Start by marking “Tempting Fate (Fate of the Gods, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Tempting Fate (Fate of the Gods, #1.5)

Tempting Fate

(Fate of the Gods #1.5)

Mia's lived in her sister's shadow long enough. Now that Abby is getting married to a Frenchman, Mia scents freedom. In fact, Jean DeLeon, the groom's too-charming cousin, seems like the perfect place to start. But the House of Lions is full of secrets, and what started out as an exciting fling is quickly becoming more frustration than fun. Mia wants answers, or she wants ...more
Published August 13th 2013 by World Weaver Press (first published August 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tempting Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempting Fate

Natalie Norwood
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amalia Dillin does it again! TEMPTING FATE is just as captivating as her debut, FORGED BY FATE.

In this novella (approx 20,000 words), we get a chance to learn more about Mia, Abby's sister, and what happened behind the scenes in Paris. I must confess, I was very curious about Ethan (Adam) and Mia's relationship, so I'm glad Ms. Dillin gave us their side of the story.

Although I adored the writing (flawless, as always), and the plot was interesting, I'm going to be honest here when I say that Mia
Karen
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I still REALLY don't like Mia. But I liked the perspective this gave me on Adam when I thought he was just being a manipulative little jerk-face at the end of the first book... My cheering section is now all muddled! Curse you Amalia! Very well written I must say. Totally had me hooked.
✿kawehi.reviews
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
"Tempting Fate" is a fast, easy read that can be read well within an hour.

Going into it, and despite it being the 1.5 installment of the series, I had no idea going into this that it would somehow correlate to the first book. So yes, Adam, Eve, and Thor are all present and as usual, Adam is up to his schemes. Eve and Thor aren't particularly active characters in this so don't expect much from them BUT Adam is much very present within it so be on the lookout for him.

....
The plot in 3 Sentences:

T
Rachel V.
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
I really enjoyed reading this short novella. It gives us a little background on how Mia met Adam uhh, I mean Ethan. In the first story she just kind of shows up with him and not a lot is known about how she actually met him and if this is all just a game for Ethan or if he really likes Mia.

Mia does come across selfish and self-centered but I can’t imagine being the sister to Eve reincarnated. Let alone later marry Adam. I can’t help but think that maybe Mia might feel a little better about every
Sealey
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So, I have to admit, when I put TEMPTING FATE on my to-read list (as soon as it was announced), I hadn't actually read what it was about beforehand. I honestly didn't care. I loved the first book in the series (FORGED BY FATE), loved Dillin's writing style etc. And when it finally came out, it didn't feel like a risk to me to purchase TEMPTING FATE before I even sampled it (which is how I normally go about cautiously selecting books to purchase). I just knew I couldn't go wrong. And I didn't. I ...more
Emi
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This novella was not only an interesting storyline but a great addition to the Forged By Fate series. I really loved reading a story from Mia's point of view and the dynamic she had with her sister. We really get an in depth look at Mia, and her relationship with both Adam and Eve, her sister. I was intrigued from the beginning and was sucked in throughout the whole story! I was sad to reach the end of the story! It was a compelling story but also gave me a better understanding of Eve and Mia's ...more
Nazarea
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
I loved being back in this world. Amalia does a wonderful job with her characters, given the length of the novella. It's really fun seeing more of the House of Lions, especially from someone other than Eve's POV. Mia was an understandable, flawed character. But the one who really took the cake was Adam. Don't get me wrong--I love Thor. I even liked his role here. But I adored Adam in this. Being in his head and seeing how he was thinking and his feelings for Eve and Mia and just all of it--I lov ...more
Kevin Kanellakis
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Some people have mentioned finding Adam more sympathetic in this novella. I disagree, I still got a very creepy vibe from him. I don't want to give too much away, but most of his inner monologue just sounded like a stalker convincing himself he didn't have an ulterior motive. The guy can't help himself.

Otherwise, this was a really interesting read from the perspective of Mia, Adam, and (to a slightly lesser extent) some of the Lions. All three are secondary characters in the first book. It's a g
Diana Paz
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is so fun! I adore Adam in this series, and I LOVE seeing him in one of his lives being exactly who he is... and falling in love, too!! Mia is his perfect match--at least during THIS lifetime. ;) She is carefree, playful, sweet, and someone Adam can spoil and love without reservation. Pick up this novella for a fabulous time, you won't regret it!
Shelves: favorites
I didn't think there was any way Amalia Dillin could make me sympathize with Adam after learning about his beginnings in Forged By Fate, but although he's still a bit of a jackass in Tempting Fate, he's a sympathetic jackass. In fact, I think I like him better then Eve now, which makes me even more excited to read the next book in this series!
Emily
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ugh, so good!!!!

I particularly loved the way that this novella addresses Eve/Abby through the eyes of two very important people in her life. Mia's viewpoint, as the thoroughly human little sister, was particularly interesting.

If you liked Forged By Fate, you're going to LOVE this! ♥♥♥
Naomi Ruth
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-fiction, own, series
I quite enjoyed this novella. It hooked me and kept me interested. It was nice to see Eve's sister's point of view and a little bit more of Adam. I really feel bad for Jean now, when I hadn't thought much about him in the first book.
Andrea
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
no spoilers...no spoilers...
loved this little peek into Mia...and into the way the Adam works...
can't wait to start the next installment!!
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed seeing Mia's story and, especially, getting into Adam's head. A really fun novella that has me completely psyched for the second book in the series!
Paula Milazzo
Yanira
May 15, 2013
Marijana
Sep 09, 2014
Amalia Dillin began as a Biology major before taking Latin and falling in love with old heroes and older gods. After that, she couldn't stop writing about them, with the occasional break for more contemporary subjects. She lives in upstate New York with her husband, and dreams of the day when she will own goats--to pull her chariot through the sky, of course.

Amalia is the author of the Fate of th

Fate of the Gods (6 books)
  • Forged by Fate (Fate of the Gods, #1)
  • Fate Forgotten (Fate of the Gods, #2)
  • Taming Fate (Fate of the Gods, #2.5)
  • Facets of Fate (Fate of the Gods, #3.5)
  • Beyond Fate (Fate of the Gods, #3)