mia were both interesting and I loved little baby Magnus (but I do have a soft spot for dragons) so that's a check in my book. I also was dying to know more about Chalvaren the world they all came from. Normally I would want more world building in my fantasy books but because of the length I felt I got an adequate amount of info. I'm eager ...more
Cat | Bookocraze
Originally posted on Book-o-Craze, on a tour hosted by Bewitching Book Tours.

I read this short story as part of a review I wanted to write for a blog event!

It is the prequel of The Kingdom of Chalvaren series! And, my only regret is that I only picked the prequel to read in order for a review to be up, and not the actual first novel in the series, as well!

This was short, but also, hot, steamy, with lots of chemistry between the two characters, and a lot of events taking place in only -less than-
Ciar Cullen
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I've read straight romantic fantasy, but I used to be on a strict diet of it. Dragonstone reminds me a good deal of many of those stories--magic, elves, kingdoms, fated unions. But Ms. Millhouse imbued this short with a hefty dose of sexiness, a mix of classic tropes and contemporary language and reactions, and the thing I liked most--humor. It's not a comedy, but a sweet sexy romance, and yet, the descriptions of Magnus, a dragonlet not quite able to fly (or do much of a ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! I read book 2 first by accident but was not disappointed at all. Both books are fine as stand-alone novels and are equally entertaining. I absolutely love Millhouse, she has quickly jumped into my circle of favorite writers.

I love her imagination and the imagery she creates for readers. I was smoothly brought into the story and enjoyed every minute. Book one is much shorter and a faster read than the second but written brilliantly! I give this book 5 stars, I absolutely loved it!
Bambi Unbridled
Dec 16, 2015 rated it liked it
3 stars / 3 flames.
Brooklyn Ann
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a ton of fun, but too short. Thank heavens there's a full length novel that comes next. I am so snagging it on pay day.
Sapphyria
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 18+
Please note: Dragonstone is intended for mature audiences!!

The Dragonstone is a fist-sized amethyst that has been spoken about as purely a mythical treasure.

The Queen of Chalvarens, however, has paid a mercenary to locate the treasure, thought to have been taken to the land of humans ~ a one dimension hop from Chalvaren. This is where Kort, Prince of Chalvarens, has tracked the mercenary that double-crossed his mother and stole a dragon's egg ~ the first theft in over 10,000 years. It made sense
Maghon Thomas
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the prequel of Chalvaren Rising where we meet our main characters- Prince Kort, Princess Mia, and Dragon Magnus. They are important to this series and you get to see upon meetings, and things get chaos-y, how much you're willing to do and give up to save something that has meaning to you. It's a short story, but is not missing or lacking. It's complex, hawt, and magical.

When baby dragon Magnus is stolen in his egg before he's hatched from Chalvaren, Prince Kort crosses portals and world
Sylvia
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog, fantasy, shorts, adult
When Kort's love for dragons leads him to a more serious love for an Elven Princess, everything changes.

Kort wants to get a dragon back that is attached to an appealing Prophecy of leadership that may mean him. Only the dragon hatchling can lead him to the Dragonstone, and he's travelled from another dimension to get it back. Little does he know that his goal means that he will have to cross paths with the daughter of a traitor, and one whom he is instantly attracted to. To Mia though, he's jus
Samantha Macdouglas
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dragonstone is a fantasy romance short story. Super steamy with a wonderfully strong and protective hero and a very feminine and yet fierce heroine, this story does not disappoint. If anything, it leaves you hungering for more.

Kort races across worlds to save Magnus, a very special dragon who has been stolen and discovers Chalvaren's lost princess. Determined to save them both against mobs of angry peasants, he must convince her to trust him so that together, they can use powerful magic and retu
Julie Ramsey
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
Elf Prince Kort travels to a different world to find a stolen Dragon Egg. What he finds is the egg has hatched and the baby dragon has no other dragons to train it. Oops Dragon on the loose and eating livestock and a Vicar! Korts finds An elf Princess alone in this world with a town against her. Now they must race to find the and ancient artifact and the baby dragon before the town comes with their fire and pitchforks.

This was a good story. The Plot was fun and the erotic scenes were hot. I look
 Patches Braz
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This was a good story. The Plot was fun and the erotic scenes were hot. I look
Leona
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received as an APC courtesy of the author in exchange for a honest review

Science fiction is really not a genre that I read frequently or even on occasion but I am so glad that I had the opportunity to read his book!

Dragonstone was so amazing. Even though it was a short read it packed a big punch, it's very steamy too.

This is the prequel to Chalvaren Rising, which I'll be reading next. I can't wait to see what's next in this new, and unique world.
Beverly
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
My thoughts:
This is a super fast read. The story is short, but very worth reading. You get a feel for the characters straight away and can't help but get emotional. The storyline is entertaining and complete with an ending that leaves you both pleased and anticipating more. I am looking forward to reading more from Paula Millhouse.
Bonnie Gill
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this fun and magical short story so much that I hope she continues to write a series. I didn’t want the story to end.
Mia and Kort have great chemistry and I absolutely love the dragon Magnus. If you like fantasy and looking for a fast moving shorter read pick this one up.
Stacy McKitrick
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, fantasy, e-book
This short (39 pages) story was very entertaining, and I'm not a fan of fantasy. But I do love me some romance and this didn't disappoint. Except, maybe to be too short! Haha! But for a quick romantic read, it hits the spot.
Katherine McIntyre
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and steamy foray into fantasy! Also, Magnus is quite precious <3 ...more
Clara Harding
Dragonstone is a short introduction to the story of how Kort and Mia meet along with the lost dragon Magnus. I found that right from the beginning I was very drawn into the story which was being played out before me, written so intricately by Paula Millhouse, that I settled down and began to devour the first book; Dragonstone (prequel to Chalvaren Rising) and then the second; Chalvaren Rising, one straight after the other.

We begin in Dragonstone with Prince Kort Elias searching for the missing R
Cherri-Anne
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
how better to find a treasure 5 DRAGONSTONES

than with a dragon? Dragons had affinity for all things valuable. He knew dragons, and dragons responded to his gentle, firm hand. It was women who were dangerous. GREAT GHOSTFIRE!! What a DRAGONLICIOUS story!! Elves, dragons & magic, what more could you ask for? Well besides more story, of course! But this book could be 5,000 pages and it would STILL be too short! It truly is that DRAGONTASTIC!! I was so mesmerized by the storyline, Kort, Mia, Magnus,
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is a short but sweet prequel in the Kingdom of Chalvaren series, giving some details into how Kort arrives on earth, why he is there and how he needs to get home. Mia thinks that Chalvaren is a myth, stories that her father made up, even though she knows that she is 'different' to the rest of the village. Their connection is instantaneous and certainly raises the temperature. With a mob of villagers, a young girl who helps to save the day, and a few-day-old dragon who helps to get rid of a ...more
Judy
Jun 26, 2013
Kellyann Zuzulo
Nov 11, 2014
~QuitaBoo~
rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2016
Jun 29, 2013
Terianne
Feb 13, 2016
Book Tour Interview 1 1 Jan 01, 2014 09:55AM
For more information about Paula's books visit her website @ www.paulamillhouse.com

Paula Millhouse writes books where fantasy, romance, and suspense collide.

Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, where Spanish moss whispers tales in breezes from the Atlantic Ocean, as a child she soaked in the sunshine and heritage of cobblestones, pirate lore, and stories steeped in savory mysteries of the south.

Kingdom of Chalvaren (2 books)
  • Chalvaren Rising